Trade RUMOR

dwalteroo

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Jan 15, 2007 -> 10:55 PM)
I used to look at these trade rumors and think nothing of them, but after this offseason I always get worried when I look at these threads. I cant bleieve KW would pull the trigger on a trade like this.

Why?

And no, there is roughly no chance KW pulls the trigger on such a deal, especially when KW has a respectable SS on the bench.

And JFC, don't hate on KW's trades so much. I love McCarthy, and he didn't get s*** for value for Garcia, but SOB, the Sox have more good young pitching close to the majors than any team in the AL Central. Unles Aybar pitches, don't f***ing worry, jesus s***.

God I hate people who hate KW. I hate the McCarthy move, but have faith in him until he shows that we don't have to show faith in him (and God I sound like such a KW homer right now, but I'm not)

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 15, 2007 -> 05:44 PM)
I for one could certainly tolerate taking Figgins in such a deal...it might not be totally balanced, but given the needs of the 2 teams it'd be pretty close to balanced, but I'd also hope we could find something to do with Podsednik as well, because I don't particularly want Figgins in CF everyday (although that would give us a really nice backup-OF option).

I would say that Cintron probably strikes out somewhat more than Aybar, takes a few less walks, and has a little bit more power. But Aybar has a hell of a lot more speed, and should be able to hit for a much higher average over a full season.

I have to say that I don't see much of a point in selling Joe so low. While Aybar is an intriguing prospect, and the Sox have nothing particularly inspiring in the system in terms of MI's, I don't believe we are so without leverage here that we need to make a desperation move. Getting both Aybar and Figgins is redundant, IMO. Aybar would be nice, because he can eventually be the long-term ss here, but another significant piece would have to be added to even interest me in such a deal. Cintron is no world beater; but he is a suitable stopgap who was signed to avoid just this: being forced to make a desperation move because of something happening to Juan.

I would gladly entertain a trade of Crede, as much as I like him, because of the injury and salary concerns. However, that doesn't eliminate or diminish the fact that he is an elite defensive third basemen, and appears to be reaching an above average echelon offensively. Field's emergence may provide some security for the loss of Crede, but by no means does he figure to actually replace his skill set any time soon, if ever. For me, Crede has to be dealt only if the "right" deal comes along.

What is the right deal? Well, one in which we get back players we have been high on for some time. A deal in which we suffer only marginally in the present and improve in the future. Looking at the Angels system, they have several pieces we would undoubtedly be interested in. However, Stoneman is notorious for dry humping his prospects despite his owner's very public desire to win now. If it were me, I would demand Wood in any Crede negotiations, or else I would be content to stand pat for the time being. We've built up the pitching in Charlotte and Birmingham; now we need to build some positional strength in the system, as we have several veteran position players with the ability to walk in the next two years. If we cannot strengthen that area, like I said, I am content to bide my time until this becomes more of an urgent issue.

Edited by iamshack

MLB Insider isn't much as far as being able to hang your hat on their so called insider rumors. I think from the latest is that Uribe will play for the Sox in '07 and all this speculation by Gammons and some others is just to stir up stuff because they have to earn their money somehow.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Jan 16, 2007 -> 02:24 PM)
MLB Insider isn't much as far as being able to hang your hat on their so called insider rumors. I think from the latest is that Uribe will play for the Sox in '07 and all this speculation by Gammons and some others is just to stir up stuff because they have to earn their money somehow.

Yeah, honestly, I don't put any stock in trade rumors from MLB Insider anymore, and the other speculative talk out there sounds pretty flimsy. I don't think anything will come of it.

I highly doubt we will deal Crede before next offseason unless we get a couple major league ready talents. It wouldnt make much sense to deal Crede when he is under our control for the next two years for Aybar + when Fields isn't ready to step in yet, regardless of the Uribe situation. Replacing Uribe's production is a far simpler task than replacing Crede's, both offesnively and defensively.

If i had to speculate we will probably wait until next year when Fields is to the point where he plays periodically in both the outfield and giving Crede days rest. If he performs well the possibility of Crede being dealt would increase. But truthfully, I see Crede as a player KW may let walk after the 2008 season rather than try and trade him for prospects and leaving our ML team with a void.

:gosoxretro:

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jan 16, 2007 -> 05:41 AM)
Why?

And no, there is roughly no chance KW pulls the trigger on such a deal, especially when KW has a respectable SS on the bench.

And JFC, don't hate on KW's trades so much. I love McCarthy, and he didn't get s*** for value for Garcia, but SOB, the Sox have more good young pitching close to the majors than any team in the AL Central. Unles Aybar pitches, don't f***ing worry, jesus s***.

God I hate people who hate KW. I hate the McCarthy move, but have faith in him until he shows that we don't have to show faith in him (and God I sound like such a KW homer right now, but I'm not)

I never said I hated KW, I just wouldnt wanna see my favorite Sox player get shipped off in a deal like this. I realize hes more then likely gonna be gone soon, I just hope we can get something of value for him. This trade just didnt seem to make sense to me.

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Jan 16, 2007 -> 11:13 PM)
I never said I hated KW, I just wouldnt wanna see my favorite Sox player get shipped off in a deal like this. I realize hes more then likely gonna be gone soon, I just hope we can get something of value for him. This trade just didnt seem to make sense to me.

Currently, this trade makes no sense. Come next offseason, a trade similar to this makes all the sense in the world.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jan 17, 2007 -> 04:31 PM)
Hell, it makes some sense now even. Not saying it would be smart, but I understand where the rumor could come from. We all know that are positional prospects are thin at best, and SS is one of the weakest spots. Aybar could fill a void for a long time at SS. Crede for Aybar isn't going to work, thats obvious, but the core of the trade does make some sense.

Like I said before, I think if KW got some young pitching included in the deal that he liked, then yeah I could certainly see something like this happening. Because that's what he's targeted all of this off-season, and if he gets an offer too good to refuse in his mind, then I could definitely see him pulling the trigger.

Hell even if you do this, Aybar could play at SS or 3B and same with Uribe. Josh Fields doesn't exactly HAVE to play for the White Sox if Crede was traded in this scenario.

Kenny wants to win this year, and this trade doesn't help us in that regard. As much as I've been ragging on Crede over the past week or so in various threads, he's got a ton of value to the team this year. By making a trade such as this, the Sox are forfeiting offense and defense from the 3B position while not getting much, if any, upgrade offensively or defensively at SS.

Long-term, this deal makes all the sense in the world at any time. But with a desire to win, this trade can be debunked.

If, however, Figgins were included, I see no reason to not make the deal.

:gosox1:

QUOTE(Fantl916 @ Jan 16, 2007 -> 08:24 PM)
I highly doubt we will deal Crede before next offseason unless we get a couple major league ready talents. It wouldnt make much sense to deal Crede when he is under our control for the next two years for Aybar + when Fields isn't ready to step in yet, regardless of the Uribe situation. Replacing Uribe's production is a far simpler task than replacing Crede's, both offesnively and defensively.

If i had to speculate we will probably wait until next year when Fields is to the point where he plays periodically in both the outfield and giving Crede days rest. If he performs well the possibility of Crede being dealt would increase. But truthfully, I see Crede as a player KW may let walk after the 2008 season rather than try and trade him for prospects and leaving our ML team with a void.

:gosoxretro:

Welcome to Soxtalk :cheers