AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!!!!!&#

NUKE_CLEVELAND

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 02:07 AM)
Guys....I just want to say one thing...lets enjoy this win :cheers

We had a rough 6 games (losing 5 of em) and its nice to be able to kick back and grab a win, especially against the team with the best record in baseball.

Fixed.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That said just want to make this friendly reminder and its what LCR said:

1. We have already discussed that the ethnic spelling/speech on the boards (i.e "Joo know wha?" etc.) is prohibited.

Have fun, enjoy the thread cause this thread and the game thread are the two threads that are a little more loose due to being more reactionary, but remember, explicit cursing is no tolerated. However the ocassionally exciting thread (which would be winner threads and the ocassional game threads where I understand people get upset from time to time) are cool. Just stay away from personal attacks or incredibly harsh attacks (even if not directed at anyone).

THANK YOU JON!!! Finally someone acted like a pitcher.

JG just gave us the key game to this series. We can't get swept, and we still have 1 of our "aces" coming up to pitch on Thursday.

We get a good game out of Jittery Javy tomorrow, and then Detroit starts seeing Jose's forkball.

And maybe just as importantly, the guys from Detroit have to hear another night of "Why can't you beat these guys, even when they're losing".

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 18, 2006 -> 09:11 PM)
THANK YOU JON!!! Finally someone acted like a pitcher.

JG just gave us the key game to this series. We can't get swept, and we still have 1 of our "aces" coming up to pitch on Thursday.

We get a good game out of Jittery Javy tomorrow, and then Detroit starts seeing Jose's forkball.

And maybe just as importantly, the guys from Detroit have to hear another night of "Why can't you beat these guys, even when they're losing".

Garland has quietly been putting together a nice run lately. Its good to see him return to 2005 form.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 02:11 AM)
That said just want to make this friendly reminder and its what LCR said:

1. We have already discussed that the ethnic spelling/speech on the boards (i.e "Joo know wha?" etc.) is prohibited.

Have fun, enjoy the thread cause this thread and the game thread are the two threads that are a little more loose due to being more reactionary, but remember, explicit cursing is no tolerated. However the ocassionally exciting thread (which would be winner threads and the ocassional game threads where I understand people get upset from time to time) are cool. Just stay away from personal attacks or incredibly harsh attacks (even if not directed at anyone).

I thought you said ethnic spelling wasn't allowed?

:huh

Just messin with ya.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 18, 2006 -> 09:27 PM)
Another bright spot of the day is Nate Robertson getting hit around again. He hasn't been all that great his last 3 starts, meaning he's hopefully coming back to being Nate Robertson.

Yes, and hopefully we see 2nd half Kenny Rogers on Thursday. Their staff is very good, but they are not as good as they've pitched this year, no way.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 18, 2006 -> 09:59 PM)
Yes, and hopefully we see 2nd half Kenny Rogers on Thursday. Their staff is very good, but they are not as good as they've pitched this year, no way.

They only have 2 starters on that staff that have ever pitched more than 200 innings. It's going to be interesting to see how their arms hold up in the second half and down the stretch.

Also, our staff is not nearly as bad as they have been lately.........no way.

Edited by NUKE_CLEVELAND

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 18, 2006 -> 10:02 PM)
They only have 2 starters on that staff that have ever pitched more than 200 innings. It's going to be interesting to see how their arms hold up in the second half and down the stretch.

Also, our staff is not nearly as bad as they have been lately.........no way.

I have no faith at all in Vasquez or Garcia.....I think Buehrle will be fine though, and that Garland is now fine, and Jose of course is Jose. I honestly hope we trade Vasquez (or Garcia I guess, but I'd rather dump Javy, who's been bad for a lot longer, as in a few years) for something nice and put B-Mac in the rotation, he's ready and Vasquez could bring something nice in return.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 18, 2006 -> 10:09 PM)
I have no faith at all in Vasquez or Garcia.....I think Buehrle will be fine though, and that Garland is now fine, and Jose of course is Jose. I honestly hope we trade Vasquez (or Garcia I guess, but I'd rather dump Javy, who's been bad for a lot longer, as in a few years) for something nice and put B-Mac in the rotation, he's ready and Vasquez could bring something nice in return.

The only guy on our staff that Im dead set against right now is Vazquez. He's a headcase just like Zambrano except he can't pitch nearly as good. When you have a guy losing his mind as soon as he makes 1 mistake thats a serious problem.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 18, 2006 -> 10:10 PM)
The only guy on our staff that Im dead set against right now is Vazquez. He's a headcase just like Zambrano except he can't pitch nearly as good. When you have a guy losing his mind as soon as he makes 1 mistake thats a serious problem.

Agreed, and Freddy has a much better history and pedagree for success than Vasquez does. He really hasn't been much to write home about since he left Montreal, whereas Freddy has a long history of being damn good. I worry a ton about Freddy since he has a Greg Maddux fastball, but at least he has a history of success and gives me hope he could turn it around. Vasquez is what he is, he'll make people drool with his stuff and some great games, but he's really a .500 pitcher who is inconsistent and a mental midget.