MLB Trades that never happened

santo=dorf

I been meaning to post this since I heard it during the NLCS, but apparently during the 2000 season the Rockies turned down a trade of Jose Jimenez and Pedro Astico for Vernon Wells, Roy Halladay, and Chris Carpenter because they were afraid they would upset the fans because AStico was so popular. :bang

The Sox supposedly had a trade for Randy Johnson worked out as well.

I once read the Red Sox were trying to trade Babe Ruth for Joe Jackson.

Any other notables?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 8, 2006 -> 12:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Randy Johnson trade was supposedly pre-2005 and involved Paul Konerko, and if I recall correctly, some 17th round draft pick named Brandon McCarthy was included as a throw-in on that deal as well.

I like our trophy better.

No, I was talking about an early 90's trade with Johnson. Supposedly it was so close Ventura already had a jersey ready for him.

The RJ trade rumors of 2004 never had a deal in place, but there was always talk involving Konerko and Garland.

Orioles turned down a Tejada for E. Santana, Aybar, (stud SS) and B. Wood (spect) then turned down a Oswalt, Everett, Ensberg. There was a Manny/Tejada deal but there's like a ton of Manny deals so usually, that gets turned down.

They also turned down a Uribe, Count deal (supposedly) cause they also wanted Garland but KW said no way.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Nov 8, 2006 -> 01:25 AM)
Orioles turned down a Tejada for E. Santana, Aybar, (stud SS) and B. Wood (spect) then turned down a Oswalt, Everett, Ensberg. There was a Manny/Tejada deal but there's like a ton of Manny deals so usually, that gets turned down.

They also turned down a Uribe, Count deal (supposedly) cause they also wanted Garland but KW said no way.

I never heard that Wood was part of that Angels trade too...

God, are the Orioles stupid...

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Nov 8, 2006 -> 12:48 PM)
I never heard that Wood was part of that Angels trade too...

God, are the Orioles stupid...

He wasn't. It was Santana/Aybar that was turned down. Which was still an awful move. Wood was absolutely never a part of the Tejada talk.