"Juan"ted Uribe

santo=dorf

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 17, 2006 -> 03:31 PM)
You should post the whole PM. Never have I had any problems with you, I hope you don't have your panties in a bunch because Tony was dead wrong in that instant. Way to stay classy, big guy. Disgraceful.

Neccessary? Not really.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Oct 17, 2006 -> 02:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Neccessary? Not really.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Oct 17, 2006 -> 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Congratulations. You've just won the Captain Douchebag award.

Necessary? Not at all.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Oct 17, 2006 -> 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SHOCKING, another argument that involves you.

Shocking, another post where you b**** and moan, is there any other kind?

And no, this wasn't an argument. This is me being called a douchebag by a grown man because I happen to think that this coupled with his on field abilities isn't deserving to be pencilled into the short stop position as you had already done a week ago.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Oct 17, 2006 -> 02:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
By saying that, you come off as acting like you knew this was going to happen all along. That's not exactly humorous or true.

I can't wait until we go out to eat, go out to a bar, catch a game together or something of that sort. I think you'll see that I'm as open minded, as intelligent and friendly as they come. The 5-6 immature, close minded fools who dislike me for one reason and one reason only will be exactly that, fools.

And no, I'm not talking about Rock, dorf, fathom, Steff, etc. who I've gotten into productive arguments with. I love talking baseball with them, one of the reason I'm here.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 17, 2006 -> 05:10 PM)
I can't wait until we go out to eat, go out to a bar, catch a game together or something of that sort. I think you'll see that I'm as open minded, as intelligent and friendly as they come. The 5-6 immature, close minded fools who dislike me for one reason and one reason only will be exactly that, fools.

And no, I'm not talking about Rock, dorf, fathom, Steff, etc. who I've gotten into productive arguments with. I love talking baseball with them, one of the reason I'm here.

im sure your great..ill take up that offer anytime.

Man, it's amazing how quickly people turn on a player.

"Did he just throw a palm ball to 1B? ... Yea, he did. ... What a worthless piece of garbage. TRADE HIM!"

You'd think with all the Garland's and Crede's and Konerko's and Dye's that people around here would learn to reserve judgment for a little longer. I guess not.

Associated Press:

Uribe and his lawyers told prosecutors he was not in Juan Baron, a coastal city about 40 miles southwest of Santo Domingo, when the shooting took place, Lugo said.

But Antonio Gonzalez Perez, who was at the courthouse, said he clearly saw Uribe and got into an argument with him before seeing the player pull out a gun and fire.

"Uribe was the one who shot me. We just exchanged words and he was really upset without reason," said Gonzalez, a 44-year-old San Cristobal farmer who suffered an elbow injury and filed a civil suit against the ballplayer.

The navy captain, Dondolin Alessandro, was treated for injuries to his stomach and hands.

Interesting. The farmer has already filed a civil suit and Uribe says he wasn't in town. The only things in the papers are contradictary, we don't know nothin' for sure but this is starting smell. I wonder if Juan can back up his alibi, hell of claim to make if he can't. Not a peep out of the Italian Navy Captian yet.

Where's Peter Falk when you need him?

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2629616

Uribe denies involvement in shooting, claims extortion

By Enrique Rojas

ESPNdeportes.com

SAN CRISTOBAL, Dominican Republic -- Chicago White Sox shortstop Juan Uribe denied any involvement in an incident in which two people were shot early Saturday near his home in the Dominican.

Speaking by phone with ESPNdeportes.com from his home in Juan Baron, Uribe said he spent more than two hours at the San Cristobal courthouse Tuesday being questioned by district attorney Robert Lugo regarding the shooting of two men near his home in Juan Baron, a coastal city about 40 miles southwest of Santo Domingo. Uribe was released around 12:15 p.m. with his brother, Elpidio, and a friend, Jose Manuel Encarnacion, who were arrested Sunday, Lugo said.

"I'm completely innocent," Uribe told ESPNdeportes.com. "They're trying to extort me because they know I play in the major leagues. They sent word to me that if I give them 1,000,000 pesos [about 33,000 U.S. dollars], all of this will go away."

The men are suspected of shooting and wounding a Dominican farmer, Antonio Gonzalez Perez, and a captain in the Italian Navy, Dondolin Alessandro, with a pistol and a shotgun when the pair walked too close to Uribe's jeep around midnight Friday, police said.

An arrest warrant issued Monday for Uribe was voided, but he had to turn over his gun to police and return to the courthouse later this week, Lugo said. Uribe was scheduled to report to his Dominican winter league team, the Escogido Lions, on Tuesday.

According to Lugo, Uribe and his lawyers told prosecutors he was not in Juan Baron when the shooting took place. Uribe, though, denied that claim in his interview with ESPNdeportes.com.

"I was at home talking to my father when all of this happened," Uribe said. "There are a ton of witnesses that can corroborate what I'm saying. No one saw me in the place where the shooting happened.

"Just like me, [Gonzalez] grew up here and has lived all his life in Juan Baron," Uribe added. "He was banging on a public telephone next to my car and I told him to stop. Things went no further than that. Afterwards, I was at home, which is very close to the park where the incident happened, and I heard shots. My brother and friend came over and told me that they had argued with [Gonzalez] and [Alessandro]."

But Gonzalez, who was at the courthouse, said he clearly saw Uribe and got into an argument with him before seeing the player pull out a gun and fire.

"Uribe was the one who shot me. He was very angry without anyone having done anything," said the 44-year-old Gonzalez, who suffered an elbow injury. Gonzalez has filed a civil suit against the ballplayer.

Uribe told ESPNdeportes.com that, in the original police report, Gonzalez accused only the player's brother and friend in the incident, but that on Monday a lawyer told him that he could make a lot of money if a major league player were involved.

"Not only that," Uribe continued, "but during questioning on Tuesday, the Italian admitted that I wasn't there when the shots were fired. The authorities have my gun for ballistics tests that will prove I didn't do it."

Uribe said his agent has kept the White Sox informed of the case, and he doesn't think the incident will affect his status on the team.

Alessandro was treated for injuries to his stomach and hands. The Italian embassy in Santo Domingo did not return several calls for comment and officials there did not respond to an e-mail sent Tuesday.

Two weeks ago, White Sox general manager Ken Williams endorsed the 27-year-old Uribe as his shortstop for next season despite a disappointing 2006 in which he hit .235 with 21 homers and 71 RBI.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Oct 18, 2006 -> 12:39 AM)

Now that some details have been released its more than just Uribe saying he didn't do it. He says he has witnesses, his gun won't match the one that was fired, the blackmail.

Knowing people, especially in other countries, I believe him.

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ Oct 18, 2006 -> 01:15 AM)
Now that some details have been released its more than just Uribe saying he didn't do it. He says he has witnesses, his gun won't match the one that was fired, the blackmail.

I really believe him to.And keeping into account his reputation on this sox team, he is not the kind of guy to do that.although anybody is capable doing bad things.

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ Oct 18, 2006 -> 02:15 AM)
He says he has witnesses, his gun won't match the one that was fired, the blackmail.

Dumb question -- What kind of a "match" can one do on a shotgun? Meaning it won't even be the right type of gun for these pellets? Or will a test show that it hasn't even been fired?

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ Oct 17, 2006 -> 11:15 PM)

I feel a lot better about it. I hope it turns out that what he's saying is true because I love watching the guy play.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Oct 18, 2006 -> 12:12 PM)
Dumb question -- What kind of a "match" can one do on a shotgun? Meaning it won't even be the right type of gun for these pellets? Or will a test show that it hasn't even been fired?

Depending on how sophisticated they get, using the distances between gun and target and the wounds on the victims, they could probably determine the guage of the shotgun. Similarly, maybe the barrell length, based on spread. But they'd need some scientific analysis. There may also be damage in the car, residue and what not. And yes, you can tell to some extent how long since it had been fired or cleaned.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 18, 2006 -> 01:36 PM)
Depending on how sophisticated they get, using the distances between gun and target and the wounds on the victims, they could probably determine the guage of the shotgun. Similarly, maybe the barrell length, based on spread. But they'd need some scientific analysis. There may also be damage in the car, residue and what not. And yes, you can tell to some extent how long since it had been fired or cleaned.

Okay, thanks.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 18, 2006 -> 12:36 PM)

Well, did he give up his shotgun or his handgun? Because within most guns there is a spiral shape in the inside of the barrel. This sometimes is used to ID guns and match them with bullets because its almost a finger-print type of effect on the round. If they still have the bullet , it can be matched with Uribe's gun.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Oct 18, 2006 -> 12:12 PM)

The first, and easiest, thing they will do is a ballistics comparison. Take the shells,casings, or bullets at the scene, compare them to a test shot of Juan's gun. If they match, he's got some explaining to do. If they don't, then he's clear.

The guage is determined by the shot used. They would know that upon visual inspection of the spent shells at the crime scene.

If the gun was cleaned, it will show it wasn't fired. Since he might be anal and clean his gun everyday, a result of that test wouldn't mean much.

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 18, 2006 -> 02:07 PM)
The first, and easiest, thing they will do is a ballistics comparison. Take the shells,casings, or bullets at the scene, compare them to a test shot of Juan's gun. If they match, he's got some explaining to do. If they don't, then he's clear.

The guage is determined by the shot used. They would know that upon visual inspection of the spent shells at the crime scene.

If the gun was cleaned, it will show it wasn't fired. Since he might be anal and clean his gun everyday, a result of that test wouldn't mean much.

Been through this once or twice, huh, Steff?