The "Whatever Happened to..." Thread

sox4lifeinPA

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened to the f'n Wonder Years? One of the greatest shows ever, and it's never on TV. I still can't understand that one.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Dec 10, 2006 -> 01:58 AM)
whatever happened to Dinosaurs?

dinosaurs_earl_baby.jpg

They went extinct in the last episode of the show. Not sure if it was ever televised, but that's really how it ended. Depressing as hell...

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Dec 10, 2006 -> 12:22 PM)
Whatever happened to...

...Twinkie the Kid?

...the Frito Bandito?

...Parker Lewis Can't Lose?

...the Idiot Box?

What do you want to bet that the Frito Bandito was deemed politically incorrect?

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Dec 10, 2006 -> 08:08 AM)
What happened to the f'n Wonder Years? One of the greatest shows ever, and it's never on TV. I still can't understand that one.

They went extinct in the last episode of the show. Not sure if it was ever televised, but that's really how it ended. Depressing as hell...

I seem to recall that actually...it was dark, and it was snowing like mad or something. Something to do with a volcano maybe? I dunno.

That show was amazing though.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Dec 11, 2006 -> 01:08 AM)

Ah yes, Winnie was HAWT as a kid growing up I have to say (apologies in advance if this is going to turn into one of those threads were everyone says who you had a crush one in your early years).

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Dec 10, 2006 -> 04:50 PM)
Ah yes, Winnie was HAWT as a kid growing up I have to say (apologies in advance if this is going to turn into one of those threads were everyone says who you had a crush one in your early years ).

Dina from Saluta your Shorts

aka, Heidi Lucas

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Dec 10, 2006 -> 05:50 PM)
Ah yes, Winnie was HAWT as a kid growing up I have to say (apologies in advance if this is going to turn into one of those threads were everyone says who you had a crush one in your early years).

I'll chime in on behalf of those oldtimers Tex and YAS, and say that back in the day they'd have been all over Wilma Flintstone and Betty Rubble.

:P :P

This thread got me thinking about TV shows series finales. Most people love the MASH ending while other hated Seinfelds. What are some good or bad ones?

ALF being caught and than the show being cancelled..booooo! Dr. Sam Beckett never leaping home!

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Dec 11, 2006 -> 09:25 AM)
I have to admit that I loved the way they ended Quantum Leap. I've noticed a few of the QL DVD sets available, but I am waiting for the last season's set.

Came out November 14th. I'm hoping to get it for X-mas. Bad thing about those DVDs is that they change the music in a lot to save money on copyrights.

QUOTE(Brian @ Dec 11, 2006 -> 10:31 AM)
Came out November 14th. I'm hoping to get it for X-mas. Bad thing about those DVDs is that they change the music in a lot to save money on copyrights.

I'm not going to lie, I have all 4 seasons that are out so far, and I am super looking forward to the 5th season. I loved that show. And I had a huge crush on Dr. Beckett. Hurray for the final season coming out!

QUOTE(YASNY @ Dec 10, 2006 -> 12:28 PM)
What do you want to bet that the Frito Bandito was deemed politically incorrect?

Would you believe that the Bandito was a Tex Avery creation? One of his last.

QUOTE(Brian @ Dec 10, 2006 -> 09:35 PM)
Jessica Rabbit is my generation.

Jessica Rabbit should be everybodies generation. Greatest female cartoon creation ever. Followed only by Red from the Tex Avery toons.