2006 Draft Recap: Rounds 1-10

danman31

2006 Draft Recap: Rounds 1-10

FutureSox's 2006 Draft coverage concludes with a look at the top 10 picks

By FutureSox Staff

FutureSox will finish its draft coverage with information on the top 10 picks of the White Sox. Nine of them signed and each of those nine has began his professional career. Is there a future superstar in this group? Will the top picks meet their potential and make the White Sox look like geniuses in a few years? We have no idea yet, but here's what we do know about these players. More...

I'd like to thank Josh (maggsmaggs) and Evan (dasox24) for helping out with these articles. They really helped out a ton and did a great job. I appreciate it and I know Jason appreciates it. I would like to think the four of us put together some good stuff here and people enjoyed it. :cheers

Yeah great job with this guys, Dan, Josh, Jason and Evan. You guys always do a fantastic job with the draft picks after the draft, and this year's no exception. Always a good read. :cheers

EDIT: Yay, 20,000 posts for me.

Thats kind of disheartening to hear that Duffy wont sign with us... he was one of the few guys I was really excited about. Overall in terms of players we drafted and signed this doesnt seem like a very impressive group. Although my favorite prospect of the group Shelby is starting to hit better after a slow start.

Very nice job by the SoxTalk staff on the draft coverage.

Looks like almost all our high draft picks are having a bit of trouble adjusting to pro ball. Not a lot of impressive numbers so far but let's see what they do by years end and in their first full season next year. Most times it takes a while to settle in.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 05:47 AM)
Very nice job by the SoxTalk staff on the draft coverage.

Looks like almost all our high draft picks are having a bit of trouble adjusting to pro ball. Not a lot of impressive numbers so far but let's see what they do by years end and in their first full season next year. Most times it takes a while to settle in.

The only relatively scary part is that the Sox seemed to ease these guys into the league by sending most of them to the short-season league when in years past they were more agressive. My guess is the Sox were expecting the easier adjustment to pay off with more immediate numbers but the long term reality is that what they do in there first month or so in the league really don't mean squat as long as they are getting comfortable and improving.

Josh, Evan and Dan all did awesome work on this and I think everyone will be glad to know we got quite a few interviews lined up and will have an interview posted on the site from Matt Enuco (draft pick) in the next day and a half and than are working on getting some from some current farm hands.