Orioles at White Sox 7/03/06

BigSqwert

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jul 4, 2006 -> 12:40 AM)
This pitching problem is only getting worse. The defense has been s*** this inning, but all the hits in between could be prevented. This is Pathetic. The "best staff in baseball" is getting hit like a Triple A pitcher.

Just wait until we play the Red Sox, Yanks, Tigers.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 3, 2006 -> 07:41 PM)
Just wait until we play the Red Sox, Yanks, Tigers.

Exactly. People keep pointing out the Tigers weak schedule. The White Sox have played even a weaker one. Garcia is either hurt or near done. Could you imagine the White Sox record this season with last season's offense?

We've invested too much in this rotation.

But I'm officially concerned. Garcia has NOTHING on his fastball. It's embarrassing to watch him battle through. Garland and Vazquez are too inconsistent. Even Buehrle and Contreras have had their share of poor starts.

The amount of our "investment" has nothing to do with whether we should pick up a good starter for the stretch run. Garland hasn't been inconsistent; he's been dogs***. He's had a few good starts and a whole bunch of crappy ones. I don't care how much the Sox have invested in him and Garcia. The Sox should pick up some good starter for the remainder of the season and put either Garcia or Garland in the bullpen. Either you want to win the WS or you want to justify all of KW's decisions. In this case, you can't do both.

Edited by SoxHawk1980

Guest JimH
The amount of our "investment" has nothing to do with whether we should pick up a good starter for the stretch run. Garland hasn't been inconsistent; he's been dogs***. He's had a few good starts and a whole bunch of crappy ones. I don't care how much the Sox have invested him him and Garcia. The Sox should pick up some good starter for the remainder of the season and put either Garcia or Garland in the bullpen. Either you want to win the WS or you want to justify all of KW's decisions. In this case, you can't do both.

Suggestions? Who do you trade?

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 3, 2006 -> 06:48 PM)
I get home, we're down 2-1. I sit down for a 10 min. dinner, get back to the tv, we're down 6-1. Whatthef***happened?

s***ty Pitching and awful, awful defense = 4 runs.

Suggestions? Who do you trade?

I just this evening came to the conclusion that we should trade for a starter, so I haven't given it a lot of thought. I'd give up a couple top prospects and a lower level prospect for D. Willis.

In general, for a good SP for the stretch run, I'd be willing to give up some of our best prospects. A WS this year is worth more than the "maybe" that each of those prospects represents.