Joe Crede's bright future v. Josh Fields, Ryan Sweeney

Steve9347

QUOTE(dasox24 @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 10:17 PM)
This is what I'm thinking also. It's probably the most realistic and best situation out there. Although, who's gonna lead off for us once Pods is gone? That could be a potentially big problem in a couple years.

Also, another scenario is that Fields plays 1B. I like this situation a lot as well. Thome isn't gettin' any younger, and Paulie could move to DH.

We'd have to find a burner to play MIF. It's a good problem to have.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 10:47 AM)
I think next season assuming we dont replace our middle infield it will be Iguchi Uribe leading off for us. Hopefully in the far future it can be Getz and Valido but dont know about that.

Getz is putting up a Podsednik-like average in AA, without the speed. I dont think hes going to be a major league starter.

So if we arent moving Fields because we think he has more value at 3b on the market, who are we trying to acquire? Quite frankly, if its not Carl Crawford, I really would rather not move Fields. The bullpen doesnt really scare me anymore (and I think Tracey is coming back) so who else would we be trying to make a deal for? just curious.

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 06:07 PM)
From what I've read, Getz is purely a utility player that will be a good defensive 2B/SS off the bench, but little else. His ceiling isn't that high, and he'll never hit for much average, power, or OBP.

His ceiling isnt as high as some players but i refuse to label a guy in his first season at AA as nothing more than a future utility guy. Right now his avg. is in the .260's but by end of season it could easily be .280's or higher and from what i heard he walks. In the majors I think he could be a productive guy at the top of the lineup which he wont need to hit for power.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 04:36 PM)
well, we're talking years from now. if you think pods is going to be on this team in 3 years, i think that's pushing it...

I agree, i think no i predict pods GONE after this years Series Championship.