White Sox vs Twins 1:10 pm CSN

WSoxMatt

QUOTE(soxyess @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 08:00 PM)
Do we have anyone at AAA that can take his place in the rotation. Send this p**ck to the minors!!!

not sure we have any pitching left in the minors to call up as a starter. I wouldn't mind seeing Vazquez and Garcia gone next season in excahnge for solid relief pitching and then move McCarthy and Cotts into the starting pitching roles. Maybe even a free agent pick up could happen.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone here sounds surprised that the Sox are gettin' their butts handed to them. Santana owns the Sox, first of all. Second, "Half-game" Vasquez has been his usual 5 run per outing pitcher. Like I said, it will be a moral victory if we get 3 runs off this mote.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 01:03 PM)
The pitching and defnese this year has been far from stellar. KW definitely needs to shore up these problems in the offseason. We need a new LF, backup C, Possible SS, and a top flight starter.

And sign Crede.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 08:05 PM)
What the hell has Cotts shown you to make you want him in the rotation. His decent fastball, or his decent fastball?

I personally think we should try and trade Cotts this offseason, and get a lot of value back for him.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 08:05 PM)
What the hell has Cotts shown you to make you want him in the rotation. His decent fastball, or his decent fastball?

I think Cotts with a 93 fastball and getting the chance to work from the beginning of the game rather than at the end with runners on might be a better result. He was thought of as a starter originally anyway.

QUOTE(cgaudin @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 01:04 PM)
Everyone here sounds surprised that the Sox are gettin' their butts handed to them. Santana owns the Sox, first of all. Second, "Half-game" Vasquez has been his usual 5 run per outing pitcher. Like I said, it will be a moral victory if we get 3 runs off this mote.

Santana has been hittable today, but our offense just sucks right now. And our D this game has sucked as well. Not to mention that Javy has made some bad pitches at the wrong time........Piss poor performanc today all around i would say

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 08:07 PM)
Santana has been hittable today, but our offense just sucks right now. And our D this game has sucked as well. Not to mention that Javy has made some bad pitches at the wrong time........Piss poor performanc today all around i would say

Our offense is really slumping these days. I don't want to think how bad it would have been over the past few weeks if it wasn't for some big time errors by the opposition. There's still some time before the waiver wire deadline KW!

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 01:07 PM)
Texas only needs to get through 1 more inning in Detroit..and their lead would remain at 5.5 .... like our game 1 matchup tomorrow (jose v. a very gased Verlander)

I like our chances against Detroit in this series. Seems like the Twins are the Team we need to worry more about right now.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 04:07 PM)

It looks like this team stopped caring. Maybe they are looking ahead to the next series, but they don't look like this matters.

We now trail Santana 5-1. I don't have any faith in these hitters to figure out a decent approach to hit this guy. Yes, Santana owns us as has been stated before, but it's the approach to hitting with a guy like him that makes the difference.

QUOTE(PA32R @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 04:08 PM)
That was an encouraging inning.

LOL...I'm a huge fan of sarcasm. I was over this game after that 4-run meltdown and started looking in over in the Detroit game.

All we can do after the cinders of another Vazquez blowup cool off is to look ahead to the next game and try to get positive for that. I like our matchup in Detroit this week...

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 02:09 PM)
We have Vazquez going one night, and Santana going the next game. We're in a massive hole to start the series already.

Everytime Javy starts we're already in a hole.....Johan just makes the hole a helluva a lot deeper.

I love being depressed every 5th day... :cheers

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 01:09 PM)
God dammit. This is why we HAD to win game 1.

We really are fortunate that we didn't get swept this series...

Game 1 was the swing game IMO, but Garcia "Mr Big game Pitcher" didnt show up, and our offense let Boof off the hook.

I'm just praying our offense can get SOMETHING going in the next 3 innings.

But according to Freddy, Javy "kept us in the game, the offense has to score runs"

:ph34r:

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 02:12 PM)
Does anyone know how many series the Twins have won in their last 20 series or so?

The only one that stands out in my mind that they didnt win was against Detroit.....

Where the f*** is the rally crede?