Big Frank

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 08:43 PM)
480 homers for the Hurt.

Next season is going to be really special, as far as guys gettitng to the 500 mark. Off the top of my head, Manny, Frank, and Thome are all within a reasonable stiking distance.

In fact, I believe Manny and Thome are now tied at, IIRC, 469.

I'd absolutely LOVE to see Frank hit 500 at the Cell. That'd be one helluva moment. Jim, too, but Frank (at this point) has a bigger place in my heart.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 11:57 PM)
Next season is going to be really special, as far as guys gettitng to the 500 mark. Off the top of my head, Manny, Frank, and Thome are all within a reasonable stiking distance.

In fact, I believe Manny and Thome are now tied at, IIRC, 469.

I'd absolutely LOVE to see Frank hit 500 at the Cell. That'd be one helluva moment. Jim, too, but Frank (at this point) has a bigger place in my heart.

How insane is it that Alex Rodriguez will likely hit career HR number 500 next season at the ripe old age of 32?

Frank Thomas - 480 HR

Jim Thome - 469

Manny Ramirez - 469

Alex Rodriguez - 460

Gary Sheffield - 453

Tom Glavine - 287 Wins

Randy Johnson - 279

Pedro Martinez - 2986 K

Craig Biggio - 2916 H

Trevor Hoffman - 473 SV (RECORD: 478 Lee Smith)

Craig Biggio - 281 HBP (RECORD: 287 Hughie Jennings)

2007 could be a historic season for career milestones

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 12:18 AM)
How insane is it that Alex Rodriguez will likely hit career HR number 500 next season at the ripe old age of 32?

Frank Thomas - 480 HR

Jim Thome - 469

Manny Ramirez - 469

Alex Rodriguez - 460

Gary Sheffield - 453

Tom Glavine - 287 Wins

Randy Johnson - 279

Pedro Martinez - 2986 K

Craig Biggio - 2916 H

Someone doesn't count records with as-ter-isks!

Thomas' 33rd homer to left came on a fastball from reliever Tim Corcoran and went an estimated 432 feet. It appeared, however, the homer actually went farther.

"Wrong pitch," Corcoran said. "He's comfortable up there. Being comfortable, that's the kind of swings they take."

Oakland starter Dan Haren said Thomas' shot "sounded like an explosion off his bat."

"I thought it was going to hit the roof, to be honest with you," he said.

Thomas drove in three runs. He has 41 RBIs in his last 41 games.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Sep 9, 2006 -> 02:58 AM)
And what he's doing now is peanuts compared to what he did in his prime. And people have the nerve to question whether this guy is a first ballot HOF.

Heck, there are many White Sox fans who absolutely hate this guy for some stupid reason..

Frank Thomas - 480 HR

Jim Thome - 469

Manny Ramirez - 469

Alex Rodriguez - 460

Gary Sheffield - 453

Tom Glavine - 287 Wins

Randy Johnson - 279

Pedro Martinez - 2986 K

Craig Biggio - 2916 H

Hoffman might get the record this year. Same w/ Biggio. The Big Unit will probably have to go into 2008 to get 300. Sheff will probably also have to go into 2008 to get 500. BTW - Big Frank is now at 481

Someone doesn't count records with as-ter-isks!

:cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll take a Line-Drive hitting Frank Thomas over a Swing-for-the-fences Thome anyday of the week.

The only reason I was OK with the Thome deal, was because the SOX werent sure about Frank Thomas and his injury issues and understood they couldnt take that chance again. Now that it seems that he was misdiagnosed in the 1st place, it has made me quite angry

What is with your negativity of Thome?

Wasn't it Frank in 2003 during a pennant run, say something "right now, I'm just going to go out and hit home runs?"

Frank with #34 tonight in Tampa

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ Sep 9, 2006 -> 01:16 PM)
Hoffman might get the record this year. Same w/ Biggio. The Big Unit will probably have to go into 2008 to get 300. Sheff will probably also have to go into 2008 to get 500. BTW - Big Frank is now at 481

Theres no way Biggio gets to 3000 this year.. he needs 84 hits in the next 20 some games.. so unless he goes on a freakishly streak (4.2 hits per game) itll have to wait until next season..

Theres no way Biggio gets to 3000 this year.. he needs 84 hits in the next 20 some games.. so unless he goes on a freakishly streak (4.2 hits per game) itll have to wait until next season..

I meant the HBP record. Of course he's not going to get 3,000 hits by the end of this year

Edited by Cuck the Fubs

I'll take a Line-Drive hitting Frank Thomas over a Swing-for-the-fences Thome anyday of the week.

The only reason I was OK with the Thome deal, was because the SOX werent sure about Frank Thomas and his injury issues and understood they couldnt take that chance again. Now that it seems that he was misdiagnosed in the 1st place, it has made me quite angry

If we had Frank, we'd be out of the race. He got off to a slow start, and spent some time on the DL. Thome got off to an amazing start, and now w/ Konerko and Dye on fire, we can handle his regression.

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ Sep 9, 2006 -> 01:16 PM)
BTW - Big Frank is now at 481

Big Frank will get to 500 next season.

I am as happy as the next person to see Thomas healthy and doing well with Oakland. He’s been very consistent since the ASB and since the Athletics are last in the league when it comes to hitting with RISP, Frank’s name comes up on top when the opposition has to be extremely careful if it’s a close game.

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ Sep 10, 2006 -> 08:32 AM)
If we had Frank, we'd be out of the race. He got off to a slow start, and spent some time on the DL. Thome got off to an amazing start, and now w/ Konerko and Dye on fire, we can handle his regression.

disagree, Frank has been scorching while the sox and thome have been struggling.