GAME THREAD: Devil Rays @ Sox, 7:05pm

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hawk should have been a radio announcer...he loves to hear himself talk.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 07:34 PM)
I saw Kevin Witt play in the minors this year, and he looked mighty good. He almost hit 40 homers this year.

Where did he play in the minors that you saw him?

Interesting initiation by Garcia. If we were smart, we'd do a pitch-out on the first pitch.

QUOTE(BFirebird @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 12:35 AM)
Hawk should have been a radio announcer...he loves to hear himself talk.

Where did he play in the minors that you saw him?

Durham

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 12:38 AM)
Way to have some balls Freddy.

Just joining the thread, which do you think is funnier..Young missing the easy rob of JDs homer or getting plunked in his first AB?

Definitely forgetting to jump on a pretty routine play at the wall.

QUOTE(Bonderman38 @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 12:23 AM)
Can anyone with Extra Innings help me out? For this game it says TEAM 1, and I have absolutely no idea what that is.

Yeah dude, same situation here. I swear I've seen Team 1 before but it's not listed tonight. I think I'll look through the million channels one more time before I officially give up.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 08:40 PM)
Did Garcia plunk him on purpose? It was on the first pitch and I can't watch the game at this time so I'm curious.

Let's say it was suspicious. But it was on his arm and he probably could have moved.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 07:41 PM)
It seemed pretty obvious.

So then the question is why in the world are we hitting a guy who has done nothing against us other than possibly give us 3 free runs?

EDIT: Not disagreeing with you fathom, just trying to understand what we're doing in that situation.

Edited by Frankensteiner

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 08:42 PM)
So then the question is why in the world are we hitting a guy who has done nothing against us other than possibly give us 3 free runs?

Umpire incident.

Right here is where I'd like to see Anderson be a tough out on the changeup on 3-2.

QUOTE(G&T @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 12:42 AM)
Umpire incident.

I'm not really sure why we decided to do something about it though. Oh well, it didn't cost us any runs.

Fossum is getting nothing on the inside corner, I don't know if Freddie is either but it's apparent that Fossum wants that call.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 08:45 PM)
Right here is where I'd like to see Anderson be a tough out on the changeup on 3-2.

I'm not really sure why we decided to do something about it though. Oh well, it didn't cost us any runs.

I think it's just that he's a rookie who thinks he's better than everyone. He's made comments about being in the minors while the D-Ray aren't good, etc. I think he's just a jag.

QUOTE(G&T @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 05:47 PM)
I think it's just that he's a rookie who thinks he's better than everyone. He's made comments about being in the minors while the D-Ray aren't good, etc. I think he's just a jag.

Besides, Freddy Garcia threw the pitch, so it couldn't have hurt that much.