Discussion Thread - NUKE's war diary

NorthSideSox72

I find it interesting that this has slowly fizzled as we lost interest. It may be a microcosm of our societies interest in the war. We still like Nuke, hell most voters want him for a drinking buddy. (I'm running too, and I have sand just like Nuke) But we're not talking much about the war. Which probably means no candidate wants to really talk about the war. I wonder if this means Bush's policy of limiting some aspects of media coverage is working? Or Not.

Anyway, How have you been Nuke?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Feb 7, 2008 -> 10:46 AM)
Cone on Tex. It's not being talked about because the violence and such is down.

Makes sense. We're only interested when there is violence. Seems like some people were blaming the media for only reporting the negative (violence) and not the postive. You know, just sayin' ;)

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 7, 2008 -> 10:49 AM)
Makes sense. We're only interested when there is violence. Seems like some people were blaming the media for only reporting the negative (violence) and not the postive. You know, just sayin' ;)

Exactly! It's not being reported because they don't need to report the positive. It makes the GOP stronger. You know, just sayin' ;)

NUKE, HOW THE HELL ARE YOU?

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Feb 7, 2008 -> 05:20 PM)
Exactly! It's not being reported because they don't need to report the positive. It makes the GOP stronger. You know, just sayin' ;)

So you are in favor of the media gettng us interested in something? :o

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Feb 7, 2008 -> 05:20 PM)

Doing just fine. These days we're having far more difficulty fighting off boredom than anything else. We're just trying to run out the clock at this point.

Some more good news, though, I now know the exact date I'll be leaving Baghdad. That would be April 6th. If you throw in travel time and such, I fully expect to be home in the US and back at my home base in Kansas on the 10th or 11th.

QUOTE(NUKE @ Feb 8, 2008 -> 12:55 PM)
Doing just fine. These days we're having far more difficulty fighting off boredom than anything else. We're just trying to run out the clock at this point.

Some more good news, though, I now know the exact date I'll be leaving Baghdad. That would be April 6th. If you throw in travel time and such, I fully expect to be home in the US and back at my home base in Kansas on the 10th or 11th.

That's great news!

QUOTE(NUKE @ Feb 8, 2008 -> 12:55 PM)

That is good news! If you stay staeside for a while, you can win your award back next year. Come home safe, my Soxfan brother. :usa :gosox2:

• 1 month later...
QUOTE(NUKE @ Mar 30, 2008 -> 06:33 PM)
Yes, but only for 24-48 hours from what Im hearing. Not too bad at all.

I was there for like 10 days, just sitting around doing nothing. That was 3 years ago though so they probably have it ironed out a little better. I hope, anyway.

If you were somewhere around me, I'd buy you a beer. :cheers