Official Game Thread 6/30 - Sox vs Cubs 1:20

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(1549 @ Jun 30, 2006 -> 03:23 PM)
Garland has never had a 'punch out' pitch...imagine if he did.

Last year he threw his sinker inside a lot, and what he used on tough righties in clutch situations was a tight change he threw that bottomed out. Its not as effective this year because he has been behind a lot/doesnt throw in as much/ and he leaves it up.

A good low change if you are throwing in is tough to lay off.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 30, 2006 -> 04:21 PM)
This is just one of the many reasons why Jon Garland is so frustrating to watch, the inconsistency just insane.

I could not agree more! Sometimes you just want to go out there and punch him awake. Then he will look awesome. If he only had more of a bulldog personality out there.

A Quality Start is a relatively new baseball statistic developed by John Lowe. It attempts to gauge the number of "good" starts that a pitcher has. A start is determined to be a quality start if the pitcher pitches at least six innings and allows no more than three earned runs.

QUOTE(tealeafreaderii @ Jun 30, 2006 -> 03:27 PM)
hahahaha Dusty just put Neifi in... god he is retarded.

His man love for Neifi is funny. Nefi should send some money back to Baker, because he would never ever be a major leaguer at this point in his career without Baker.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 30, 2006 -> 03:29 PM)
LOL, I don't care about making fun of them but you could do better then that.

I am short staffed here at work today, dont have the time to put the good effort in. I will do better next time. :P

We need to expose their DH playing left field this series.