Tigers V. Sox

MHizzle85

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 06:16 PM)
Tigers fans in this thread...enjoy the postseason this season. You never know when you'll get back there, so make sure you buy the DVD!

Screw that. I'm not ready to concede to anything until we are officially eliminated.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 05:16 PM)
Tigers fans in this thread...enjoy the postseason this season. You never know when you'll get back there, so make sure you buy the DVD!

But the Tigers have been so great this year! Leading this division for so long! They've got a strong foundation to build on next year, and you just can't imagine that the team won't get better in the offseason.

(In green because I went back in time to the end of 2005 and grabbed that post from this board.)

Talk about luck.

Buehrle pitched like someone failed to change his diapers during the 1st, and Detroit's aggressiveness is what saves our ballclub.

This is how our supposed ace responds to a must win situation. He chokes like some Vietnamese whore. I'm tired of watching him. He can enjoy his extended contract in the National League when 2008 arrives.

Well good luck to the tigers and twins, amazing that they show energy and a will to win. Those 2 teams are showing you the 3rd dimension you must have if your going to get to the playoffs.

Really if we were just going to win 1 game in this series and play like crap some more, I'd much rather if we just get our asses handed to us like we are right now. End it quickly. Although that triple play was nice, and in a Real year might spark a hungry team to a big win, but were still down 2.

To not make this too negetive just let me say that even with all the laziness and lack of pitching and all the ugly nights after bad loses; I can still say I enjoyed this season more than most. We still have a world championship title in 2005 and won alot of games this year, stayed in contention for a while and STILL have, in my opinion, a team that isn't too old next year and a few guys that are young and going to play some next year. And finally I'm excited about the offseason, our guys are going to become hungry again next year and the white sox made alot of money this year which means kenny has money to play with, and I believe he will get rid of any guy on this team that looks like he isn't going to be hungry for a world title next year. go sox and see ya in the offseason, unless we pull a miracle and make me happy.

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 07:24 PM)
Hit a homerun Jim. It'd be nice for you to make an appearance...We haven't seen you since July.

I bet he strikes out, foolishly, making a funny face as he walks back to the dugout. Totally schooled.

QUOTE(SinkingShip06 @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 07:17 PM)
tradebait?

If a ballclub were willing to overvalue Buehrle with several blue-chip pitching prospects, than yes.

I'm not too confident about next years club as it is. Until Williams makes changes to this rotation -- ideally two spots -- we're not going to compete with Detroit and Minnesota.

QUOTE(iguchi=dank @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 06:20 PM)
Well good luck to the tigers and twins, amazing that they show energy and a will to win. Those 2 teams are showing you the 3rd dimension you must have if your going to get to the playoffs.

Really if we were just going to win 1 game in this series and play like crap some more, I'd much rather if we just get our asses handed to us like we are right now. End it quickly. Although that triple play was nice, and in a Real year might spark a hungry team to a big win, but were still down 2.

To not make this too negetive just let me say that even with all the laziness and lack of pitching and all the ugly nights after bad loses; I can still say I enjoyed this season more than most. We still have a world championship title in 2005 and won alot of games this year, stayed in contention for a while and STILL have, in my opinion, a team that isn't too old next year and a few guys that are young and going to play some next year. And finally I'm excited about the offseason, our guys are going to become hungry again next year and the white sox made alot of money this year which means kenny has money to play with, and I believe he will get rid of any guy on this team that looks like he isn't going to be hungry for a world title next year. go sox and see ya in the offseason, unless we pull a miracle and make me happy.

Good point. I've paid attention this year a whole lot more than last year. It has been excruciating at times but the Sox are still (technically) in the hunt with two weeks to go, which is more than I can say for those Northside people, whose season ended before they even started the season. Southside baseball is King in Chicago, and I am thrilled about that. With that said, let's go Sox in 2007, 'cause this season is ova.