Official Game Thread 8/16 - KC vs Sox 7:05

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 17, 2006 -> 12:52 AM)
Ha, has Coop finally lost his perfect reputation or something? If the pitching is a barometer of how good he is as a coach, then he deserves a whole lot of blame this year. Every single returning pitcher is worse this year.

This is the same guy that said as long as we're winning, you shouldn't be concerned about the starting pitcher.

I'm excited to see how much more damage the Royals can do. The Sox must have done something to light a fire under these guys during the beating they handed them on monday. I'm gonna guess AJ said something and now the Royals are FIRED up. Maybe they have all that bulletin board material with all the newspapers calling them a AA team. I wonder why they are not only not laying down for the Sox, but bashing their brains in. It really is a mystery.

QUOTE(POPPY_HIDALGO @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 05:54 PM)
I'm excited to see how much more damage the Royals can do. The Sox must have done something to light a fire under these guys during the beating they handed them on monday. I'm gonna guess AJ said something and now the Royals are FIRED up. Maybe they have all that bulletin board material with all the newspapers calling them a AA team. I wonder why they are not only not laying down for the Sox, but bashing their brains in. It really is a mystery.

Our starting pitching is mediocre, thats all the material you need

Edited by CYGarland

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 17, 2006 -> 12:58 AM)
Our starting pitching is medicore, thats all the material you need

Did anyone read the Bill Simmons AL review today about our starting pitchers? It summed it up perfectly...these guys are underachievers.

Taking the Royals lightly honestly may be the Hunter-Burke event of this year. We have our future in our own hands. All we have to do is beat the Royals and put ourselves further out of reach for the WC.

Why do we think it's fine to not show up against these scrub teams? These are the teams that are preventing us from being 1st in our division or running away with the WC, not the other contenders.

Really, can anyone else think of a regular, full-time major league player in MLB who is worse than Pods?

He can't hit for average

He can't hit for power

He doesn't get on base very often

He plays poor defense

He has a rag arm

He's not even a good base stealer anymore

A 0-tool loser.