GAME THREAD: Devil Rays @ Sox, 7:05pm

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(stretchstretch @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 02:13 PM)
These are the games where the Sox scare me.......when on paper everything points to blowout in our favor

1) their starter is 0-6 in his last 8 starts

2) our ace is on the mound going 11-1 with a 2.97 ERA over that period

3) they're the worst road team in baseball, currently on an 11 game losing streak

4) we're getting a slugger back and Dye remains in the three hole where is AL player of the week

5) DET is down two with two at bats left and we have a chance to gain more ground on them

There's not a single category on paper that says we could possibly lose, except these are the games where our guys typically lay down........................will be interesting...........

And here we go.................

QUOTE(G&T @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 12:21 AM)
Not a good way to start when you could barely hold a 7 run lead last night.

The momentum the Tampa offense had last night looks like it's leading right into tonight. Their hitters look way too comfortable at the plate.

SWING THE BAT!

The Tigers have pulled a guy out of their pen who is dealing a gem in Yankee stadium and our "ace" can't get through 1 inning without getting shelled.

It seems we can't get any kind of good pitching run going...Garland is the one guy I trust the most and Buehrle is coming on a bit...the other 3 have just been terrible lately...

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 07:33 PM)
I think we'll get 4, but can we hold them the rest of the way?

considering pen woes of the drays, and how much they used their pen last night, and that corcoran threw 24 pitches in the first, i think we can get more than 4