The Office

Kyyle23

Has anyone been watching thus far? Once again, this show has me rolling just about every time I watch it. Im wondering a few things, is Jim getting ready to exit the show or are they going to bring him back to the office to make one more move on Pam(who quietly broke off her engagement, I must have missed that).

Dwight is still my favorite. that guy plays the part perfectly.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still like the UK version better. I don't like Michael and don't believe for a second a person like that would be allowed to remain in his position, but I love the rest of the cast. I agree about Dwight. Whereas Garreth was perfect in the UK version, Dwight is just as perfect in the US version. I recorded last nights and will be watching it tonight.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Sep 29, 2006 -> 08:25 AM)
Still like the UK version better. I don't like Michael and don't believe for a second a person like that would be allowed to remain in his position, but I love the rest of the cast. I agree about Dwight. Whereas Garreth was perfect in the UK version, Dwight is just as perfect in the US version. I recorded last nights and will be watching it tonight.

That's the thing about him, everytime you think he is worthless, he makes a big splash... You'll see what I am talking about for example when you see last nights episode. (I don't want to spoil it)

Then maybe they are learning how to use his character. I have never seen him be even close to likable yet. I'm looking forward to it though. It also might be that it follows Earl, and Earl is one of the best, IMO. That show is perfect in how it actually makes unlikable people comepletely likable.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Sep 29, 2006 -> 08:39 AM)
Then maybe they are learning how to use his character. I have never seen him be even close to likable yet. I'm looking forward to it though. It also might be that it follows Earl, and Earl is one of the best, IMO. That show is perfect in how it actually makes unlikable people comepletely likable.

Yeah its funny, the only person you really don't like in that show is Joy, and every once in a while you can even like her. Earl is a great show to have backed up against the office. I really wish they would have figured out how to get Scrubs in that set as well.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Sep 29, 2006 -> 07:52 AM)
Has anyone been watching thus far? Once again, this show has me rolling just about every time I watch it. Im wondering a few things, is Jim getting ready to exit the show or are they going to bring him back to the office to make one more move on Pam(who quietly broke off her engagement, I must have missed that).

Dwight is still my favorite. that guy plays the part perfectly.

I don't think Jim is leaving the show... If you saw last nights episode, Jim played a prominent role. I'm pretty sure that this much ballyhoed merger between the two offices will eventually happen bringing Pam and Jim back together.

Great show. So many great episode. I agree that the british version is better... but only slightly. I still love the American version. Plus, its been a lot harder in America cause they only ever made 12 episodes in Britain and then ended the show.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 29, 2006 -> 08:47 AM)
Yeah its funny, the only person you really don't like in that show is Joy, and every once in a while you can even like her. Earl is a great show to have backed up against the office. I really wish they would have figured out how to get Scrubs in that set as well.

yeah it seems like everytime you think, wow Michael is a complete ass and worthless at his job, they throw him a bone.

A couple off the top of my head:

1) the halloween episode, where theyshow him getting really excited about giving kids some trick or treat candy.

2) after he shows his ridiculous video at a presentation, he still has the reports to discuss (actually stole this one from one of the commentary tracks on the dvd)

As far as jim goes, there is no way that he is leaving the show.

SPOILERS

I'm pretty sure there is alot of rumors going around that both of those branches will be merging together later on in the show, so that will cover that.

Admittedly, I liked saw the British version first but when I started watching the American one I looooooved it. But I haven't really been that amused by this season. It's really let me down, hopefully it starts to pick up soon.

And after the season premiere, I was actually rooting for Pam and Roy to get back together (gasp) because as soon as Pam and Jim get together (imo) the show would be over.

But I do love Dwight and Creed. Those two absolutely kill me.

EDIT: I would like to say that my lab partner/office mate is actually a female version of Gareth. Seriously.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 29, 2006 -> 09:47 AM)

NBC shafts Scrubs too much. It's set for a Janaury start up, like last year. So they'll probably be playing two episodes a week.

The 4th season comes out on DVD on Octobert 10th, that'll suffice for a bit.

I only watched a couple bits of Scrubs the first season, and it did nothing for me. I was asking my wife if she has given it another chance yet (she's a nurse in a hospital and LOVES medical shows) and she said "not yet". I'm guessing I should?

On Earl, I love Joy. She's so trashy. I also love Crabman.

I agree about wishing for Roy and Pam to get back together. I liked the way they showed Roy in the season premier, obviously destroyed that Pam dumped him.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Sep 29, 2006 -> 09:30 AM)
I only watched a couple bits of Scrubs the first season, and it did nothing for me. I was asking my wife if she has given it another chance yet (she's a nurse in a hospital and LOVES medical shows) and she said "not yet". I'm guessing I should?

I agree about wishing for Roy and Pam to get back together. I liked the way they showed Roy in the season premier, obviously destroyed that Pam dumped him.

Scrubs is quirky. The characters are so exagerated that they are fun. I really like the show a lot, and if you want to try it out, they are now running reruns on both UPN and Comedy Central, I believe at 6pm Chicago time.

QUOTE(SnB @ Sep 29, 2006 -> 09:03 AM)
yeah it seems like everytime you think, wow Michael is a complete ass and worthless at his job, they throw him a bone.

1) the halloween episode, where theyshow him getting really excited about giving kids some trick or treat candy.

2) after he shows his ridiculous video at a presentation, he still has the reports to discuss (actually stole this one from one of the commentary tracks on the dvd)

There's also him skating with his real estate agent's kids at the Ice Rink.

I liked the UK version a lot, but after the few initial episodes I think the US version has really established its own identity.

I really love this show. I had really got sick and tired of a lot of TV in the past few years, but this show has really restored my faith. Espically the season finale last year, I thought that was so perfect, they threw a lot of swerves in and was just so well done. The season opener did a great job following this up.

There's been so many "he secretly pines for her" storylines and they did a great job of keeping this one interesting

QUOTE(SnB @ Sep 29, 2006 -> 09:03 AM)

SPOILERS

I'm pretty sure there is alot of rumors going around that both of those branches will be merging together later on in the show, so that will cover that.

They throw him a pretty big bone in this episode too.

Same here, I barely got through a couple of episodes the first season and really didn't like it.

Caught a re-run yesterday on comedy central from who knows what season. I guess the premise of the episode was the annoying main character having sex all day with some blonde nurse and bragging about it. Still don't like it.

I agree as well on the Roy and Pam thing. This year hasn't seemed as funny as last year to me.

Joy is a trip on Earl - she plays the white trash character to a T haha.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Sep 29, 2006 -> 12:35 PM)
I agree as well on the Roy and Pam thing. This year hasn't seemed as funny as last year to me.

Joy is a trip on Earl - she plays the white trash character to a T haha.

She has had a little practice:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0204350/

If anyone has seen "Poor White Trash", it isnt that great of a movie, but it has its moments. It is sort of a template for My Name is Earl. Pressly pretty much plays the same part

I thought the season premier this year was some of the funniest TV I have seen in a long time. To go where they did, being as politically incorrect as they were I thought was hilarious.

To those asking about Jim, I know no details, but my understanding is the consolidation they have been talking about off and on between Scranton and Stanford(?) will happen this season, which will change the dynamics some, but also bring Jim back into the mix with his former office mates.

Finally watched the new episode last night. I liked it well enough. Michael was less abrasive, and the twist with his party failing was kind of nice. But he still doesn't do much of anything to make you think he is a decent guy at all. If anything the show makes you feel like you yourself are a better person because you can find sympathy for such a prick.