Frank, Joe and Joe...

forkit

It's already been a trying season for Sox fans but these three guys have really gotten a lot of bad fan verbage and I don't know why.

Frank: He was getting on base from the beginning of the season. The RBIs have been slow to come, but that is because those around him haven't been getting on base for him. Obviously his swing is getting sweet now, so perhaps folks will start to be Big Frank fans again...He's the best White Sox hitter in history and one of the best right handed hitters of all time.

Joe Crede: He's got a tremendous arm and his defense has been the best on this team. He's young and has nothing but upside. His bat got off to a slow start [except for the first few weeks] but he has had tremendous success at all levels as a hitter--He'll hit here and hit for both power and average. This is really his rookie year. People that remember Robin's rookie year know how awful it was. Joe Crede will be a great third baseman for the White Sox for many years. I hope fans will be a little patient. He's young and will have fits and starts for a year or two. Don't blame rookies for this team's awful play.

Joe Borchard: Lately, fans have been pissing on this guy like he was an All-Star that came here and failed! He's really raw. He's gonna take time. he didn't play a full year of organized baseball until the minors with the the Sox--before that, the majority of his time was spent on football, where his physical skills were obvious. This guy will fulfill his potential but hell either have to work his way to baseball skills in the minors or do it on the big club, in front of the fans. Again, those fans old enough to remember Mantle in his rookie year, for example, will know how raw a young player can look before he blossoms. But give this guy some extra time, folks. He's probably got less baseball experience than the college first rounder we drafted this year.

I hope people can keep perspective about the young guys learning their skills that may struggle even if the team was "hot--and stay enthusiastic about them, instead of lumping them in with the mid-career or end of career folks that are flat out underperforming.

As far as Frank...he has had a very tough past three or so years on a personal basis. He's literally lost the folks around him that he was close to. I think he's had problems finding himself. But I don't think he's done playing great ball. I hope he play his next three or four years here, finishing his career in a Sox uniform before he heads to the Hall.

Anyway, that' my two cents.

Forkit

It's already been a trying season for Sox fans but these three guys have really gotten a lot of bad fan verbage and I don't know why.

Frank: He was getting on base from the beginning of the season. The RBIs have been slow to come, but that is because those around him haven't been getting on base for him. Obviously his swing is getting sweet now, so perhaps folks will start to be Big Frank fans again...He's the best White Sox hitter in history and one of the best right handed hitters of all time.

Joe Crede: He's got a tremendous arm and his defense has been the best on this team. He's young and has nothing but upside. His bat got off to a slow start [except for the first few weeks] but he has had tremendous success at all levels as a hitter--He'll hit here and hit for both power and average. This is really his rookie year. People that remember Robin's rookie year know how awful it was. Joe Crede will be a great third baseman for the White Sox for many years. I hope fans will be a little patient. He's young and will have fits and starts for a year or two. Don't blame rookies for this team's awful play.

Joe Borchard: Lately, fans have been pissing on this guy like he was an All-Star that came here and failed! He's really raw. He's gonna take time. he didn't play a full year of organized baseball until the minors with the the Sox--before that, the majority of his time was spent on football, where his physical skills were obvious. This guy will fulfill his potential but hell either have to work his way to baseball skills in the minors or do it on the big club, in front of the fans. Again, those fans old enough to remember Mantle in his rookie year, for example, will know how raw a young player can look before he blossoms. But give this guy some extra time, folks. He's probably got less baseball experience than the college first rounder we drafted this year.

I hope people can keep perspective about the young guys learning their skills that may struggle even if the team was "hot--and stay enthusiastic about them, instead of lumping them in with the mid-career or end of career folks that are flat out underperforming.

As far as Frank...he has had a very tough past three or so years on a personal basis.  He's literally lost the folks around him that he was close to. I think he's had problems finding himself. But I don't think he's done playing great ball. I hope he play his next three or four years here, finishing his career in a Sox uniform before he heads to the Hall.

Forkit

I agree 100% good post

I agree about 97% with forkit's post.

Frank had Jimenez on base for him A LOT in the early part of the season - he just wasn't getting the hits.

It's nice to see Frank hitting like he can again - and even nicer is the fact that he is playing a VERY acceptable first base right now!

Crede will be fine in time - people might not be so down on him if the "big guns" had been delivering early on.

With Borchard I'm more hopeful than optimistic - he has all the tools, but some guys just don't put it all together. We shall see...

I am proud to say that Ive always stuck with him and Im one of his biggest fans! :headbang

What about the rest of the team? :rolleyes: You once said you'd never turn on KW..... you did. You once said you'd never be a fan of Crede..... then you were. It's only a matter of time before SoxTalk's resident windsock changes his mind on Big Frank too.

Because I only view the rest of the team as the people who help to make Frank a winner. He has no championships so so far they have failed. I only like the other players (except maybe Colon, hes pretty cool) because they wear the silver and black. But Ill always like Frank, no matter where he goes. I just hope he stays with us...

So it's the other players fault that Frank generally blows in the playoffs..... when this team makes it to the playoffs.....  every 6-10 years?

wasnt it frank that was one of the few that showed up in 2000? i thought he had a pretty good postseason. maybe not.

Roman, you deserve credit for sticking with Frank last year and the start of this year when he looked utterly hopeless at the plate.

Why won't you stick with Mark B. the same way?

Thanks greg, and good question you have. I hope this will serve as a good answer. Frank made me a Sox fan, Mark did not. When Mark leaves, I wont hate him anymore but I wont care and Ill sure hope he never comes back. When Frank leaves, Ill no doubt still support him. And Frank has shown that he wants to be here. Mark has not.

Really, what I said about everyone else just being Franks helpers, that was wrong. But my whole motto about this is, I like everyone else because they wear the silver and black. Im colorblind to Frank tho. No matter what colors he wears, I will always support him...

Thanks greg, and good question you have. I hope this will serve as a good answer. Frank made me a Sox fan, Mark did not. When Mark leaves, I wont hate him anymore but I wont care and Ill sure hope he never comes back. When Frank leaves, Ill no doubt still support him. And Frank has shown that he wants to be here. Mark has not.

Really, what I said about everyone else just being Franks helpers, that was wrong. But my whole motto about this is, I like everyone else because they wear the silver and black. Im colorblind to Frank tho. No matter what colors he wears, I will always support him...

you just GOT to be chisox361 on the troll board.

so what you're saying is ... you're a frank thomas fan and you're NOT a white sox fan ... right?

frank thomas goes .... you go.

then why should anyone give a damn about your opinions?

you just GOT to be chisox361 on the troll board.

so what you're saying is ... you're a frank thomas fan and you're NOT a white sox fan ... right?

frank thomas goes .... you go.

then why should anyone give a damn about your opinions?

Close idseer. I was a good friend of 361s and you didnt like me much. Go scan the offtopic board to find out who I am but read the posts before you rip me to shreds, which I know youll do if you dont read em.

Im a fan of the Sox and a fan of Frank. I like the others cuz theyre Sox but I always will like Frank. Frank made me a Sox fan and so Ill always support him...

Close idseer. I was a good friend of 361s and you didnt like me much. Go scan the offtopic board to find out who I am but read the posts before you rip me to shreds, which I know youll do if you dont read em.

Im a fan of the Sox and a fan of Frank. I like the others cuz theyre Sox but I always will like Frank. Frank made me a Sox fan and so Ill always support him...

i know who you are now. the dope who got booted for anti-semitic remarks.

in any event you speak out of both sides of your mouth. you've already made it clear you've given up and you wish nothing but failure for mb.

as for ripping you to shreds ... lol. i've seen you ripped to shreds many times. it's doesn't seem to affect you. or should i say ... you never seem to learn anything. so why bother?

let's just leave it at .... you're an idiot, and let it go at that.

He is Spaniard/outcatsradio...while you were IDseer on ESPN boards, correct?

Outcastradio? Heck no. He was an Indians fan. And I hated that piece of maggot crap.

And idseer, I apologized for what I said. Didnt you read the thread? Dont bring that back up please...

And idseer, I apologized for what I said. Didnt you read the thread? Dont bring that back up please...

IDseer was my best buddy; this bigoted, moniker-thieving pretender cares not for your apology however heartfelt.

He likes Boog_Alou95 for crying out loud!

As far as Frank...he has had a very tough past three or so years on a personal basis.  He's literally lost the folks around him that he was close to. I think he's had problems finding himself. But I don't think he's done playing great ball. I hope he play his next three or four years here, finishing his career in a Sox uniform before he heads to the Hall.

Forkit

That was one hell of a first post. Agreed 100%.

Welcome aboard!

Many people seem to be siding with Frank. Or atleast now that hes hot his bashers are on the run. I am proud to say that Ive always stuck with him and Im one of his biggest fans! :headbang

I have a Frank Thomas prediction here. He'll go back to hitting at his .250 clip now that he will be facing A.L. pitching again. I know we have the series coming up against the Cubs... include those if you wish, because the are fairly familiar with Frank by now.

I have a Frank Thomas prediction here. He'll go back to hitting at his .250 clip now that he will be facing A.L. pitching again. I know we have the series coming up against the Cubs... include those if you wish, because the are fairly familiar with Frank by now.

I have my own prediction: Frank is heading to a year with BA of over .300, over 100 walks, over 30 HRs...Can he get to 100 RBIs? That would make his 8th season with those stats, something no other player has done more than four times, I believe. I think he's hot now and back in the saddle. I hope he remains the [mostly] everyday first baseman.

Forkit

He is Spaniard/outcatsradio...while you were IDseer on ESPN boards, correct?

Outcastradio? Heck no. He was an Indians fan. And I hated that piece of maggot crap.

Whats all this now?

??????

story please.

Forkit

I will agree with this post all the way --