Seattle @ Sox - Last Ditch Effort

Heads22

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Good gosh...just like ringing a bell. We score, we give it back. Pathetic McCarthy and I've been one of your biggest fans in here, but this is getting ridiculous.

It doesn't matter how bad he's been this year. Once he gets into the rotation, he'll turn everything around.

edit: whoops, I meant rotation

Edited by SoxHawk1980

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Sep 22, 2006 -> 08:30 PM)
As far as next year is concerned, we're actually in a terrible position in comparison to the Tigers and Twins.

How do you figure? Liriano is out all next season, radke is done. Detroits pitching will regress just like ours did this year maybe not nearly as much as we did but there will be regression couple that with the fact that they strike out way to much and thats not a good sign.

We will be dealing for a posisiton of strength this offseason and LF should come for our farm, SS and the BP needs to be addressed other than that. I don't see alot that needs to be addressed with this team.

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Sep 23, 2006 -> 01:33 AM)
i am wondering if KW is kicking himself for not pulling the BA & BMac for Soriano deal.

Keep the same team as last and at the allstar break trade for soriano? that sounds like pretty good hindsight.

Good grief, give up the whole "keep the same team from last season" routine. How would you acquire Soriano? Did you really want Duque in the starting rotation?

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Sep 22, 2006 -> 08:33 PM)
i am wondering if KW is kicking himself for not pulling the BA & BMac for Soriano deal.

Keep the same team as last and at the allstar break trade for soriano? that sounds like pretty good hindsight.

I'm sorry, who's playing CF if that happens?

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 23, 2006 -> 01:38 AM)
Minny is going to be around all year, but I dont buy the Tigers coming into next season. Unless they make some pretty significant changes to that lineup, it doesnt scare anyone, and its getting older.

They still have strong starting pitching, and every indication is that their owner is going to be very active in the FA market. They're going to be a definite threat for the AL Central crown next season.

thats the latest i had heard from ESPN, when he went down, on Mike & Mike.

Actually, I believe what was reported was that he was definitely gone for the rest this season (including postseason). This is what I found:

Sep 14 Liriano does not have structural or ligament damage to his left arm, an MRI scan revealed. The Twins called the test results "favorable" and said he has begun a rehabilitation program with the goal of being ready for the start of the 2007 season. The Twins' left-hander left Wednesday's 1-0 loss to Oakland in the third inning after feeling a pop in his arm. It was his first start since missing a month because of a strained ligament near his elbow.

Sep 16 Steve Herrick, of Minnesota.Twins.MLB.com, reports Minnesota Twins SP Francisco Liriano (elbow) will likely get a second opinion on his elbow in order to find out what is causing him problems. While the original diagnosis said he wouldn't require any surgery, general manager Terry Ryan said he wouldn't be surprised if some kind of minor surgery is needed.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 22, 2006 -> 08:39 PM)
Pure Spec. Liriano will be back by Spring. Will he stay healthy? That is a different story.

Im mearly stating what i heard(on behalf of ESPN), but will say this as fact; he throws his slider 45% of the time and his mechancis are horse s***, if he can't sustain health all season & radke is out, i expect them to strugle.