Game Thread 8/9/06

Jake

QUOTE(soxyess @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 09:40 PM)
This is the second time in a week that we have had the bases loaded and no outs and failed to score a run. What a bunch of garbage. This is the very reason this team will NOT make the playoffs. Everyone trying to swing for the fence instead of just getting a hit.

:crying :crying

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

AJ and Cintron really f***ed us by swinging at balls that were out of the strike zone.

Anderson hit it hard, but it was right off the end of the bat....if he only had gotten a little more wood on it...who knows....

This is the second time in a week that we have had the bases loaded and no outs and failed to score a run. What a bunch of garbage. This is the very reason this team will NOT make the playoffs. Everyone trying to swing for the fence instead of just getting a hit.

It's happened quite a few times this year, it seems.

It's happened quite a few times this year, it seems.

QUOTE(soxyess @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 02:40 AM)

Our starting pitchers are the reason this team might not make the playoffs. I think people forget how bad our offense was last season.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 09:42 PM)
Our starting pitchers are the reason this team might not make the playoffs. I think people forget how bad our offense was last season.

remember all the analysis saying that the sox couldn't win in the playoffs because of the offense :lol:

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 02:41 AM)
Joey Cora holds people when you should send them, and sends people when they should be held. They should just do the opposite of what he says and this team would score a bunch of runs.

I think the base running errors have got these guys scared to death of making outs on the bases now.

QUOTE(Harry&JimmyRocked @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 10:40 PM)
he's getting worse and i'm starting to lean toward farmio as my game caller and longing for the eventual arrival of dave wills

doesnt dave wills do the D-Rays games? I live in orlando so I am pretty sure I have heard him calling tampa bay. he is really good

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 08:41 PM)
AJ and Cintron really f***ed us by swinging at balls that were out of the strike zone.

Anderson hit it hard, but it was right off the end of the bat....if he only had gotten a little more wood on it...who knows....

They had Villone on the ropes and AJ bails him out by swinging at crap. Cintron...what do you expect, this guy would not make half the rosters in the majors and would be the 25th man on the rest. They should both be fined for swinging at balls out of the strike zone. That's poor.

QUOTE(soxyess @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 02:44 AM)
Yea but last year we had great situational hitting

Not in the 2nd half of the season. Don't forget that it also seemed like great situational hitting early in the year because every game was low scoring. Besides our pitchers doing great, our hitters were doing awful. Every run is going to seem more clutch/crucial when the game is 1-0 or 2-1 as compared to 7-5.

QUOTE(Colorado Sox Fan @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 09:46 PM)
They had Villone on the ropes and AJ bails him out by swinging at crap. Cintron...what do you expect, this guy would not make half the rosters in the majors and would be the 25th man on the rest. They should both be fined for swinging at balls out of the strike zone. That's poor.

cintrons not that bad jeez

QUOTE(Colorado Sox Fan @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 02:46 AM)

Cintron would be on every single roster in the majors. I'd rather guys swing out of the zone than take called 3rd strikes down the plate.

Well this is what happened with the post ASB 2004 whitesox. medicore pitching, a great offense one night, then they struggled to get a hit the next night. That season signature moment was Carlos Lee striking out a few times with the bases loaded and 1 or no outs playing the twins at home. KW was so upset that he was quoted in the paper saying if he saw another person trying to hit a home run and strike out with RISP he would throw up. That was when I knew that Carlos was gone.

I think if they are really into a pitching and defense team they need to redo the fences. The close fences really makes our team have problems after the ASB. The minute the park heats up we start going for the fences. The minute late July hits, the bats get a little tired and you see a lot of warning track power and pull foul home run distance almost homers, followed by infield popups, the rollover grounder or the silly K. If we played in a large park like Detroit our team would probably try and hit more liners instead of trying to park every single pitch.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 09:48 PM)
Do we have the worst LF combo and worst CF combo in baseball?

He's been real good since the ASB.

Offensively....most likely.

Brian's defense is the only positive.....