Tigers V. Sox

MHizzle85

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 06:25 PM)
Yeah, because he hasn't had over a 1.000 OPS since then, right?

When is hte last time he's gotten a big hit? Check his stats with runners in scoring position with 2 outs. I bet it's not even close to fantastic.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No Hawk, the 1st inning wasn't productive because WE DIDN'T SCORE.

Didn't Rogers do something similar in July where he was tagged in the first, his pitch count ran up, than breezed through the next 6 innings?

Remember, Buehrle is on the mound. Any opportunity to score which is squandered can't be considered a moral victory.

Ozzie needs to get the bullpen ready if Buerhle gets in trouble again. He cannot allow this game to get out of reach. The Sox are on playoff life support at this point and it's do or die. He cannot afford to "save" the pitching arms for future games, 'cause if we lose the rest of the games will be rendered meaningless anyway.

QUOTE(cgaudin @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 05:33 PM)
Ozzie needs to get the bullpen ready if Buerhle gets in trouble again. He cannot allow this game to get out of reach. The Sox are on playoff life support at this point and it's do or die. He cannot afford to "save" the pitching arms for future games, 'cause if we lose the rest of the games will be rendered meaningless anyway.

Haegar was already warming up in the first.

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 07:33 PM)
You're right RBI's are an insignificant stat for a power hitter.

RBI's say more about the players ahead of you getting on base and in scoring position than you as a hitter. OPS% and OPS+ are the best ways to judge a hitter IMO. You don't have to agree with it, I personally don't care. As long as a guy is getting on base, he's doing his job.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Sep 19, 2006 -> 12:37 AM)
RBI's say more about the players ahead of you getting on base and in scoring position than you as a hitter. OPS% and OPS+ are the best ways to judge a hitter IMO. You don't have to agree with it, I personally don't care. As long as a guy is getting on base, he's doing his job.

He's been getting on base, but he hasn't been knocking in runners. Thus, he'd be better suited for the leadoff position, like I said. He's just another one of the guys who's been disappointing in the 2nd half of the year.

Do we have more than 2 hits after 5 innings today?

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 06:37 PM)

Why the hell is he getting 12 million? For that price, he needs to be more clutch. All that other horsesh*t doesn't cut it.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 06:40 PM)
You would prefer Buehrle who gives up four extra base hits every inning. Buehrle needs his smug ass taken out of the game early to say to him, "Mark, you sucked ass in 2006."

Sox fans at the ballpark need to let these players know how pathetic this team has been. They need to let them know.....and loudly.

PHAWK U 2006 White Sox!

WOW! The amount of posters has dwindled fast. Hey moderator, where the hell did they go? There's only a fraction of guys on the board, compared to last week........ I guess they've had it with this team, already. I bet they're on the Bears' BB's. Just as well......

Edited by cgaudin

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 05:44 PM)
I have tickets tomorrow, but I really don't want to see this s*** in person. Why pay for parking at a hot dog when my empty seat speaks for itself.

Get some ballpark food and think about those of us who are stuck with Dodger dogs.