Sox Lose Series to KC 9/3/06

Texsox

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 04:00 PM)
He has no idea how to manage these players. His inability to put guys like Garcia, Vazquez, Mackowiak, Thome, Anderson, and Gload in the best position to succeed is sickening.

How many times will Mackowiak have to say "I suck in CF" before Ozzie gives up on that experiment? I'm sure he'll be out there again at Fenway.

BTW...I'd rather have any other manager in baseball right now. These guys have quit on Ozzie, and Ozzie shows absolutely no reason to believe he'll "get it". Why couldn't you have done as promised Ozzie, and quit after we won the WS??? This way, we could have enjoyed Chris Young in LF for the next 10 years.

While Ozzie is not a great manager, I would like to make a list of players I would like to see wearing different uniforms next year.

1) Pods

2) Freddy Garcia

3) Juan Uribe

4) Neil Cotts

5) Javy Vazquez

*** Joey Cora would be #3 except he does not count as a player.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 09:02 PM)
How many times will Mackowiak have to say "I suck in CF" before Ozzie gives up on that experiment? I'm sure he'll be out there again at Fenway.

Mackowiak's quotes in the paper seem like a plea to me. Don't forget, Mackowiak is a Sox fan, and I'm sure he knows he's killing the team out there.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 09:02 PM)
There should be an option C: Kenny sat on his hands when it was pretty evident this team wasn't really that good.

Well, Ozzie and PK and Thome and Dye told him that no upgrades were necessary.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 04:02 PM)
While Ozzie is not a great manager, I would like to make a list of players I would like to see wearing different uniforms next year.

1) Pods

2) Freddy Garcia

3) Juan Uribe

4) Neil Cotts

5) Javy Vazquez

*** Joey Cora would be #3 except he does not count as a player.

I'd hold on to Neal because of his 2005 season, age and salary.

Ozzie needs a new magic 8 ball. The one he has been using is broken.

He turns a 1 run game into a blow out by making dumb moves.

First dumb move, lets have Freddy start the 8th. He threw 104 pitches, and we know he is not that good this year. So he gives up the double. Then of course mr. dumball pulls him.

Then lets use Neal Cotts. With a man on 2nd in a close game you dont turn to your worst reliever out of the pen. but he does, he is a contact pitcher and has a mid 6 ERA since the allstar break and a 2 and a half WHIP since the ASB.

Then after that, he goes to his next contact pitcher. Bmac. This with 3 guys who throw upper 90s and can strikeout people. This with a new lefty in the bullpen who just showed he can strike out lefties with mid 90s stuff and a funky delivery.

Then for some reason Uribe is positioned at the edge of the grass, instead of at double play depth. The bench calls the defensive positioning.

So we lost today because Ozzie wanted to get his relative the win, instead of the team and got burned because of it. He should be fired at the conclusion of this season. He has no clue how to manage. I would say that we are seeing why Pena was driven out of KC after taking them to the 2003 sucessful season. Crazy ass decisions and dumb baseball.

QUOTE(cgaudin @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 04:04 PM)
Lots of you folks out there should slow your McCarthy kool-aid consumption. He wasn't that impressive out there. Overall, this can't be put on Freddy. He pitched good enough to win. Sox just couldn't wake up the bats today.

Brandon McCarthy is a better pitcher than Freddy Garcia.