Soxtalk Community Prediction: Scott Podsednik

Heads22

Pods gets divorced and remembers how to stay healthy and play baseball again. Sorry I couldnt pass that up.

Seriousley though...

.270 b/a

.320 o/b

26 sb's

I hope Im wrong but I think he ends up with nagging injuries again this year. If not the groin the Hammy thing will come back again to slow him down. I really hope Im wrong!

QUOTE(VicRattlehead @ Feb 6, 2007 -> 09:25 AM)
Pods gets divorced and remembers how to stay healthy and play baseball again. Sorry I couldnt pass that up.

Seriousley though...

.270 b/a

.320 o/b

26 sb's

I hope Im wrong but I think he ends up with nagging injuries again this year. If not the groin the Hammy thing will come back again to slow him down. I really hope Im wrong!

hes more of a walking dimwhit than rex grossman.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Feb 6, 2007 -> 09:26 AM)
hes more of a walking dimwhit than rex grossman.

Man you're not kidding. I just dont get this guy. I know some guys are just injury prone and Pods is looking to be one of them cause he hasnt been healthy and played a full season since his days with Brewers. Dont get me wrong, I appreciate all he did in 05 but even then he had Hammy probs and I think the groin thing popped up to if I remember right.

I guess all we can do is hope he gets healthy so he can contribute or get traded.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Feb 6, 2007 -> 11:11 AM)
He needs to learn how to bunt again, pods would be amazing with a slap hit, similiar to castillo.

Yes he does. Thats the problem with him...he doesnt but much anymore and he isnt that good of hitter so when he doesnt have his legs working he doesnt get those infield singles from deep in the hole at short or down the 3B line.

QUOTE(easyw @ Feb 6, 2007 -> 07:10 AM)
By mid-August, I predict Scott Podsednik will be working the deep fryer at Arby's in Tinley Park.

With the scratch his wife is bringing in and his rugged good looks I doubt Pods will ever have real job again.

By 2009 you'll see him modeling sports wear in clothes magazines.

QUOTE(VicRattlehead @ Feb 6, 2007 -> 11:29 AM)
Yes he does. Thats the problem with him...he doesnt but much anymore and he isnt that good of hitter so when he doesnt have his legs working he doesnt get those infield singles from deep in the hole at short or down the 3B line.

Scott Podsednik is the least athletic 'speed guy' I've ever seen.

QUOTE(VicRattlehead @ Feb 6, 2007 -> 11:43 AM)
Kalapse....I take you're talking about his gracious ballerena style of playing LF? :P

That and his lack of strength, unimpressive agility, constant injuries, choppy running style and the deterioration of speed we've seen over the past few years. The guy is just not an athlete.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 6, 2007 -> 11:52 AM)
That and his lack of strength, unimpressive agility, constant injuries, choppy running style and the deterioration of speed we've seen over the past few years. The guy is just not an athlete.

I agree 100%. It amazes me when taking into consideration what you just said that he even hes speed.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 5, 2007 -> 04:38 PM)
Seeing as how Pods has gotten a near pass from a lot of fans for last season I really don't see him being any more closely scrutinized than say Mark Buehrle, Jim Thome or Javier Vazquez.

If by "a near pass" you mean "he's the most complained about and scrutinized player on the team," I agree with you.

If by "a near pass" you mean "a near pass" I would say that applies only to Mark Buehrle despite his being, if you had to rank them, the number one reason the Sox didn't make the playoffs.

Their great starting pitching got them the World Series in '05. Mediocre starting pitching would have gotten them in the playoffs in '06. Their bad starting pitching kept them out of the playoffs. Buehrle was the worst of the starting pitchers.

QUOTE(Vance Law @ Feb 6, 2007 -> 12:47 PM)
If by "a near pass" you mean "he's the most complained about and scrutinized player on the team," I agree with you.

If by "a near pass" you mean "a near pass" I would say that applies only to Mark Buehrle despite his being, if you had to rank them, the number one reason the Sox didn't make the playoffs.

Their great starting pitching got them the World Series in '05. Mediocre starting pitching would have gotten them in the playoffs in '06. Their bad starting pitching kept them out of the playoffs. Buehrle was the worst of the starting pitchers.

It depends on who you're talking about, if you're talking about the type of fans that are on this board then yes Pods was really nailed last year but if you're talking about the type of fans who call into White Sox weekly (the majority of Sox fans) then the guy got a serious pass last season compared to guys like Vazquez and even Thome (who was blaimed for the lack of 'smallball). And yes Buehrle did get a pass last year but I'm talking about next season, if Mark f***s up he's going to get killed in the press.

QUOTE(Felix @ Feb 6, 2007 -> 12:51 PM)
1.000/1.000/1.000 with 52 stolen bases, but still hated by Soxtalk members for his poor defense/arm.

I wouldnt say thats entirely true, at least not for me anyway. Its alot easier to to be patient with his arm and fielding if he's dropping down bunts, getting infield singles and stealing bases like what he did in 05.

Edited by VicRattlehead

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 6, 2007 -> 12:51 PM)
It depends on who you're talking about, if you're talking about the type of fans that are on this board then yes Pods was really nailed last year but if you're talking about the type of fans who call into White Sox weekly (the majority of Sox fans) then the guy got a serious pass last season compared to guys like Vazquez and even Thome (who was blaimed for the lack of 'smallball). And yes Buehrle did get a pass last year but I'm talking about next season, if Mark f***s up he's going to get killed in the press.

Yes, I suppose it does depend which fans you're talking about.

yikes, if I heard someone say this:" Thome...blaimed for the lack of 'smallball" I wouldhave to call it, at best, silly talk.

QUOTE(easyw @ Feb 6, 2007 -> 07:10 AM)
By mid-August, I predict Scott Podsednik will be working the deep fryer at Arby's in Tinley Park.

That's the kind of hard-working player I want on the Sox. A multi-millionaire who doesn't need to work another day in his life, yet he'll go get his hands dirty working at Arby's.

QUOTE(Vance Law @ Feb 6, 2007 -> 01:01 PM)
yikes, if I heard someone say this:" Thome...blaimed for the lack of 'smallball" I wouldhave to call it, at best, silly talk.

No matter how insane it sounds, that sort of talk took place quite a bit last season and it makes me sad.