White Sox Loser

Butter Parque

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If those numbers make Sammy Sosa a clutch hitter then i guess im wrong. Andi refuse to think of him as a clutch hitter cuz he never was. But If u watched cubs games toward the end of his career with the cubs he was absolutley brutal in the clutch. K everytime.

Also where are you getting these numbers..Off teh top of your head? You go too much off the numbers. must be a saber guy

I got them off Baseballreference.com so yeah.

If you're not going to go off stats in this situation I do not know what you're going to do. Do yourself a favor and read this whole thread, there's been quite a few clutch plays by Thome mentioned in here.

And for the record I am not a sabr guy but thanks for insinuating.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 11:31 PM)
Garland on the PFB show was talking about the humidity and the weather helping the ball carry. One question, isnt he a sinkerball pitcher. Brandon Webb can come into a game and keep the ball in the park, because he uses his turbo sinker. When you have a sinker use it. Garland gets hurt more on leaving his changeup up than any other pitch.

We are in Felix Diaz/Danny Wright/Jason Grilli/Arnie Munoz territory right now with our starting pitching. Our team is now ranked 9th in the AL in pitching. We are just ahead of Cleveland and Toronto.

Weather, QuesTec and umpires, doesn't the opposing pitcher have to overcome these "obstacles" as well? Its time for the excuses to stop, and the performances improve.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 04:29 AM)
The fact that the Twins and KW actually discussed Torii Hunter coming to the White Sox shows how far the Twins have come to pass the White Sox. I still think the Sox will finish ahead of them if Liriano is down for any length of time, but Radke has picked it up lately and Santana is still nails. This kid they just called up, Garza, I believe,is supposed to be something, hopefully he performs like Liriano did last season.

The Twins are awesome right now. Joe Nathan's the best closer in baseball, and Morneau/Mauer is just as good as any 1-2 combo in baseball now. Our best chance for the postseason might be Liriano being out for a while.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 11:31 PM)
Are you sure about that? I thought the homer made it 2-0, and we eventually won 7-1 in that game.

Damnit you're right, I mixed that up, it still turned out to be the game winner.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 11:33 PM)
Hmm yeah, on 4/22 we beat up on Radke pretty bad. He had 6 ER in 5 IP, but Thome did hit a 2 run homer.

It was 4/21, got my dates mixed up.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 12:32 AM)
Yes, and I was supporting what you said. I'm enjoying your posts lately. You're back to your overly optimistic views from last year, but we need that for the good of this site. :P

I'm not even trying to sound optimistic, I just don't think the season is over (which it isn't by the way). There are many things that the team isn't doing well right now, but everyone else is pointing that out, why should I too? :P

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 10:33 PM)
I got them off Baseballreference.com so yeah.

If you're not going to go off stats in this situation I do not know what you're going to do. Do yourself a favor and read this whole thread, there's been quite a few clutch plays by Thome mentioned in here.

And for the record I am not a sabr guy but thanks for insinuating.

The original Jab at Thome strikes me as a little of what I hear constantly out here about ARod. Always "What have you done for me lately?" and conveniently forgetting the past. How long until Konerko strikes out in a big situation and we forget the homer against Rivera last night? Just a joke.

. . . . Granted ARod stills sucks but it still reminded me of it a little . . .

QUOTE(ceffa2000 @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 11:36 PM)
The original Jab at Thome strikes me as a little of what I hear constantly out here about ARod. Always "What have you done for me lately?" and conveniently forgetting the past. How long until Konerko strikes out in a big situation and we forget the homer against Rivera last night? Just a joke.

. . . . Granted ARod stills sucks but it still reminded me of it a little . . .

Are you sure about that? He sucks? Hmm.......

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 11:36 PM)
Huh? That was 4/21. 4/22 we beat up on Radke.

It was 4/21, I have the game saved on my Tivo but it has 4/22 as the date on there so I went with that. I'm actually watching it right now, Santana was shutting the offense down until Thome popped it into the bleachers.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 11:37 PM)
It was 4/21, I have the game saved on my Tivo but it has 4/22 as the date on there so I went with that. I'm actually watching it right now, Santana was shutting the offense down until Thome popped it into the bleachers.

Ah, I wish I had TiVo. :(

sorry about that double post....but I watch every game and to me it seems Jim is good for a solo homer early in the game and thats it. I know his numbers indicate a great year but I just cant help myself from getting a sinking feeling when he comes up late in games. When I think of clutch I do not think of Jim Thome. I think of Joe Crede and Jermaine Dye. And there has to be a reason why I think these guys are and Jims not.

But i guess Im crazy if Im the only one who thinks he could come through a lot more late in games. Dont know what team im watching I guess.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 04:39 AM)
Here is the 2004 Starting rotation and their ERAs

MB 3.89 ERA

JG 4.89 ERA

FG 4.46

JC 5.30/EL 4.86

Showenweis 5.59 ERA

Kind of looks similiar to what we have now.

One guy below 4. And then the rest.

Didn't you know though that Ozzie would be 2 for 2 if Ordonez and Frank were healthy.

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 11:42 PM)
I got into it with my Yankee friend yesterday....I told him I would rather have Joe Crede on my team right now then AROD.....he went apes***....

Oh absolutely, right now I'd take Joe as well. But I don't think Crede is, or ever will be, in the same league as A-rod.