Official "Squared Circle" Thread

Guest $I Need Money$

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My one buddy used to work at Outback in Gurnee and whenever WWE or WCW was in Chicago, wrestlers used to drive up there go to Outback. Big Show never came in but guys like Angle, Jericho, and Heyman were always very nice to people there.

Angle came in once with Jindrack and Luther Reigns and they were assholes. Angle was talking to people and siging autographs and Reigns and Jindrack were yelling at him to get in the car.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 10:46 PM)
One good Scott Steiner botch deserves another.

144787ahahahahxf2ss2.gif

embarassing. funny, but embarassing.

so anybody else excited for this Foley/Flair I Quit match at SummerSlam...this could be the show stealer.

^^just found this, thought it would give everyone a good laugh

Edited by MHizzle85

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 11:24 PM)
embarassing. funny, but embarassing.

so anybody else excited for this Foley/Flair I Quit match at SummerSlam...this could be the show stealer.

It has a possibility to be a really great match. I was kinda sad because the promos seemed to go downhill from Foley's initial promos in Greenwich studios. But it still looks like they can go pretty hard and put in a quality match.

And also, can they give Armando Alejandro Essssssstrada a stable of wrestlers? It is amazing how over he is compared to "Haha, the Samoan Bulldozer" Jamal -- er, sorry, Umaga. We get it. The Thumb of Doom is not a finisher, not to mention every match against a main eventer has been won with lots of outside interference to a terrible degree that makes him weak. Besides, he's just being "fattened up" to do the j.o.b. to SuperCena at a big PPV after the booking staff/creative completely delegitimizes Edge as a worker and qualified champ to carry the company since they've done a good job of that so far.

Baw Gawd Kang! SuperCena just FU'ed a 500 pound man! Baw gawd!

Baw Gawd Kang! Triple H has got family to feed! Damn Satan, Satan Jr. and the Thumb of Doom!"

"Like a gulf war, brother / He attacks from the air!" :lol:

"Are we going in the limo?"

"No, we're gonna step!"

It's sad that such an athletic worker got saddled with such bad gimmicks.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 11:40 PM)
It has a possibility to be a really great match. I was kinda sad because the promos seemed to go downhill from Foley's initial promos in Greenwich studios. But it still looks like they can go pretty hard and put in a quality match.

And also, can they give Armando Alejandro Essssssstrada a stable of wrestlers? It is amazing how over he is compared to "Haha, the Samoan Bulldozer" Jamal -- er, sorry, Umaga. We get it. The Thumb of Doom is not a finisher, not to mention every match against a main eventer has been won with lots of outside interference to a terrible degree that makes him weak. Besides, he's just being "fattened up" to do the j.o.b. to SuperCena at a big PPV after the booking staff/creative completely delegitimizes Edge as a worker and qualified champ to carry the company since they've done a good job of that so far.

Baw Gawd Kang! SuperCena just FU'ed a 500 pound man! Baw gawd!

Baw Gawd Kang! Triple H has got family to feed! Damn Satan, Satan Jr. and the Thumb of Doom!"

"Like a gulf war, brother / He attacks from the air!" :lol:

"Are we going in the limo?"

"No, we're gonna step!"

It's sad that such an athletic worker got saddled with such bad gimmicks.

I would love to see Estrada with a "dungeon of doom" type stable, i think i would mark out like crazy for that.

"No, we're gonna step!"-I think i'm telling that to every friend who mentions driving this week.

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 12:59 AM)
Oh, I just read that the rumor is that the 2nd ECW PPV will be in Chicago...

I don't know whether to anticipate or boo.

Depends on where the product goes. Heyman is also pushing for Dreamer to get partial booking abilities for ECW.

And oh yes, Ric Flair rap song:

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 01:54 AM)
I don't know whether to anticipate or boo.

Depends on where the product goes. Heyman is also pushing for Dreamer to get partial booking abilities for ECW.

And oh yes, Ric Flair rap song:

WOOO!! Let's Dance All Night Long!

So who's excited for Sabu vs Angle #1 contender's match tonight on ECW?

Edit: TRU, that was such a sick bump from ONS II. Almost as bad as when Funk took the bump in the barb wire. I was just disappointed to learn later that the result of the Sabu/Mysterio bump (the end of the match) was just a work.

Thanks for upping a match featuring The Great Muta...was i the only one that marked out as young'n in his WCW days...i mostly because he had facepaint and sprayed mist. As you can tell it didn't take much to amuse me as a child.

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 02:39 AM)
Thanks for upping a match featuring The Great Muta...was i the only one that marked out as young'n in his WCW days...i mostly because he had facepaint and sprayed mist. As you can tell it didn't take much to amuse me as a child.

I was a huge Muta mark back in the day. The thing I liked about him was the way he'd sort of stalk around a guy and then hit a move REAL quickly. Think Tajiri, but about 100 times better.

...oh, and also because on the rare occasion that his intended victim would duck from the mist, I would yell "THE MIST MISSED!!! THE MIST MISSED!!!" in my best Tony Schiavone or David (not Davy :D ) Crockett voice, and my rasslin buddies would get pissed at me.

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 02:39 AM)

Muta was one of the reasons that I was watching WCW for a long time. He was so awesome in the ring. I marked so hard for him when he'd make the appearances on Nitro from time to time with Masahiro Chono and the rest of nWo Japan.

Watching a lot of his older Japanese matches is fun because they are so awesome. It just sucks that his knees have taken so much wear and tear over the years that he can't hit his fantastic moonsault anymore. But that being said, I still mark so very hard for shining wizards!

--

The ECW show was solid again this week. Dreamer/Sandman and Knox/Test feud got furthered productively with Sandman and Dreamer looking strong during their matches and afterwards. The Fertig match -- although my one criticism is that a vampire should not be able to use a crucifix anything as a finisher :P -- was good. The swerve at the end of the show was pretty good too during the Angle/Sabu match.

The only bad part of the show was that terribly botched Van Daminator.

QUOTE(Purdue129 @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 11:20 PM)
$10 GA for ROH on 8/26 @ rohwrestling.com this week

I've said it before and I'll say it again, do yourself a favor and check it out. With the roster it's pretty much impossible for them to put on a bad show.

I concur:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=12...q=6+man+tag+roh

Do Fixer vs Blood Generation 6 man tag match in ROH. All I can say is...Wow. That was pretty damn good.

And for good measure, the CM Punk vs Raven Clockwork Orange House of Fun Cage Match

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1...3&q=cm+punk