Hey, Freddy! Suck my rooster!

Gene Honda Civic

http://blogs.dailysouthtown.com/whalen/200...ouse_drama.html

“I tried to stay in the game, keep it close,” Garcia said. “If we don’t really hit too much, where are we going to be?”

Can I get a giant STFU!?

Freddy, you're complaining about the best offense in baseball.

You have one win in your last 13 starts against AL opponents. STFU! already.

Maybe he'll clear waivers and we can get rid of his ass before the Waiver-deadline.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a dumbs***.

He gave the lead back every time the offense gave it to him.

I didn't hear his post game press conference or see any quotes but I would also bet Ozzie said Freddy pitched well.

Freddy is s***, he pitches like s***, he losses. He gets pissed about defense, blames the offense and what not and then Ozzie backs him.

The sooner Freddy is off the team, the better. If he had a different manager than his family member, he'd either be on the DL or traded by now.

If you look at Freddy's start tonight, he gave up a run in the situations you don't want to. In the first inning, when your team gets the lead, and when your team fights back to tie the game.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(brijames @ Aug 18, 2006 -> 11:42 PM)
Whats the comment about AJ and Sandy Alomar Jr having a confrontation in the clubhouse referring to?

Great....if this happened we're f***ed. This team is coming apart, not coming together....

QUOTE(rangercal @ Aug 19, 2006 -> 05:47 AM)
Off topic: Can someine explain how I can find out how many runs freddy gave up in our game four world series victory? I can't find any reference. Please help.

Sincerely,

A friend in need.

What in the hell does this have to do with the "new and improved" Freddy Garcia? Since the very first inning of his first start of the season, he was a completely different pitcher than he was previously in his career. Not only has his stuff gotten significantly worse, but he's been showing some of the character issues that people were concerned about when he was in Seattle. Maybe it's time he realizes that going 6 innings, 4 earned runs every game isn't good.

How many runs did Cliff Politte allow in the postseason? That was 2005....that doesn't mean s*** in 2006.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Aug 19, 2006 -> 12:42 AM)
Great....if this happened we're f***ed. This team is coming apart, not coming together....

From the article on the sox web site it says that Sandy's words were put out of context. He said something like he was going to punch AJ's lights out when AJ told Sandy that earlier as a joke and the reporter ofcourse made a big deal from it.

Here it is:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...sp&c_id=cws

Ozzie wouldn't let anything like this happen if they were serious.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Aug 19, 2006 -> 05:52 AM)
yeah, especially when the year's not over and we haven't even started the playoffs yet. How coud we judge Freddy's stretch run, when we haven't witnessed it yet? All his critics are ignorent on the subject.

HE'S A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PITCHER!!!!!! When Hawk Harrelson starts criticizing a White Sox player approach, something is definitely wrong. Maybe his birth certificate is wrong and he's really close to 40 instead of 30.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 19, 2006 -> 12:49 AM)
What in the hell does this have to do with the "new and improved" Freddy Garcia? Since the very first inning of his first start of the season, he was a completely different pitcher than he was previously in his career. Not only has his stuff gotten significantly worse, but he's been showing some of the character issues that people were concerned about when he was in Seattle. Maybe it's time he realizes that going 6 innings, 4 earned runs every game isn't good.

How many runs did Cliff Politte allow in the postseason? That was 2005....that doesn't mean s*** in 2006.

6 inning with 4 earned runs every game is a lot better than what Vazquez can do. Not that I am defending Freddy, but he isn't going anywhere right now so were going to have to deal with him.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 19, 2006 -> 12:54 AM)
HE'S A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PITCHER!!!!!! When Hawk Harrelson starts criticizing a White Sox player approach, something is definitely wrong. Maybe his birth certificate is wrong and he's really close to 40 instead of 30.

yeah, that's it... Freddy is 38 years old.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Aug 19, 2006 -> 01:54 AM)
yeah, especially when the year's not over and we haven't even started the playoffs yet. How coud we judge Freddy's stretch run, when we haven't witnessed it yet? All his critics are ignorent on the subject.

I have a hidden confidence in Freddy. BTW, how did your date go tonight? ( that's right, no date, you spend wayyy too much time on soxtalk. )

Maybe they are saying that because if you can't get good pitching from him, you may not make the playoffs?

QUOTE(rangercal @ Aug 19, 2006 -> 12:54 AM)

First off, misspelling ignorant is fishing hilarious.

Second, Freddy had an ERA of 3.65 on this date last year. He had allowed exactly 1H/inning, while pitching 15 more innings than he has to date, and allowing 7 fewer HRs and 16 fewer earned runs.

Every time '06 Freddy pitches and passes the buck to his teammates the season draws another 'L' closer to ending without a post-season trip.

QUOTE(Bonderman38 @ Aug 19, 2006 -> 06:17 AM)
Look, let's put it this way. I am in no way a troll, I do not hate the White Sox, and there is not a rule on this site prohibiting other fans to join in on the conversation.

Let me ask you this: are Tigers fans annoyed with Granderson's strike out issues?

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 19, 2006 -> 02:18 AM)
Let me ask you this: are Tigers fans annoyed with Granderson's strike out issues?

Yes, it is very irritating. But we know that it is probably just part of his growth process. Once he can recognize the soft stuff away, he will be alright.

Edited by Bonderman38

More Freddy goodness:

Since the beginning of May, Freddy has started 20 games and walked one or none in 13 of them. He’s only walked more than two batters on two different occasions. Yet in spite of that stretch of control, his record is 7-8, with a 4.67 ERA.

With Hunter’s blast, Freddy has now given up more homers (23) than walks (22) since May 1.

Overall, he gave up 10 hits in six innings tonight, making it 156 in 133 since May. Radke only gave up 214 in 200 innings of work last year. Garcia’s also given up 30 stolen bases in 31 attempts this year; Radke’s allowed 24 stolen bases since 2004.

QUOTE(Bonderman38 @ Aug 19, 2006 -> 06:20 AM)
Yes, it is very irritating. But we know that it is probably just part of his growth process. Once he can recognize the soft stuff away, he will be alright.

He's always had difficulties with the offspeed stuff away....trust me :P

Well, I'm glad management felt it necessary to hold onto Garcia. If it were my decision, he would have been delt before the trading deadline. These character issues coupled with a noticeable decline in numbles (with obviously correlate with decline in stuff) will make his value nearly nonexistent entering this upcoming offseason. Terrible decision, IMO, not to deal him.

Did anyone honestly expect him to post respectable 2nd half numbers and improve upon his stats? It just saddens me how we failed to unload any of our starters following last years performances, and now, ALL have had their value diminish. Now, Buehlre or Contreras wouldn't have been candidates to trade, but certaintly Garland and Garcia could have netted our ballclub quite the package.