aboz56

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 07:31 PM)
Would it have made a difference? They didn't hit the ball out of the infield that inning.

:huh

If Pods is able to get to third with one out, Ozuna becomes 10 times more dangerous at the plate. Theoretically, a runner on 3rd scores after the hustle play by Mackowiak.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 07:32 PM)
Anybody know how much better Cleveland hits with RISP? Any guesses?

Can I raise my hand and state that I think we've done a good job overall with RISP. I know J. Dye has been awesome this year. Sometimes, I think people forget about our offensive issues last year.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 12:32 PM)
Anybody know how much better Cleveland hits with RISP? Any guesses?

Cleveland hits a whopping .288 with RISP. The White Sox hit a pathetic .288. Cleveland has a dominant .835 OPS. The Sox show a s***ty .865 OPS. (Todays numbers not included, btw.)

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 01:33 PM)
Cleveland hits a whopping .288 with RISP. The White Sox hit a pathetic .288.

No way! But we're not clutch! THat number can't be right. .288??? I thought it'd be closer to .188.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 07:33 PM)
Still doesn't make sense, that's a lot of assuming on your part.

I just would have liked to see us in the position where we didn't need a hit to score a run. You couldn't ask for an easier combo to steal against than Carmona and VMart. This was more of a suggestion, and not a criticism of Ozzie though.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 07:36 PM)
I'm glad Hawk and DJ aren't calling this game, because we'd be hearing Hawk for the umpeenth time tell us that "What's really amazing is, We haven't hit our rhythym. And we're second" over and over.

When you have six guys hitting above .300 for almost an entire month, that's a good rhythm to me.

Not sure how it doesn't make sense.

Because it doesn't, first off you are assuming Podsednik, cold, would come in and attempt to steal 3B. Risky, even with Martinez behind the plate. Easier to steal 2nd than 3rd, especially with that Cleveland infield that likes to jockey around at 2B.

Widger being on the bases had nothing to do with failing that inning. It was Mackowiak's hustle that kept it alive and then Thome (right man, right spot) failed to execute.

I tend to agree with those who question Ozzie's obsessiveness about pinch running for the catcher but let's face it, there is a risk. Plus both Widger and Pierzynski, while certainly not quick, are both good solid baserunners.

Anyway, no matter, the bottom line is in two innings with good opportunities they squandered the chance.