Game Thread 8/9/06

Jake

QUOTE(Allsox @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 08:39 PM)
The Sox got every break known to man from umpires in the playoffs so blaming the umps is something Cub fans do. Abreu hit a bad changeup out, which many teams have done against Sox pitching all yr long. If I'm AJ, I'd never call another change again cuz it's never going to get to him.

Uh...no they didn't. The Sox took advantage of the breaks that were given to them. That's why there was such a big deal.

Game 3 of the World Series shouldn't even have gone to extra innings. Mike Lamb (I think), hit a ball off the wall, outside of the yellow line...it wasn't a homerun (but was called a homerun). Was there a big deal made about that? No...

The Sox won, that's why the media made it look like everything went their way. Not everything did, and if you think it did, you didn't pay much attention to the games.

Breaks are going to happen. BUT, that pitch was way too close for Jeter to look at. As a major league hitter, you HAVE TO fight that off, and if you don't, you should be rung up. That's too f***ing close.

Edited by champ

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 08:43 PM)
You make it sound like we haven't won a game in 2 weeks.

It's August 9th and we are a half game up on the wildcard, half-assed effort? You're right last night was half-assed when our team battled their asses off to come back a couple of times and finally win it in the 11th.

To those weak hearts, please get off the wagon. If you can't take the tension, DON'T!

QUOTE(champ @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 01:44 AM)
Uh...no they didn't. The Sox took advantage of the breaks that were given to them. That's why there was such a big deal.

Game 3 of the World Series shouldn't even have gone to extra innings. Mike Lamb (I think), hit a ball off the wall, outside of the yellow line...it wasn't a homerun. Was there a big deal made about that? No...

The Sox won, that's why the media made it look like everything went their way. Not everything did, and if you think it did, you didn't pay much attention to the games.

We're not complaining about the umps we got, but if you think we didn't catch a ton of breaks from them, then you're going to be complaining about umpires screwing the Sox every game.

QUOTE(Harry&JimmyRocked @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 08:43 PM)
This is the time this team needs to MAN UP, too bad they've been content since the first day of the season.

Okay we get it. With all due respect, why are you even watching the game if you're convinced the season is over?

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 08:43 PM)
You make it sound like we haven't won a game in 2 weeks.

It's August 9th and we are a half game up on the wildcard, half-assed effort? You're right last night was half-assed when our team battled their asses off to come back a couple of times and finally win it in the 11th.

please point out some fact any fact ANYTHING that points to this team going anywhere this year. gimmie something besides "they haven't hit their stride" or "detroit is gonna come back to earth" or "they won it last year" or "dont' question ozzie, he won it all last year"

QUOTE(Harry&JimmyRocked @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 09:45 PM)
please point out some fact any fact ANYTHING that points to this team going anywhere this year. gimmie something besides "they haven't hit their stride" or "detroit is gonna come back to earth" or "they won it last year" or "dont' question ozzie, he won it all last year"

They are in first place for the wild card.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 01:42 AM)
We may actually get no-hit.

If it's any consolation, if the Sox get no-hit, least it was by a Hall of Famer and not some schlub off the street.

And someone tell Hawk to shut the hell up about the umps. "Jon's really upset still about that last inning."

I hope he's mad he threw a bad pitch, not blaming someone else. :chair

QUOTE(rafacosta @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 01:44 AM)
Thome batting 3rd agst LH pitchers...makes me sick...Guillen should switch him and JD agst lefties.

We need to find a righty hitter, because the current lineup we have to put on the field against tough lefties won't cut it. If anything, you find a righty LF, and then let Ozuna play 2B some games if you want to get Iguchi out against lefties.

QUOTE(Harry&JimmyRocked @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 08:45 PM)

In case you haven't noticed, this team is 20 games over .500. That's why I have faith. They have shown us they can win games, and they can win A LOT.

So to write them off right now is just plain stupid. Do what you want.

QUOTE(champ @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 01:48 AM)
Hate to say it, but Randy Johnson just may finish his no-no. Garland is s***ting his pants now after Gorman f***ed him over.

Those damn umps. I hate when they mysteriously raise those offspeed pitches up in the zone.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 08:48 PM)
No Giambi, Sheffield, Matsui, or Damon.

Damon scored the first run...

And what the hell does that have to do with anything? That the Yankees caught the breaks and scored 3 runs last inning? Any team can do that. That's what the Tigers have lived on this year.

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 08:48 PM)
In case you haven't noticed, this team is 20 games over .500. That's why I have faith. They have shown us they can win games, and they can win A LOT.

So to write them off right now is just plain stupid. Do what you want.

all you can offer is "Faith" i guess i need proof