The East Bracket (East Rutherford)

I know, and yes I know I sound like a whiny little baby. Coupled with UNC's mascot Jason Ray about to pass away and the most likely departure for the NBA of Brandan Wright, Ty Lawson, and maybe even Hansbrough, it just sucks as a UNC fan right now. But life goes on.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 07:43 PM)
I know, and yes I know I sound like a whiny little baby. Coupled with UNC's mascot Jason Ray about to pass away and the most likely departure for the NBA of Brandan Wright, Ty Lawson, and maybe even Hansbrough, it just sucks as a UNC fan right now. But life goes on.

Look at it this way: At least you're not an Iowa State fan. :D

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 06:28 PM)
Congrats guys, you got your wish, refs gave GTown another game.

Dumbest post in board history. Did you see the FT totals, or the game, or the fact that UNC missed 19 out of 20 shots. UNC needs a mirror to see why they lost.

And please go somewhere else with your whining BS, I'm sorry about the mascot but other than that, you won it all 2 years ago and you'll bring in a bunch more great recruits to replace the lost guys to the NBA.

In other news, G-Town saved my bracket for now.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 06:53 PM)
Pretty amazing huh? 35 free throws for UNC in the first 30 minutes of the game then ZILCH for the final 10 minutes. GT's whiny fans finally got their way. Wish nothing but the worst for that entire program.

Watch the tape, you guys stopped going inside at the point where the free throws stopped. Not a coincidence, the refs called every inside shot by UNC a foul on the Hoyas, and it would have continued had UNC not all of a sudden settled for jump shots.

Dumbest post in board history. Did you see the FT totals, or the game, or the fact that UNC missed 19 out of 20 shots. UNC needs a mirror to see why they lost.

And please go somewhere else with your whining BS, I'm sorry about the mascot but other than that, you won it all 2 years ago and you'll bring in a bunch more great recruits to replace the lost guys to the NBA.

You know what, you aren't even worth it on second thought.

Edited by Palehosefan

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 09:34 PM)
You know what, you aren't even worth it on second thought.

Awww come on!! The post full of false personal attacks because it's the refs and Hoya fans fault your team went 1 for 20 and forgot how to go inside would have been MUCH more fun. :)

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Mar 26, 2007 -> 10:59 AM)
Seriously, let it go. Have I ever given you grief when the Illini lost? Or anyone grief when their team lost? Didn't think so.

Your a good poster and I was actually in all seriousness going to say sorry about the loss. But to go in the direction you did as to why they lost was so shockingly misguided that I didn't know what to do.

I knew several people that were at the game and talked about how the Georgetown fans in unison would stand up at the timeouts and boo and cuss out the refs all game long, it's not just something I made up in my head. It's something similar to what coach K does to refs all game long and why he gets so many calls. Doesn't hurt that the GT coach whined about it and got a Tech in the first half as well, it eventually worked, but I don't expect an outsider with no interests in the game other than bracket to notice or care about it. But in the end, it's over. Georgetown won and is moving on, and I go to baseball season.

As an aside, I never blame the refs for a loss. 95% of UNC's losses this year have been from a lack of brainpower or youth. But this one was just the hardest to take in my life.