Bob Dylan likes Ozzie

BainesHOF

No lie.

There's a footnote in the great Bob Dylan interview in the current "Rolling Stone." It's a short riff on baseball, which Bob clearly likes as evidenced from his 1975 song "Catfish" about Catfish Hunter to his recent satellite "Theme Time Radio Hour" show on baseball and his tours the last two summers of minor league parks.

Here is Bob's quote when asked who his favorite team is:

"The problem with baseball teams is all the players get traded, and what your favorite team used to be - a couple of guys you really liked on the team, they're not on the team now - and you can't possibly make that team your favorite team. It's like your favortie uniform. I mean...yeah...I like Detroit. Though I like Ozzie (Guillen) as a manager. And I don't know how anybody can't like Derek (Jeter). I'd rather have him on my team than anybody."

For anyone who would like to hear the baseball episode of his radio show, here's the link to his program's archives (It's episode No. 4. Click on that, and then you'll find a little download link for the show toward the bottom of the page):

http://www.whitemanstew.com/2006/05/...ime-radio-hour

QUOTE(BainesHOF @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 02:37 AM)
"The problem with baseball teams is all the players get traded, and what your favorite team used to be - a couple of guys you really liked on the team, they're not on the team now - and you can't possibly make that team your favorite team. It's like your favortie uniform. I mean...yeah...I like Detroit. Though I like Ozzie (Guillen) as a manager. And I don't know how anybody can't like Derek (Jeter). I'd rather have him on my team than anybody."

http://www.whitemanstew.com/2006/05/...ime-radio-hour

Somewhere on a Tigers Fan Board, someone is saying "Dylan loves the Tigers"

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 09:25 AM)
Well, yeah, but he's going by players. Do you know anyone more huggable than Brandon Inge?

I stand corrected.

QUOTE(MSHAWKS @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 11:51 AM)
While Dylan might like him, I also read that Mick Jagger feels Ozzie misuses his bullpen and that Art Garfunkel doesn't like it when he starts Mackowiak in center.

:lolhitting

QUOTE(RX Bandits @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 07:47 PM)
ahh the same article that dylan said "nothing good has been released in the last 20 years."

sorry Bob, you're washed up.

his new album is really good IMO...

may not be relevant to todays music, but its an interesting look at the world today and musically sound. I loved it in fact. I love the album.