Shea Hillebrand

Chisoxfn

It seems like the org and him had a parting of ways following him and his wife's adoption of a kid. He didn't get any congratulations or anything from the organization and the communication appeared to have been limited.

Obviously the whole story isn't out there, but it sounds like a crappy job by Jays management, but I may not know the whole story.

Either way they have 10 days to trade him, otherwise he'll become a free agent (since he won't be reporting to the minors).

Supposedly he was also b****ing about not being in the lineup. Then he refused to sit in the dugout. He claims Gibbons berated him in front of the whole team, though Ricciardi says, "His version of events are different from ours." So disappointed in the Washington Post. Sic, sic, sic. Anyway, the story.

it always seemed like he should have been playing more. He's a good hitter, good doubles hitter. This is bad mangment on the Blue Jays. They should have traded him and they probably could have gotten something pretty decent for him, not now.

The guy and his wife just adopted a child and he's all worked up because ballclub officials didn't congratulate him?!?! Is he for real?

Gee, nice to know how much it means to him to have a child. He's going to be a great dad, not like he's got any maturity issues.

I hope to never see a guy like that in a Sox uniform. OTOH, the story's interesting in what it doesn't say, too -- there sure is some dissension on that ballclub, and it's about more than just an adoptive dad not getting a cake from the front office. H'mmmmm.....

I'm sorry, I think Gibbons was a total prick about this. I heard a guy talking about how things went down on Cold Pizza this morning nad Gibbons was yelling at Hilly threatening to fight him, etc and Hilly just stood there.

Gibbons than told him to go home and Hilly stayed in the clubhouse and eventually got word that he was gone.

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 01:31 PM)
I would imagine the Twins would be looking at him if the price is right since they need a thirdbaseman

dammit Jim, stop giving Ryan ideas. :D

I'm just more surprised they didn't pick up a 3Bman from the Blue Jays earlier, but, meh, better late then never.

QUOTE(sayitaintso @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 01:11 AM)
KW still got AJ even though he was a "cancer" so you never know...

KW did his research there though.

This will what the 3rd team Hillenbrand's left since he's been in the majors now though right?

well, Koskie was offered to the Twins in the offseason, the Jays would of paid his salary and the Twins would just have to had sent a medicore AA player in return (this was right after they signed Glaus)

Terry Ryan wanted to give Tony Batista a chance and prove he was worth that $1 mil contract, so he declined.

worst non-move of the season :lol:

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 08:00 PM)
well, Koskie was offered to the Twins in the offseason, the Jays would of paid his salary and the Twins would just have to had sent a medicore AA player in return (this was right after they signed Glaus)

Terry Ryan wanted to give Tony Batista a chance and prove he was worth that $1 mil contract, so he declined.

worst non-move of the season :lol:

agreed

With Koskie, you know you are going to get power, you're going to get great defense, and you're guaranteed atleast 1 DL stint a year. Tony Batisita just sucks

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 09:55 AM)
Gibbons chalenged him to match of fistacuffs And Hillenbrandy choose not to fight him. Wimp.

He didn't want to end up like Latrell Spreewell. You know nothing good would have come from that fight.

Except for some revenge for spring training workouts?

It would have better if Hillebrand stood up and said "I'm not going to fight an old guy like you. I don't hit guys older than my dad"

Along with Vinnie Chulk for Jeremy Accardo;

Giants acquired infielder Shea Hillenbrand and RHP Vinnie Chulk from the Blue Jays for RHP Jeremy Accardo.

Mark Sweeney likely remains the Giants' best choice at first base against right-handers, but Hillenbrand almost surely will play regularly initially and hit sixth or seventh, maybe higher against left-handers. August and September have traditionally been his two worst months of the season, so don't expect big numbers. Something like .280-7-35 is reasonable. Jul. 22 - 1:19 am et

Vinnie Chulk was traded from the Jays to the Giants in a three-player deal.

The Jays had clearly soured on Chulk and may not have viewed him as anything more than a throw-in here, even if he had pitched well in his last two stints with the club. Chulk is likely to be fine middle reliever in the National League. He might not have any fantasy value at all, but the Giants shouldn't notice much of a downgrade from Jeremy Accardo. Jul. 22 - 1:15 am et

Blue Jays acquired RHP Jeremy Accardo from the Giants for infielder Shea Hillenbrand and RHP Vinnie Chulk.

Accardo, 24, had a 4.91 ERA and a 1.21 WHIP in 40 1/3 innings for the Giants. With a pretty good fastball-slider combination, he is a better bet for the long-term than Chulk. However, we're not sure he's the better of the two relievers right now. If Chulk wasn't involved, we'd complement J.P. Ricciardi for getting a useful part in return. As is, we can't. Jul. 22 - 1:12 am et

Giants did very well here IMHO. They're going for is this season it looks like, seeing how it may be Bonds last season with the Giants, and possibly Schmidt's as well.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 12:29 AM)
Along with Vinnie Chulk for Jeremy Accardo;

Giants did very well here IMHO. They're going for is this season it looks like, seeing how it may be Bonds last season with the Giants, and possibly Schmidt's as well.

Agree. Giants made out like robbers, I thought they would get a pretty good prospect in return.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 05:45 PM)
Agree. Giants made out like robbers, I thought they would get a pretty good prospect in return.

Well Hillenbrand's value was pretty much shot. If they moved him earlier in the season, they could have at least gotten Adam Kennedy back for him probably.