"Juan"ted Uribe

santo=dorf

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Oct 16, 2006 -> 12:16 AM)
F*** gold glove defense and a .700 OPS from a SS. What a horrible player

:fight

yeah, I love me a guy with an .257 OBP.

Wait, how many gold gloves has he won? Oh yes, none.

Oh yes, and his "awesome" OPS of .698 was 20th in the list of all SS with atleast 200 AB.

He also has an ISOD of .022.

EDIT: Sorry, I was giving him too much credit. I put that he had a .290 OBP, while infact it was .257.

Edited by TitoMB345

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Oct 15, 2006 -> 11:22 PM)

Oh yes, and his "awesome" OPS of .698 was 20th in the list of all SS with atleast 200 AB.

EDIT: Sorry, I was giving him too much credit. I put that he had a .290 OBP, while infact it was .257.

When did the Gold Glove Award become the barometer for Gold Glove caliber defense?

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Oct 15, 2006 -> 11:31 PM)
Don't need to. I'm just having a conversation where I state my opinion and everyone else states theirs. :)

So your opinion is that it's a good thing Juan Uribe and his brother decided to shoot 2 guys? That you hope he shot them out of cold blood as opposed to self defense simply because you think he's a bad baseball player? Sounds logical.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Oct 16, 2006 -> 12:37 AM)
So your opinion is that it's a good thing Juan Uribe and his brother decided to shoot 2 guys? That you hope he shot them out of cold blood as opposed to self defense simply because you think he's a bad baseball player? Sounds logical.

Yep. :)

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Oct 15, 2006 -> 11:38 PM)
Uribe didn't go to college. He's got some eligibility left...

Who signs him first, Miami football or Iowa basketball?

Miami. DA U prefers the gun toting thugs, whereas Iowa basketball encourages rape and sexual abuse, which isn't up Uribe's alley apparently.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Oct 15, 2006 -> 11:22 PM)

For starters, you're not going to convince anyone with any knowledge of baseball at all that Derek Jeter is a better defensive SS than Juan Uribe. No one.

Secondly, that 20th is a completely objectional number to me. How many SS's is that exactly? 30? 40? 60? 100? That 20th could put him in the upper half, which, along with gold glove defense, is pretty goddamn valuable.

That ISOD was also the worst of his career. I would put money on that improving next year. He's not disciplined at all, but I going to go out on a limb and say 13 walks will remain a career low for Uribe in a season with atleast 450 PAs.

How about his ISO of .206? That's only 17 points lower than Mr. Everything, Joe Crede. Hell, it's 65 points BETTER than AJ Pierzynski's.

And you're trying to say he's a trash ballplayer. I would imagine you're the only person on this site that feels that way.