AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

greasywheels121

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 01:55 PM)
Twins throwing some real dogs in this Tigers series, so my money's on Det taking 2 of 3.

It's a 4 game set. Also, Garza has the ability to shut down the Tigers offense especially with the way they've been playing of late, Boof Bonser has been outstanding since being recalled from AAA on August 9th and Johan Santana is the best pitcher in the game. I wouldn't exactly call them dogs.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 02:05 PM)
It's a 4 game set. Also, Garza has the ability to shut down the Tigers offense especially with the way they've been playing of late, Boof Bonser has been outstanding since being recalled from AAA on August 9th and Johan Santana is the best pitcher in the game. I wouldn't exactly call them dogs.

We shoudl hope for a detroit sweep, because it doesnt look good for us against the Tribe. Not only are we facing 2 LHP, but our guys have been lit up by the tribe. Mark, Freddy both suck against Cle, only Vaz has a good record against them.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 02:05 PM)

I wouldn't either. The Tigers are 9-19 in their last 28, the Twins are the best in the game at home, and Bonser and Garza have been better lately, and Johan is Johan. If the Tigers even split up there I'd be surprised.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 02:13 PM)
We shoudl hope for a detroit sweep, because it doesnt look good for us against the Tribe. Not only are we facing 2 LHP, but our guys have been lit up by the tribe. Mark, Freddy both suck against Cle, only Vaz has a good record against them.

Vaz has a great history against them and has been good, he's the one facing C.C., and we kill Lee. I like our chances here actually.

Buehlre and Garcia especially have been absolutely HORRID against the Indians this year, Garcia has an 11+ ERA vs them so that oughta be fun.

Vaz on the other hand has dominated the Tribe with a 2-0 record, 1.53 ERA, 1.25 WHIP, .221 BAA, 20:7 K:BB and has not allowed a HR to them this season.

At this point Garland is the best pitcher in the rotation and I have faith that he can shutdown any team he faces right now so I won't even bother checking his season stats Vs the Injuns.

If the Sox could sweep the Indians, and Twins sweep the Tigers, the 3 teams would be within 1/2 game of each other. I just have the feeling the Sox are going to rue the days they let KC and TB kick their ass, and the 2 games they gave to the Red Sox in Boston. That LA/Oak trip is what the White Sox postseason chances hinge on.