Can You Feel It Yet?

LVSoxFan

...for a company outing to the Cubs game in May. Don't ask. What can I say, it's a tradition. While online snagged some Cubs/Sox and thought... man, I'm buyin tickets for Sox games! It's almost that time!

When you have to start planning this weekend and that weekend for Sox, you know it's near. Also, when St. Patty's Day is approaching, we know the worst of winter is behind us.

And now spring training games are about to begin.

Whereas last year it seemed like the gap between seasons flew by due to the Sox playing up to Halloween, this has been a good, long break. I'm ready.

Just wanted to pass that warm thought along... before we get buried tomorrow, LOL.

:gosox1:

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Feb 23, 2007 -> 04:54 PM)
I'll take Wrigely any day over the House that Ruth built or Fenway.

I have to dissagree. Yankee Stadium is the Mecca of baseball parks. Never been to Fenway, But The Stadium

is waaaay better than Wrigley.

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Feb 23, 2007 -> 03:54 PM)
Wrigley is not as bad as most of us Sox fans make it out to be....the problem more lies within the team that plays there and that drunkard Ronnie Woo Woo.

I'll take Wrigely any day over the House that Ruth built or Fenway.

I hate the fact that unless you memorize player #'s or can actually see the name on the back of the jersey, you can never tell who is on the field. Their scoreboard is useless in that regard.

QUOTE(pale_hose @ Feb 23, 2007 -> 08:32 PM)
i got four sox-cubs tickets at wrigley...i hate wrigley, but love to see the sox win there...

i was in the virtual waiting room from 9:30 to 12 not even close to gettin a seat for sox-cubs.

how do you do it?

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 24, 2007 -> 03:16 AM)
Ok, I'll say it, when the Cubs are having a bad season, yeah Wrigley is a beer garden. BUT when the Cubs are playing well, it is an intense place to watch a game. The fans sit on every pitch, every game. I can't say the same for the Cell. Sorry.

Were you at any of the games in September 2005, particularly the Indians series? That was the most intensity I've ever felt from any fans at any sporting event.

Guys, guys.

I don't mind sitting in the sun at Wrigley on a nice day. The new bleachers are actually pretty nice.

But rest assured, there is NOTHING more fun than going to Cubs/Sox at Wrigley, wearing a Sox jersey and talking trash for nine innings. Love it.

Going into enemy territory wearing Sox colors--ahh that is what life is all about. The other great thing is seeing all the other Sox fans milling about, at the bars, before and after.

Hopefully we'll kick their asses again this year.

QUOTE(Tannerfan @ Feb 23, 2007 -> 04:24 PM)
I have to dissagree. Yankee Stadium is the Mecca of baseball parks. Never been to Fenway, But The Stadium

is waaaay better than Wrigley.

I went to Yankee Stadium for the first time last summer. And while it's rich with history, it's dingy, cramped, and expensive. I would much rather watch a game at Wrigley than at Yankee Stadium.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Feb 24, 2007 -> 01:43 PM)
Guys, guys.

I don't mind sitting in the sun at Wrigley on a nice day. The new bleachers are actually pretty nice.

But rest assured, there is NOTHING more fun than going to Cubs/Sox at Wrigley, wearing a Sox jersey and talking trash for nine innings. Love it.

Going into enemy territory wearing Sox colors--ahh that is what life is all about. The other great thing is seeing all the other Sox fans milling about, at the bars, before and after.

Hopefully we'll kick their asses again this year.

Give me a meaningful division game over a Sox/Cubs game every single time.

I have no interest in baiting Cubs fans into arguments over 6 relatively meaningless games every year.

The teams end up splitting the series most years anyway, so it's even more pointless.

When I go to Wrigley with my wife or my Cub fan work friend, I don't care who they're playing. I just go to spend time at a ballgame with people I like.

Oh don't get me wrong I don't go there to start trouble.

All the trash-talking is between me and my Cub fan friends. Nothing serious.

But seeing that I live five minutes away, you don't realize what a kick it is to see Wrigleyville overrun with people in Sox jerseys. LOL.

You may even recall that last year I swear it was almost even between Cubs and Sox fans at the game.

I guess what I'm saying is it's so FOREIGN to watch your team playing in a different stadium. Not unlike a road game, but with tons of Sox fans everywhere.

Yes, it's meaningless but it's fun. It's a tradition.

To your point about going to a Cubs game, yeah, when I go (rarely unless it's bleachers) I'm not a jerk. I just enjoy the day and clap politely for the Cubs. I just wear a Sox t-shirt underneath whatever I'm wearing.

;)

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Feb 24, 2007 -> 07:07 PM)
Oh don't get me wrong I don't go there to start trouble.

All the trash-talking is between me and my Cub fan friends. Nothing serious.

But seeing that I live five minutes away, you don't realize what a kick it is to see Wrigleyville overrun with people in Sox jerseys. LOL.

You may even recall that last year I swear it was almost even between Cubs and Sox fans at the game.

I guess what I'm saying is it's so FOREIGN to watch your team playing in a different stadium. Not unlike a road game, but with tons of Sox fans everywhere.

Yes, it's meaningless but it's fun. It's a tradition.

To your point about going to a Cubs game, yeah, when I go (rarely unless it's bleachers) I'm not a jerk. I just enjoy the day and clap politely for the Cubs. I just wear a Sox t-shirt underneath whatever I'm wearing.

;)

That's cool, then.

I just don't get as into the Sox/Cubs thing as some folks do.

I've been to a few crosstown games and it just seems that too many people take it too seriously.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 24, 2007 -> 08:16 PM)
That's cool, then.

I just don't get as into the Sox/Cubs thing as some folks do.

I've been to a few crosstown games and it just seems that too many people take it too seriously.

they take it as the superiority in Chicago, regardless of records (as in, if the Cubs win the season series but the Sox win the World Series, the Cubs are the best team in town).

I guess I'm speaking as an outsider, but that's how I assume it is, and quite frankly, it that is how it is, it's flat out wrong.