Arrest in the Jon Benet Ramsey Murder?

kapkomet

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Report: Arrest Made In JonBenet Ramsey Case

A Denver television station reported Wednesday that an arrest has been made in

the unsolved 1996 slaying of JonBenet Ramsey.

MORE DETAILS: http://www.nbc5.com/tu/5ibO0CxVE.html

DENVER -- A Denver television station reported Wednesday that an arrest has been made in the unsolved 1996 slaying of JonBenet Ramsey.

Authorities in Boulder, Colo., informed JonBenet Ramsey's father, John Ramsey, that an arrest is expected outside of the United States, according to KMGH-TV in Denver.

In a telephone statement delivered from his Denver office to KMGH-TV, the Ramsey family's attorney, Hal Haddon, confirmed the arrest.

"The diligent investigation of Jon Benet Ramsey's murder by Boulder D.A. Lacey and detectives working with her has been extraordinary," Haddon told the station. "It is hoped this arrest will bring some closure to the Ramsey family after a 10-year ordeal. We respect the legal process and will have no further comment until the legal process is concluded."

Ramsey was found dead in the basement of her parents' Boulder home on Dec. 26, 1996. Her death has remained unsolved for almost 10 years.

No other details in the case were immediately available.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 03:42 PM)
The mother passed away earlier this year didn't she?? I'm shocked somebody was arrested and it wasn't the father.

Maybe if you read the case facts you wouldn't be so shocked.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 03:55 PM)
Maybe if you read the case facts you wouldn't be so shocked.

Haven't done that on this case unfortunately, thus all I know is what I've heard through the media. Obviously trusting them would be a mistake, however you'd swear there was everything but a smoking gun to prove the parents did it based on the way they've talked over the years.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 04:05 PM)
Haven't done that on this case unfortunately, thus all I know is what I've heard through the media. Obviously trusting them would be a mistake, however you'd swear there was everything but a smoking gun to prove the parents did it based on the way they've talked over the years.

Parent, maybe. :ph34r:

The Boulder PD screwed the pooch on the initial response and investigation so badly that no one will every be convicted.

Also, while it is not what would be characterized as real evidence, I was pretty sure what happened when I saw their 60 minutes interview. Here is the scene...

The interviewer asks the mother a question: "Do you believe the person who did this should get the death penalty?" Her answer? She paused a few seconds, then broke down into tears.

One of them did it. I'd stake my reputation on it.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 04:09 PM)
Honestly, I did suspect the dad in this case, but I do not know if what I have read is accurate or not.

Really..? Everything I read - being a court tv junkie back then - pointed directly to mama I thought.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 04:12 PM)
Really..? Everything I read - being a court tv junkie back then - pointed directly to mama I thought.

The note sure as heck did.

But mothers killing non-infant daughters, especially in violent close quarters like that, is very, very unusual.

She also may have done it by proxy.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 04:13 PM)
The note sure as heck did.

But mothers killing non-infant daughters, especially in violent close quarters like that, is very, very unusual.

She also may have done it by proxy.

I think she did it because of plain old fashioned jealousy.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 04:16 PM)
I think she did it because of plain old fashioned jealousy.

I'd agree, if she did it, that's why.

When I say by proxy, I meant that she had someone else do the dirty work for her. That would explain the note in writing like hers, her weird behavior on police arrival, the disappearance of police equipment when only she and they were there, etc.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 04:24 PM)
They are reporting the suspect is a 41-year-old second-grade teacher.

And supposedly knew facts never released to the public. There aren't too many of those left so it must be something big, if true. Wonder if it's a relative...

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 04:26 PM)
And right now, savvy journalists are seaching for elementary school teachers who were teaching in Boulder in 1996 who were 31 or so at the time.

Yep. Someone's life will be ruined by association before the 5pm pacific time.. sigh...

Wow, this is quite amuzing, simply for the fact that I live 2 blocks away from the house (House is on 15th I live on 14th) and this is the first I have herd of it today. Granted I have been at work all day. Oh and by the way.....its still for sale PLUS the address has been changed so it doesnt match with the 911 call, how clever

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 08:42 PM)
The mother passed away earlier this year didn't she?? I'm shocked somebody was arrested and it wasn't the father.

The day her mom passed away you should have seen it here in Boulder. It was the weirdest weather I have ever been apart of. A gigantic hail storm passed through bout a half hour straight of golf ball sized hail. After it was all done with there was about 2 1/2 inches of slush on the ground it looked like snow in June. Me and some buddies talked of the notion that it was an act of God on the day of her passing.