The Official Soxtalk Poster Elections - Discussion Thread

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 14, 2006 -> 08:32 AM)
Can we form a ticket before posting and run as a Pres/Veep?

Good question. The answer is no. I'd like to have a sort of first and second place thing going on here, it makes it more interesting. Plus I like the idea that we might end up with a P and VP that are very different politically.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 14, 2006 -> 08:37 AM)
Good question. The answer is no. I'd like to have a sort of first and second place thing going on here, it makes it more interesting. Plus I like the idea that we might end up with a P and VP that are very different politically.

I was going to ask Nuke if he wanted to form a ticket. We'd have kicked everyone's ass.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 14, 2006 -> 08:42 AM)
I was going to ask Nuke if he wanted to form a ticket. We'd have kicked everyone's ass.

Its a good idea, but, I would like to see everyone take their shot individually in this case. That will get more people involved in the discussions. Otherwise the Veeps can just hang around.

But I have to say, a Tex/Nuke ticket would definitely be... interesting.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 14, 2006 -> 09:51 AM)
Its a good idea, but, I would like to see everyone take their shot individually in this case. That will get more people involved in the discussions. Otherwise the Veeps can just hang around.

But I have to say, a Tex/Nuke ticket would definitely be... interesting.

Yes, interesting. . .

What if we just want a sweet pork barrel job? Like Secretary of Fashion and Shoes? Or Education? Do we have to run for that?

QUOTE(Soxy @ Nov 14, 2006 -> 08:56 AM)
Yes, interesting. . .

What if we just want a sweet pork barrel job? Like Secretary of Fashion and Shoes? Or Education? Do we have to run for that?

Well, I suppose that whomever wins the election can be in a position to give you that gig. Some candidates may even go around enticing the voting/posting public with offers of that sort.

For example, maybe a candidate wants your vote, and you say you'll give it to them if they put a line in their sig that says "Soxy is da bomb" in like 64-size font.

Let the politicking begin.

Edited by NorthSideSox72

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Nov 14, 2006 -> 09:45 AM)
Nice... this could be fun...

Listen, I have finals and stuff to get through, but I want to participate.

What's the time range (limit) that you want to accept entries for this?

Let's say the end of next week, maybe Monday. We'll go with 11/27 for the platforms. I'll update the main thread.

I am declaring early. I'll allow the other candidates to use their fancy polling groups to decide what they believe in. I know where I stand and don't need three days to figure that out. :usa Haven't we had enough representatives that can't make a decision without running to outside consultants and pollsters?

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 14, 2006 -> 01:36 PM)
Which is funny because I had to move your post as well, Mr. Kinky.

Make your opening platform statement here.
I placed the platform in that thread and came here to discuss. As per your instructions. :huh I assumed you wanted one neat thread with just platforms and all the discussions in another.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 14, 2006 -> 01:59 PM)
I placed the platform in that thread and came here to discuss. As per your instructions. :huh I assumed you wanted one neat thread with just platforms and all the discussions in another.

I meant your first post in this thread (question about VP), which had previously been in the Platform thread, and I moved it.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 15, 2006 -> 03:54 PM)
I've gotta say, I am impressed with some of the things I've seen so far. Great platform statements, PA's personal thread... 2 people even have new Sigs for the election. Very cool.

Gee, nice when the moderator favors one candidate by name. :D