November 7 Election Day Thread

kapkomet

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Nov 7, 2006 -> 10:35 PM)
I really don't think the Senate will change to the dems.

I think it's pretty much a given. The Senate was sort of a stretch, anyway. But the House still looks pretty good, and that's really the prize. End one-party leadership. I'd love to see that macaca out in Virginia, too, but I'll take what I can get.

Now that Ms. Pelosi is Speaker, and the world is ALL YOURS, what are you going to do, besides go to Disney Land?

I seriously want to know, since most of the platform couldn't be discussed because "Karl Rove would tear it apart".

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Nov 7, 2006 -> 09:41 PM)
Now that Ms. Pelosi is Speaker, and the world is ALL YOURS, what are you going to do, besides go to Disney Land?

I seriously want to know, since most of the platform couldn't be discussed because "Karl Rove would tear it apart".

Dean spoke about that in depth earlier this evening on MSNBC.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Nov 8, 2006 -> 03:43 AM)
I ain't counting those eggs yet. But the ones that don't hatch get thrown at the (ugh) senator from Virginia. After a week or so. In the sun.

Dear NSA,

Metaphorically.

Respectfully,

jh

:lol:

Nice.

I didin't see the Dean crap, I mean, interview. Could you give me the high, er I mean, lowlights? :)

CNN just had Allen-Webb close to within 3,000...

Whadda bunch of teases...

Edit: N/m, 10,000 between 'em. Aw, please. I really, really want this one.

PPS: Less than 8,000...

PPPS: I meant "fewer". And currently 7,000.

PPPPS: 6,000. Stay tuned.

PPPPPS: About 2,500. Go, go, go...

Edited by jackie hayes

QUOTE(AbeFroman @ Nov 7, 2006 -> 10:50 PM)
I'm pretty happy that right-wing nut Santorum is out....

That's Pennsylvania for you though... The politics here are so effed up it doesn't make sense. It's so bandwagon it hurts....but imagine that in the state of The Phillies, Eagles, Sixers, Flyers, Steelers, Pirates and Penguins... Losers all over the place.

Hooray Texas!

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Nov 7, 2006 -> 11:48 PM)
Webb with the lead.

No focking way!???

Wow, that would be HUGE!

Hearing Tweety on MSNBC still suggesting Macaca could be a future presidential hopeful was nauseating.

CNN projects that a proposed law in South Dakota to ban nearly all abortions will be defeated.

Also good news.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Nov 7, 2006 -> 11:04 PM)
Also good news.

It's been 55/45 all night long, so I see no reason why that would change.

Makes me feel a little better too, knowing the radicals for Pro-Life will be left disappointed.

(and that's not any particular person on here; that'd be me referring to those advertising pictures of aborted fetuses on billboards around campus here)

Holy cr@p, now CNN is saying that the 1% projected advantage to Webb over Allen may be a mistake, and that the VA Secretary of State's numbers are the inverse of that.

This race may dictate who controls the Senate and it's going to come down to a couple-thousand votes and which of the ballot counters had dyslexia in reporting the totals. :chair :chair