8/15 Games

danman31

Charlotte lost 5-1. Phillips 5 IP, 4 R. Box Score

Birmingham lost 3-2. Lopez 2-4 with a run. Russell 6 IP, 2 R, 7 K, 4 BB, 3 hits. Box Score

Winston-Salem won 5-1. Roberts 3-4 with HR #2 and SB #7. Ricks 2-3, 2B, BB, R. McCulloch 6 IP, 1 R, 4 K, 0 BB, 7 hits. Marshall and Hernandez combine for 3 innings of hitless relief. Box Score

Kanny lost 6-5. Gomes 2-3, 2B, 3B, RBI, 2 R, BB. Castillo 2-3, 2B, R, BB. Box Score

Great Falls lost 3-0. The Sox only had 2 hits, 0 BB, and were struck out 17 times. That's some impressive pitching. Cassel 3 IP, 0 R, 1 K, 0 BB, 4 hits in the start. Box Score

Bristol lost 14-3. Box Score

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 01:44 PM)
KMac is impressing still.

4 K, 10 GO, 3 FO

I hope we stay aggressive with him. It's not like the Met will hurt him.

Either way, you should definitely pencil him in for the Barons rotation next season. I assume they'll handle McCullough just like they did Lance Broadway.

Could be a very nice AA rotation again next season with the likes of McCullough, Russell (good to see him have a nice start tonight BTW), Whisler, Harrell and Egbert.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 10:50 PM)
Either way, you should definitely pencil him in for the Barons rotation next season. I assume they'll handle McCullough just like they did Lance Broadway.

Could be a very nice AA rotation again next season with the likes of McCullough, Russell (good to see him have a nice start tonight BTW), Whisler, Harrell and Egbert.

Leaving Liotta and Ryan Rodriguez where? Whisler is pitching well enough and old enough that he might find his way into Charlotte's rotation next year. Russell might slot into the pen if he doesn't improve, the Sox have moved a few guys into the pen at AA (LaMura is the only one I can think of now). That said, the only guy I'm expecting in Charlotte is Whisler. The Sox might leave one of Liotta or Rodriguez in Winston-Salem or move one of them to the pen the way they are going.

Also, I just noticed LaMura got the win tonight against Birmingham. He's still putting up filthy K and H/9 numbers.

On the late season promotion front Lucy is in Birmingham, I wonder if the Sox moved up all the catchers (Ricks caught yesterday in W-S) because of Stewart's injury.

Yeah unless Whisler blows up in his next few starts to end the season I think him and Broadway will both be in AAA. It will be nice to finally have some SP prospects in AAA that actually might have a future on the team.(Not counting B-Mac since he was up/down the entire season last year)

QUOTE(danman31 @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 01:23 AM)
Leaving Liotta and Ryan Rodriguez where? Whisler is pitching well enough and old enough that he might find his way into Charlotte's rotation next year. Russell might slot into the pen if he doesn't improve, the Sox have moved a few guys into the pen at AA (LaMura is the only one I can think of now). That said, the only guy I'm expecting in Charlotte is Whisler. The Sox might leave one of Liotta or Rodriguez in Winston-Salem or move one of them to the pen the way they are going.

Also, I just noticed LaMura got the win tonight against Birmingham. He's still putting up filthy K and H/9 numbers.

On the late season promotion front Lucy is in Birmingham, I wonder if the Sox moved up all the catchers (Ricks caught yesterday in W-S) because of Stewart's injury.

Lucy deserves to be in Birmingham!!!!!!! he works with the pitchers constantly and consistantly, was sad to see him go, but i am happy for him...

Liotta is still having a hard time....Rodriguez had 3 good outings and then the last on the 14th wasnt up to par......