The Al Gore discussion, split from GOP/DEM

mr_genius

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This morning I received a visit from some friends here in Texas. Al Gore is wrong.

Long Live OIL!!

In Exxon we Trust!

Al Gore :o :angry:

:notworthy Exxon :notworthy

There is nothing we can do to hurt the environment. The environment is a tool used by liberals to win votes. Al Gore and this liberal hypocrisy must be stopped at all costs. Oil!! Coal!! :notworthy

And Al Sharpton is the biggest liberal hypocrite. His family was so tight with Thurgood Marshall's they were even living together. :headbang

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 27, 2007 -> 06:30 PM)
The most recent Gore camp response:

Well that's not good enough for some people here. Apparently he is not supposed to use any electricity or fossil fuels ever. Perhaps he should live in a tree and eat berries otherwise he's a hypocrite. How dare he provide people with scientific facts that we are destroying the Earth.

There is nothing we can do to hurt the environment. The environment is a tool used by liberals to win votes. Al Gore and this liberal hypocrisy must be stopped at all costs. Oil!! Coal!! :notworthy

Sounds awfully familiar to the liberals who say Bush and Cheney are fear mongers who use it as a tool to control us all. But of course, like you, THEY aren’t being serious, are they?

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 27, 2007 -> 08:54 AM)
No, I'm not. But at the same time shouldn't the investigation be the message not the messenger? Would you rather follow wrong information from a guy living in a 300 sq foot home heated with all renewable resources or factual information from someone living in an 8,000 square foot home?

So, for the sake of discussion, whcih should we follow, your view of his message or his lifestyle? Which places us, you and me, on a better path?

Factual info?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 27, 2007 -> 06:30 PM)
The most recent Gore camp response:

And their Gulfstream flies on bullS***

Al Gore winnning the Oscar for his conservation type movie was kinda like when Milli-Vanilla won that Grammy.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Feb 28, 2007 -> 09:42 AM)
Apparently he is not supposed to use any electricity or fossil fuels ever. Perhaps he should live in a tree and eat berries

or maybe just use , like, only as much fossil fuels as the average american... instead of 20 times as much. that or stop blaming everyone else for global warming when you, yourself, are a major contributor to carbon emission. :D

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Feb 28, 2007 -> 03:45 PM)
Al Gore winnning the Oscar for his conservation type movie was kinda like when Milli-Vanilla won that Grammy.

or maybe just use , like, only as much fossil fuels as the average american... instead of 20 times as much. that or stop blaming everyone else for global warming when you, yourself, are a major contributor to carbon emission. :D

Oh for *&^$(*'s sake. Do any of you read? He isn't using 20 times anything! That home of his he is purchasing 100% renewable energy for, and for anything else that emits carbons, he buys them off the market. But really, please, go ahead and believe the garbage being spewed by those who prefer flaming to facts.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 28, 2007 -> 04:03 PM)
Oh for *&^$(*'s sake. Do any of you read? He isn't using 20 times anything! That home of his he is purchasing 100% renewable energy for

no it isn't. he purchases his energy from the same sources as everyone else in his area and at a rate of 20X the usage of the average american. the guy is full of it.

if you don't want to acknowledge the fact your beloved GoreOracle is an major polluter, thats fine. it's just your biased opinion of the situation. biased and incorrect.

do we really need to keep arguing this? Al Gore would be very angry if he knew we were using his invention, the Internet, in such a way.

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Feb 27, 2007 -> 10:11 PM)
http://www.commondreams.org/views01/0429-03.htm

It takes some digs at Bush, but he seems to be quite the conservationist at home,

but that was from April '01. And since the mantra of the Bush white house is 9/11 changed everything! we can assume that 9/11 changed Mr. Bush's consumption habits.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 28, 2007 -> 04:03 PM)
...and for anything else that emits carbons, he buys them off the market.

So he is just paying someone else to NOT pollute so he CAN POLLUTE. Simply buying 'carbon offsets' doesn't mean he isn't a major contributor, it just means that he is rich and can continue to live the way he wants to because he can 'purchase' his way to neutral. That is just another way for the feel-good liberals to claim moral superiority because their intentions are good.

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Feb 28, 2007 -> 04:21 PM)
So he is just paying someone else to NOT pollute so he CAN POLLUTE. Simply buying 'carbon offsets' doesn't mean he isn't a major contributor, it just means that he is rich and can continue to live the way he wants to because he can 'purchase' his way to neutral. That is just another way for the feel-good liberals to claim moral superiority because their intentions are good.

Perhaps you should read earlier posts in this thread that explain what is really going on. And when did saving the Earth become a liberal idea? I figured everyone would be interested in saving it.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Feb 28, 2007 -> 10:31 PM)
Perhaps you should read earlier posts in this thread that explain what is really going on. And when did saving the Earth become a liberal idea? I figured everyone would be interested in saving it.

BS, you'll appreciate this...

You damn hippee! :lol:

On this point, you're right, and that is getting missed in all the hypocracy talk. We do all need to be aware of it, but the point still is Al Gore is a hypocrite. :D

So no one mentioned leading GOP environmentalist.

Al Gore :angry:

Exxon :notworthy

BTW, anyone find any stats that his home, uses more energy than others of that size? Anyone find any stats on comparing his home to the average Americans who have two home offices in it? I love how some people like to compare the "Average American" and their usage to someone living in a larger home with two offices.

And I thought the GOP was about rewarding people who have made a success of themselves.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 28, 2007 -> 04:41 PM)

No kidding. Lets just start drilling in Alaska. We need more oil. Heck, lets just build an oil rig every other mile across the country. Screw the environment. I'll only be alive for another 60 years or so at the most.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 28, 2007 -> 04:41 PM)

i'd like to nomiante myself, or nuke maybe. i'm not in the GOP, but i don't follow the teachings of the GoreOracle, so that should qualify me.

my conservation skills cut my energy consumption all the way down to using as much energy in 3 years as Al Gore does in a month. yes, i am the best.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Feb 28, 2007 -> 04:31 PM)

Perhaps YOU should read what I wrote. Gore's own response stated that he buys carbon credits for whatever other pollution he creates and can't offset with his new light bulbs, etc. THAT action, the buying of credits so you can still go on polluting like before only with a supposedly clearer conscience, is what I posted about. HE is still using power, creating pollution, but by spending some money, can CLAIM to be carbon neutral. Bull. So STFU until you can master basic reading skills yourself.

As for saving the earth being a liberal idea, it isn't. But it has become a struggle for power over others. if it wasn't, and the saving of earth was of the utmost importance, why were China and other 'developing' countries left out of Kyoto? Because, at least at that level, it is all about bringing the big guys (read: US and Europe) under some sort of centralized control in a global power play. Otherwise, the rules should have been for everyone.

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Feb 28, 2007 -> 03:31 PM)
Perhaps YOU should read what I wrote. Gore's own response stated that he buys carbon credits for whatever other pollution he creates and can't offset with his new light bulbs, etc. THAT action, the buying of credits so you can still go on polluting like before only with a supposedly clearer conscience, is what I posted about. HE is still using power, creating pollution, but by spending some money, can CLAIM to be carbon neutral. Bull. So STFU until you can master basic reading skills yourself.

Just out of curiosity, do you actually understand how those credit systems work? Seriously? Because the entire objection I've seen throughout this thread to the fact that he is spending money on investments that go directly into the replacement of high-greenhouse-gas emitting systems with renewables has been to say "Bull" or "B.S." Which somehow, to my eyes, just leaves me wanting, oh, a little evidence?

And that calling of BS is also done entirely without noting that buying Carbon offsets is exactly the thing Mr. Gore advocates for everyone, and also without noting the fact that the power he's purchasing for that house (at a rate something like 30% higher according to one source, although I haven't seen the actual TVA bills) is also coming largely/entirely from renewable sources established in that area.

No one is saying we need to go back to the stone age on this. Not me, not Mr. Gore, not anyone with a shred of understanding of the problem. No one is saying you can't be rich, live in luxury, or can't drive. But what is being said is that if you're going to do those things, you simply need to do them in a responsible way, through things like purchasing carbon offsets to fund the construction and operation of renewable systems or to develop systems for CO2 sequestration.

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Feb 28, 2007 -> 04:23 PM)
I think I saw Ted Nugent Chopped Liver for sale in Jackson, MI once.

I cleaned the carpeting in a hotel room after Ted Nugent stayed there once. It was disappointingly clean.