9/27 Game Thread

fathom

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Jerry! Get that kid the ball! And show Podsednik how a base is actually stolen!

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 27, 2006 -> 04:44 PM)
I laugh my ass off when people suggest he'll actually bring us back a significant player if we trade him.

Congrats to Owens!

You can never underestimate the foolishness of some GM's. I mean, he's a former all star, he's still got 40 steals after going for 60 the year before, he was traded for Carlos Lee, he's got a ring...he at least has a decent resume if you havne't scouted him that well.

Give that kid the bag!

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 27, 2006 -> 05:09 PM)
better. His change up looks ridiculous.

How about the other pitches? Is his curve the small, sharp one or is it the bigger sweeping one today?

Have you been able to pick out the 2 seamer? The radio guys have said he's thrown it

Fathom, remember all those times you complained about the bottom of our batting order with Anderson and a backup catcher down there?

Rob Mackowiak and his .160 average in Sept.

Chris Stewart

Scott Podsednik.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 27, 2006 -> 07:13 PM)
How about the other pitches? Is his curve the small, sharp one or is it the bigger sweeping one today?

Have you been able to pick out the 2 seamer? The radio guys have said he's thrown it

2 seamer inside to lefties and jamming righties looks like the pitch tonight. The curve is starting in the middle of the zone and dropping off, he hasnt thrown the big sweeper quite yet. Stew is working both sides of the plate nicely.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 27, 2006 -> 05:16 PM)
2 seamer inside to lefties and jamming righties looks like the pitch tonight. The curve is starting in the middle of the zone and dropping off, he hasnt thrown the big sweeper quite yet. Stew is working both sides of the plate nicely.

Well, it'd be nice to know that he's still got the sweeper in his arsenal...i've barely seen that this year, because he's never gotten the touch with it out of the bullpen. Good to hear that the 2 seamer is working nicely.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 27, 2006 -> 05:18 PM)
So safe to Mac really might be a "starter?"

1st time I have sat down to watch a game in a while, happy I did.

I hope to God this teaches people something about how good Mac can be. It's rapidly ending my worries about him.

70 pitches for McCarthy through 4.2, supposedly he's on a pitch count tonight and Haeger's backing him up...i wouldn't be surprised if this is his last inning. It'd be nice to get him a win too.

Struck out the strucking side

8 k's, 5 innings.

BMac > you. Again.

Edited by Balta1701