Sox v. Rangers, Gamethread

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 09:26 PM)
AJP took forever, and I know I'm not the only one who feared a wild throw to 1b. GREAT JOB BY OZZIE THAT INNING!

I was scared spiffless too :P

QUOTE(Felix @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 08:24 PM)
I disagree. After his first 15 pitches, Bobby's stats become rather miserable (8.64 ERA during pitches 16-30).

ERA based on # of pitches is flawed stat.

Not many pitchers can have a high ERA on pitches 1-15 because, well, 15 pitches is an average inning. So for a guy who works out of the pen, pitches #16-30 are usually made when they are struggling to get out of an inning.

This is not news, and shouldn't really be cited as a reason to sit Bobby.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 09:29 PM)
ERA based on # of pitches is flawed stat.

Not many pitchers can have a high ERA on pitches 1-15 because, well, 15 pitches is an average inning. So for a guy who works out of the pen, pitches #16-30 are usually made when they are struggling to get out of an inning.

This is not news, and shouldn't really be cited as a reason to sit Bobby.

Yea, I know. I would use a stat based on ERA in their first inning of work, then in their second, etc., but I don't know of one like that. From my memory, Bobby hasn't done well when going out in the 8th, then having to work again in the 9th.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 01:31 AM)
Yea, I know. I would use a stat based on ERA in their first inning of work, then in their second, etc., but I don't know of one like that. From my memory, Bobby hasn't done well when going out in the 8th, then having to work again in the 9th.

Even if the stat was flawed, kudos for finding the stat. :cheers