The Official Soxtalk Poster Elections - Discussion Thread

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to take a second to announce that I will not be seeking any office during this Soxtalk Election cycle. My simultaneous roles as both father/husband, head of the Bilderbergs, and Dictator for Life at Soxtalk.com do not allow me the time to seek the office of the Presidency at this time. I will however be studying the election closely and do plan to offer an endorsement as long there are worthy canditates.

Thank you and good luck, and may God bless Soxtalk.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 15, 2006 -> 08:24 PM)
If you think I'm endorsing PA, you're on crack. I just threw my hat in the ring.

Nice when the election judge is also a candidate. I guess yuo can take the boy out of Chicago . . . :D I am glas you are running, you will make a good Veep also.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Nov 16, 2006 -> 07:53 AM)
I would like to take a second to announce that I will not be seeking any office during this Soxtalk Election cycle. My simultaneous roles as both father/husband, head of the Bilderbergs, and Dictator for Life at Soxtalk.com do not allow me the time to seek the office of the Presidency at this time. I will however be studying the election closely and do plan to offer an endorsement as long there are worthy canditates.

Ah, the kingmaker :D

If we made this like the electoral college we could have each poster have as many votes as they have posts. Watch how fast I'd dive to the right :D

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Nov 16, 2006 -> 09:20 AM)
Good idea, but lets wait on it. I want to give everyone a chance to declare and talk before we start throwing weight around.

Good point. If you start throwing your 43,000 posts worth of weight around before the boat is full, we might capsize.

;)

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Nov 16, 2006 -> 10:03 AM)
A question for all of the canditates...

How would you propose to ween the US off of fossil fuels, while not doing too much inflationary damage to the lowest classes of the US?

Damn. That was going to be part of the debate thread.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 16, 2006 -> 11:14 AM)
Damn. That was going to be part of the debate thread.

Hey! Candidate's can't moderate their own debates, how will those work? Will we submit questions to a third party moderator?

QUOTE(Soxy @ Nov 16, 2006 -> 10:24 AM)
Hey! Candidate's can't moderate their own debates, how will those work? Will we submit questions to a third party moderator?

I hadn't figured that out yet, but I was thinking of maybe setting up the general rules, and then having someone NOT running actually pick some topics, plus each candidate picks one. I was going to pick energy policy, but I am sure others might have as well.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Nov 16, 2006 -> 07:53 AM)

Perhaps you can help me out with setting up the debates. I can set something up that won't require much moderation, but I'd want someone not running to be the point person and choose the topics (from candidate suggestions and/or your own ideas).

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Nov 16, 2006 -> 10:34 AM)
I'll moderate if you all can agree on it.

And actually if Balta is not going to run, I would request his help as a "co" mod to keep it balanced politically.

I'd be pretty surprised if Balta doesn't run. And a little disappointed.

And I'd really like to see Nuke show up as well.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 16, 2006 -> 10:40 AM)

If not, I can handle it... I think I have a little moderating experience from somewhere along the line... Besides you all can't call me anything worse than I get called everyday at work :P

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 16, 2006 -> 10:40 AM)

Nuke's in the middle of a big training project, I think he's going to be away for at least another week or two. IIRC it was a four or five week deployment.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 16, 2006 -> 08:58 AM)
So... Balta, are you going to run? I'd hope so.

Soxy?

Kap?

YASNY?

I was leaning towards it, but there's a question of actually having time to sit down and fill out a platform, etc. Have a ton of experimental work I'm trying to slam out right now.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 16, 2006 -> 11:58 AM)
So... Balta, are you going to run? I'd hope so.

Soxy?

Kap?

YASNY?

Nope. I like to talk politics, but I can't play the necessary games. So, I'd rather be a constituent to a person that actually listens to my opinions and weighs it in with the others, so there's no Tyranny of Soxy.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 16, 2006 -> 12:02 PM)
I was leaning towards it, but there's a question of actually having time to sit down and fill out a platform, etc. Have a ton of experimental work I'm trying to slam out right now.

And there's that. . .But mostly the former.