Steve9347

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 6, 2007 -> 02:36 PM)
That would be such a disaster. Terrero is a bad baseball player....at least Anderson can contribute defensively. If Anderson gets sent down to AAA, it further enhances the claim some of us have made that the Javy trade was the worst one in club history.

Why does Ozzie feel the need to put crappy players on the 25 man roster. We had to deal with OMIT for the longest time. For a guy preaching defense, he kept shoving out the worst possible defensive OF at times with Prancer frollicking around in LF, watching the ball bounce off the wall, picking the ball up, dropping it, kicking it, then throwing it like he was born a righty. His partner in crime was a 3rd baseman/corner OF playing CF. Does Ozzie just ask the magic 8 Ball for his lineup/player advise. I know that this guy is better, but Poo on a Stick over there is looking good to me. The biggest issue is that on game 2, he will trot out Terrero in CF because he needs to rest his starters for the offseason. Ozzie subs too much to put crap out there as a backup.

Terrero = OMIT

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 6, 2007 -> 02:48 PM)
what a weird game.

Javy looks off in the first two innings, but appears to be working on specific pitches in specific spots. The 3rd inning he starts using more of his pitches, locations and speed, and dominates.

he actually was good the 2nd inning till he f***ed himself over with his own mistakes and we know Javy... mental stuff is his biggest problem

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 6, 2007 -> 03:48 PM)
Why does Ozzie feel the need to put crappy players on the 25 man roster. We had to deal with OMIT for the longest time. For a guy preaching defense, he kept shoving out the worst possible defensive OF at times with Prancer frollicking around in LF, watching the ball bounce off the wall, picking the ball up, dropping it, kicking it, then throwing it like he was born a righty. His partner in crime was a 3rd baseman/corner OF playing CF. Does Ozzie just ask the magic 8 Ball for his lineup/player advise. I know that this guy is better, but Poo on a Stick over there is looking good to me. The biggest issue is that on game 2, he will trot out Terrero in CF because he needs to rest his starters for the offseason. Ozzie subs too much to put crap out there as a backup.

Terrero = OMIT

I don't think Terrero has any shot of making the 25. Not even a chance. I've read nothing to suggest that he does, and nobody else seems to have anything suggesting that either.

Edited by jphat007

QUOTE(Reddy @ Mar 6, 2007 -> 02:49 PM)
he actually was good the 2nd inning till he f***ed himself over with his own mistakes and we know Javy... mental stuff is his biggest problem

It appeared that he really started to use his pitches in that third. One of the swings was 3 feet above it.

Also Uribe looks pretty decent at the plate this ST.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 6, 2007 -> 08:49 PM)
Is there a reason why they keep mentioning what Erstad did 7 years ago like it holds any f***ing merit?

I like Erstad, but I have the feeling that Ozzie and Hawk are going to make him sound like the second coming of Ty Cobb. I just hope he's not the White Sox version of Jeff Blauser: once a Cubs killer, always a Cubs killer.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 6, 2007 -> 02:51 PM)
It appeared that he really started to use his pitches in that third. One of the swings was 3 feet above it.

Also Uribe looks pretty decent at the plate this ST.

i wish Javy would come out another inning but i know he wont. i'd just be interested to see if he could keep it going

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 6, 2007 -> 02:50 PM)
I don't think Terrero has any shot of making the 25. Not even a chance. I've read nothing to suggest that we will, and nobody else seems to have anything suggesting that either.

If Brian isnt the starting CF they want to get him ABs, and that is called the minors.

So who praytell plays CF on the frequent days off that Ozzie gives his players, and if you say Mack just dont. We have no CF when Erstad needs a rest, gets injuried, pulls something.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 6, 2007 -> 03:52 PM)
If Brian isnt the starting CF they want to get him ABs, and that is called the minors.

So who praytell plays CF on the frequent days off that Ozzie gives his players, and if you say Mack just dont. We have no CF when Erstad needs a rest, gets injuried, pulls something.

Well, everything indicates BA will be in the majors. That's what Ozzie has said from Day 1 of camp. Erstad might eat into some of his PT, but BA will still be up there.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 6, 2007 -> 02:55 PM)
Well, everything indicates BA will be in the majors. That's what Ozzie has said from Day 1 of camp. Erstad might eat into some of his PT, but BA will still be up there.

i think erstad will be starting somewhere. he's show so far that he can hit, run, and "grind" the way ozzie loves

QUOTE(Reddy @ Mar 6, 2007 -> 03:56 PM)
i think erstad will be starting somewhere. he's show so far that he can hit, run, and "grind" the way ozzie loves

Very possibly. Could be in left. Could be in center. But ain't no way Terrero is on the roster. Not a chance.