Official Flubs Suck Thread

NUKE_CLEVELAND

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ Jun 19, 2006 -> 05:59 AM)
So long as the beer is flowing and the chicks are hot, they could put no one on the field and they'd still sell out. :lol:

That reminded me of a article in one of the papers last year.......

"When you have disappointment, it's harder to deal with as a Sox fan. It hurts you harder. On the North Side with the Cubs, their fans don't care. Win or lose, the beers are always cold and the women are always there. Here, on the South Side, this is reality-land, not fantasy-land. We don't accept disappointment the same. We need to win."

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, in the last two games, the Cubs' offense has been shut down by a guy named Boof, who had an era over 5 before yesterday, and Radke, who's era was 5.84 coming into today's game. Make that 18 games below .500. It's gonna be a nice little battle between them and the Pirates for worst record in the NL.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 03:41 PM)
So, in the last two games, the Cubs' offense has been shut down by a guy named Boof, who had an era over 5 before yesterday, and Radke, who's era was 5.84 coming into today's game. Make that 18 games below .500. It's gonna be a nice little battle between them and the Pirates for worst record in the NL.

Only thing funnier than watching the Flubbs get shutout for the second day in a row is reading the reactions of their fans on northsidebaseball.

LOL!!

I was watching some of the Cubs game yesterday...they suck. I mean really, they are a horrible team. I don't know how Prior, Wood, and Lee is going to turn this team around if they can't field a ground ball, lay down a bunt, or hit the cutoff man.

And Sox fans can never be accused of hating the Cubs more than liking the Sox. Look at that northsidebaseball message board and go to the rivals page. It's ALL Sox stuff. More than I've ever seen at any Sox board (of Cubs stuff obviously)

I've read a few of the threads, and this crazy guy named CubsBullsBears is just really whiney. It's hilarious. Read the thread in the transactions forum titled "Eyre Strike". He said if a trade with the White Sox was going to help them win the World Series, he wouldn't do it even if it helped the Cubs and was the best offer they had. :lol:

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 12:10 PM)
My bosses are season ticket holders for the Cubs. They actually talk about the Sox more than they do the Cubs anymore. One of them has sold off most of his season tix, but held onto the ones for Friday. The reason? He says he wants to see the Sox play.

This year was a big test for the north side ballclub. Their geographical rival won a World Series, and the fanbase responded. The mindless sheep are starting to realize that the product on the field DOES matter. They're getting sick of it. All the sudden the "atmosphere" isn't as important. They want to see a winner. My supervisor is going to the game today and he said he's not even excited because the team is so bad.

The Cubs had their chance to keep this city, and they blew it. This was their chance to respond. And what was that response? Jacque Jones, Juan Pierre, and Gascan Howry. Way to go Jim.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 11:10 AM)
My bosses are season ticket holders for the Cubs. They actually talk about the Sox more than they do the Cubs anymore. One of them has sold off most of his season tix, but held onto the ones for Friday. The reason? He says he wants to see the Sox play.

You realize the s***load of cash the guy has probably made selling his tickets?

The series this weekend is a scary one for me. Its the Cubs' WS. Their season is basically over. The only thing they can do to salvage anything this season is beat the White Sox. Zambrano is always tough, the Sox haven't hit Maddux well at Wrigley, and Marshall is a lefty and the Sox have struggled a little with lefties this season. It is not going to be easy for the White Sox despite how pathetic the Cubs are.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 27, 2006 -> 08:35 AM)
The series this weekend is a scary one for me. Its the Cubs' WS. Their season is basically over. The only thing they can do to salvage anything this season is beat the White Sox. Zambrano is always tough, the Sox haven't hit Maddux well at Wrigley, and Marshall is a lefty and the Sox have struggled a little with lefties this season. It is not going to be easy for the White Sox despite how pathetic the Cubs are.

Unfortunately I think you are dead on. Especially with Barrett coming back I can see their club really getting up for this series. We won't have the luxury of Jim and Paulie in the lineup at the same time. Plus we get Garland and Javy going for us which could be scary.

Edited by BigSqwert