Saw Jermaine Dye recently .....

Hangar18

Heres a quick tidbit I thought Id share with everyone. Late afternoon on Saturday, we were driving on the Ryan northbound just past 31st, when to my right, I happened to look over to a guy on my right passing and when I couldve swore I saw a WS Ring on the guys hand (on the steering wheel). Sped up a bit and took a look at the guy, who now took a quick glance to his left, and it was Jermaine Dye! I laughed and gave him the thumbs up, he smiled. I happened to be wearing my SOX jacket, so I pointed to it and he gave us an even bigger smile and nodded his head. Thought that was pretty funny ........

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 05:03 PM)
Heres a quick tidbit I thought Id share with everyone. Late afternoon on Saturday, we were driving on the Ryan northbound just past 31st, when to my right, I happened to look over to a guy on my right passing and when I couldve swore I saw a WS Ring on the guys hand (on the steering wheel). Sped up a bit and took a look at the guy, who now took a quick glance to his left, and it was Jermaine Dye! I laughed and gave him the thumbs up, he smiled. I happened to be wearing my SOX jacket, so I pointed to it and he gave us an even bigger smile and nodded his head. Thought that was pretty funny ........

Censorship? LMAO.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 10:06 AM)
Why are you now frequenting this website?

Did the WSI crew grow tired of your media who-ha?

Yes.

If Hangar would stop playing "victim" and make more posts like this one, he'd have a lot more fans here.

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 12:03 PM)

what kind of car was he driving?

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 12:43 PM)
what kind of car was he driving?

It was a really snazzy one. I think it was an escalade??

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 12:06 PM)

Yeah, the mods over there finally had enough with the media watches and banned me.

Supposedly your not supposed to talk about the other team over there (Shhhhh, cubs),

but they have a forum specifically designated for talking about the other team there, (and a wildly popular and media-mentioned thread "write your own cubune headline)

so I think something else was going on, not sure what, they havnt told me

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 12:53 PM)
It was a really snazzy one. I think it was an escalade??

Yeah, the mods over there finally had enough with the media watches and banned me.

Supposedly your not supposed to talk about the other team over there (Shhhhh, cubs),

but they have a forum specifically designated for talking about the other team there, (and a wildly popular and media-mentioned thread "write your own cubune headline)

so I think something else was going on, not sure what, they havnt told me

Being obsessed and bringing the Cubs into everything couldnt have anything to do with it ....could it?!?!

QUOTE(WCSox @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 12:19 PM)
Yes.

If Hangar would .................. make more posts like this one, he'd have a lot more fans here.

.............hey, I havnt changed at all. Im still the exact same, sox lovin', beer drinkin', music listening, media watchdog Ive always been. Matter of fact, I put my pants on one leg at a time, heh heh

QUOTE(Pods22 @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 12:55 PM)
Being obsessed and bringing the Cubs into everything couldnt have anything to do with it ....could it?!?!

not at all .......... im told theres more to it apparently, because I never broke any rules or cursed anyone out or cursed a mod out for that matter, but who cares. they banned me for talking about the cubs in a cubs forum they designated for cub talk only, and caused some head scratching. whatever. At least here, I can say "Im not feeling so good about the SOX" and have to worry. Back to player sightings, I also remember seeing Robin Ventura walking on Fullerton and Clark with his wife back in 1990 on a saturday morning.

I was across the street and heard someone say GO SOX and the guy was pointing to a guy that looked like Ventura when I realized dang, that is Robin Ventura!

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 12:21 PM)
Inferiority Complex defined.

Glad you brought that up. I was watching the game, and DJ was saying how he liked going to Ballpark in Arlington and that it was a really nice park and he really liked the design. Hawk then said yes its very nice, but that he really likes the work done on the Cell. DJ then said YES, he also loves the work theyve done, the bullpens, the green, the work on the roof and bricks. Hawk said The Cell in his mind is one of the nicer parks in baseball now and DJ said he agrees, its alot better than what it was before. Hawk then said he thought the park was "fine" before the renovations, and that the SOX and the park were simply getting maligned on a daily basis in the media and in particular "a couple of guys" back in chicago (referring to columnists/Idiotti) who would everyday blast the park that soon everyone started believing "all of that" about the park (inferiority complex indeed-Sox shouldve ignored everyone I guess?) ..........he then trailed off, as if he were Angry, and DJ came back and said he was right about that, and now at least the SOX have a nice park

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 11:03 AM)
.............hey, I havnt changed at all. Im still the exact same, sox lovin', beer drinkin', music listening, media watchdog Ive always been. Matter of fact, I put my pants on one leg at a time, heh heh

BTW, I'm not in favor of shutting down your Media Watch posts or anything. It's just that the whole "victim" thing is getting a bit old. Not playing that card would take a lot of heat off of you.

BTW, that's a freaking cool story. :cheers

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 01:10 PM)
Back to player sightings, I also remember seeing Robin Ventura walking on Fullerton and Clark with his wife back in 1990 on a saturday morning.

I was across the street and heard someone say GO SOX and the guy was pointing to a guy that looked like Ventura when I realized dang, that is Robin Ventura!

Cool.

Back in '99 I was able to wait on the entire Sox team. I worked at Fahrenheit (now defunct) on Milwaukee across from the old Iggy's. Was pretty cool. Some of the guys were very friendly but I tried not to act like a tool and ask for autographs and stuff. I played it like I was used to that type of clientele coming in all the time. After the fact, Sirotka and Parque came back a few times and had me wait on them.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 11:23 AM)
Cool.

Back in '99 I was able to wait on the entire Sox team. I worked at Fahrenheit (now defunct) on Milwaukee across from the old Iggy's. Was pretty cool. Some of the guys were very friendly but I tried not to act like a tool and ask for autographs and stuff. I played it like I was used to that type of clientele coming in all the time. After the fact, Sirotka and Parque came back a few times and had me wait on them.

I was at a game in Toronto in '98 and met Ray Durham in the SkyDome bar. Very cool guy, very funny. Also talked to Herm Schneider for a while... REALLY nice guy.

Saw Albert Belle in the lobby afterwards. When he saw my Sox shirt, he gave me a nod. Didn't approach him, though. He is one intimidating dude... and built like a freaking house.

Edited by WCSox

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 12:06 PM)

The mods have been on a severe power trip lately. Hence why I'm here. I called out the guy who actually runs the website itself (he has nothing to do with the White Sox content...at least I'm pretty sure about that), because he basically called everyone in a thread a bunch of dumbasses and he banned me for a month. I sent in an "appeal" of sorts to one of the other mods, and he said he tried to get me back, but FWC wouldn't allow it.

But like I said, most of the mods are on some crazy power trip lately and ban people for talking about the Cubs even though, like Hangar said, there is a forum especially made for media bias stuff, Cub related stuff, and ridiculous trade rumors.

by the way, Hangar I'll shoot you a PM. I think I finally know the whole story behind me getting banned. hehe

QUOTE(WCSox @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 01:30 PM)
I was at a game in Toronto in '98 and met Ray Durham in the SkyDome bar. Very cool guy, very funny. Also talked to Herm Schneider for a while... REALLY nice guy.

Saw Albert Belle in the lobby afterwards. When he saw my Sox shirt, he gave me a nod. Didn't approach him, though. He is one intimidating dude... and built like a freaking house.

Ray is by far the funniest guy I've ever met.

Albert is all bark and no bite. :lol:

QUOTE(SoxFan76 @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 06:32 PM)
The mods have been on a severe power trip lately. Hence why I'm here. I called out the guy who actually runs the website itself (he has nothing to do with the White Sox content...at least I'm pretty sure about that), because he basically called everyone in a thread a bunch of dumbasses and he banned me for a month. I sent in an "appeal" of sorts to one of the other mods, and he said he tried to get me back, but FWC wouldn't allow it.

But like I said, most of the mods are on some crazy power trip lately and ban people for talking about the Cubs even though, like Hangar said, there is a forum especially made for media bias stuff, Cub related stuff, and ridiculous trade rumors.

by the way, Hangar I'll shoot you a PM. I think I finally know the whole story behind me getting banned. hehe

WOOOHOOOO! GOOD FOR YOU!!

Now, seriously, if you have stories to tell like that, keep it to a PM. I don't care what's going on over there, and neither does just about everyone else here.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 01:37 PM)
Would you say he watches the world as it goes by. :lol: ;)

Yep... on a cute little LCD tracking monitor. :lolhitting

I really shouldn't laugh. That girl didn't have a chance against his brain.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 01:38 PM)
WOOOHOOOO! GOOD FOR YOU!!

Now, seriously, if you have stories to tell like that, keep it to a PM. I don't care what's going on over there, and neither does just about everyone else here.

I still dont get the intentionally blank thing in your sig.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 01:34 PM)
Oh joy.. a WSI bashing thread

:headshake

Somebody asked why Hangar is here, and it's similar to why I'm here, to a lesser extent. I'd like to know why you don't post at WSI anymore.

QUOTE(SoxFan76 @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 01:41 PM)
Somebody asked why Hangar is here, and it's similar to why I'm here, to a lesser extent. I'd like to know why you don't post at WSI anymore.

1 mod previously asked for this crap NOT to be posted.. now a second one has. How many more will it take...?

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 01:36 PM)
Ray is by far the funniest guy I've ever met.

Albert is all bark and no bite. :lol:

I'll never forget him about falling off of the stage at Soxfest in 2000 when I told Cal Eldred he was the most popular guy in Chicago after being aquired for Jaime Navarro. He kept laughing and teasing Eldred the whole rest of the time they signed, calling him "Mr Popularity"

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 06:43 PM)
I'll never forget him about falling off of the stage at Soxfest in 2000 when I told Cal Eldred he was the most popular guy in Chicago after being aquired for Jaime Navarro. He kept laughing and teasing Eldred the whole rest of the time they signed, calling him "Mr Popularity"

I remember that. That was the year I actually got to go to soxfest.