Interleague Play

shoota

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Jun 17, 2006 -> 08:34 PM)
Paul Monitor wouldn't be in the Hall of Fame at all if it wasn't for the DH rule.

Frank Thomas would have been done years ago as well. Harold Baines' career would have been about 8 years shorter or he may have become a firstbaseman.

QUOTE(shoota @ Jun 17, 2006 -> 11:52 AM)
I'm not a fan of AL and NL teams adopting the other league's rules when they are the visitor. I propose that no matter which team is the home team during interleague play, the AL should keep its DH rule and the NL should keep its pitchers bat rule.

This rule change should apply in all regular season interleague games as well as all All-Star and World Series games.

Are you out of your f***ing mind? This is the most ridiculous thing that I've ever read on any fan site anywhere. How about national league batters have to hit blindfolded as well? And play defense on their knees.

There should be two DHs. It's incredibly hard to hit after sitting behind the plate catching on a hot summer day. Let the pitcher AND the catcher off the hook from batting.

Edit: Or it should just be a 7 person lineup.

Edited by whitesoxin'

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jun 17, 2006 -> 09:34 PM)
Exactly, I hate the National League the same reasons as you do. All the time the 8th hitter is walked. It's just annoying.

Cincy respected Anderson's authorit-ah tonight.

Of course Contreras couldn't hit water if he fell out of a raft...from...Cuba...

Edited by knightni

The schedule makers must hate the Sox.

This week White Sox faced 2nd place Cincy, Detroit got... the Flubs.

Next week, the Sox get the Cards and the 'Stros. Det gets Milwaukee, then FINALLY they have to play St Louis.

Ridiculous.

:fight

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 17, 2006 -> 07:13 PM)
Edgar Matinez' career would have been over 8 years before he retired if the DH didn't exist. It helps players who totally suck at defense, are injury risks in the field or are just too damn old to play the field a way to prolong thier careers.

I hate watching National League baseball anyway, you see so many pitchers walk the 8th hitter in order to get out of a jam, in the AL there isn't usually that incredibly easy out in every lineup that pitchers can bank on. It deflates ERA's and and inflates strikeout numbers for pitchers.

NL Baseball sucks. I hate when people say that NL baseball has more stratigy because of the double switch. NL ball only means more comercials during games.

and besides pitchers have no reason batting....even if garland homered today

QUOTE(knightni @ Jun 18, 2006 -> 12:10 AM)
Of course Contreras couldn't hit water if he fell out of a raft...from...Cuba...

:lolhitting

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Jun 19, 2006 -> 10:46 AM)
I've got a good rule change, how about adding the short center position, like in softball, then we can totally do away with the shift.

Instead of DHing the guy, set him up in short left.

Might as well.

That'll get rid of the motionless DH yet, the pttchers still won't bat then.

If I was the Comish...

Both leagues should play under the same rules. I don't really care if the DH is used or not, as long as both leagues do the same thing.

I also think all the playing dimensions at every ball park should be the same. There shouldn't be a frickin one hundred foot difference from home plate to CF from one park to the other, or a Green Monster, or a bubble, or a pole sticking otta the ground in CF, or dome lights...........

If we have Designated Hitters, we should be able to have Designated Fielders too.

You could make it like football where you have an offense (hitters) and defense (fielders), where some guys play both sides ala Neon Deon Sanders or Joe Clutch Crede.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 19, 2006 -> 11:55 AM)
I also think all the playing dimensions at every ball park should be the same. There shouldn't be a frickin one hundred foot difference from home plate to CF from one park to the other, or a Green Monster, or a bubble, or a pole sticking otta the ground in CF, or dome lights...........

I kinda like this aspect of baseball, it makes it unique to every other sport.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 19, 2006 -> 04:55 PM)
If I was the Comish...

Both leagues should play under the same rules. I don't really care if the DH is used or not, as long as both leagues do the same thing.

Good thing you arent Comish :P . And even if you were they wouldnt let you make all those changes the commish has his limitations lol.

QUOTE(RX Bandits @ Jun 18, 2006 -> 10:52 PM)
I hate when people say that NL baseball has more stratigy because of the double switch.

I hate that as well. What "stragegy" is involved when the #8 hitter never sees a pitch to hit? The purists also fail to recognize that lineups aren't based solely on how well the players hit. If that were the case, BA and Uribe would be riding the pine right now. Ozzie pinch-hits Mackowiak, Ozuna, and Cintron A LOT... and always has to weigh their increased hitting prowess vs. their inferior defense when doing so. No strategy, my ass.