Game Thread 8/9/06

Jake

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 02:22 AM)
Not enough realism. Not enough really looking at this team and how is has played. Not enough recognition of the fundamental flaws in this team.

There's more than enough posts in which the negative aspects of this team are discussed. If you want more realism, then more people would stop saying the season is over.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 02:22 AM)
I actually dont know if 20 games over .500 is a typical Sox year. Usually they are hanging 5-10 games below .500, turn it on in August, and then finish 7 games back at the end of the year.

For me, prior to last year, a typical Sox year was the Sox running neck and neck with the Twins around now, but then the Twins just seem to win 6 times a week, and Santana doesn't lose a game the rest of the way.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 09:25 PM)
I thought that ball was gone. However, this is an example of how Ozzie didn't manage the top of the 7th very well. Garland should have never started that inning, and ARod should have been walked with the open base.

true. that has happened all year. how many times has this team almost comeback but the opposition scored some runs that they never should have late in the game

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 09:25 PM)
I thought that ball was gone. However, this is an example of how Ozzie didn't manage the top of the 7th very well. Garland should have never started that inning, and ARod should have been walked with the open base.

Indeed. Ozzie is making so many questionable moves in pretty much every game. But what do I know?

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 07:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

dude wasnt that a HR? i am losing what little i have left...and it isnt in my pants...so dont even go there...

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 02:25 AM)

Right on. Hope it doesn't haunt the Sox in this game.

C'mon, Joe! Rock Villone!

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 02:26 AM)
stick2.jpg.w300h200.jpg

Poorly fashioned cane, you truly are good to us. Better than we deserve. We ask that you continue to allow us to score runs. Your greatness is the force that drives us.

Milkman, i'm pretty sure you can't hotlink from Tripod. All we see is the tripod logo. No cheesy cane. Sorry :bang