The East Bracket (East Rutherford)

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 23, 2007 -> 08:34 PM)
Well, nice walk by Green there. These refs are just pathetic in this tournament. Vanderbilt was robbed.

it was a joke....we got f***ed........if they can overturn 3 pointers with a guy on the line they should be able to overturn something that was so obviuosly a travel....

USC was just never the same after Taj's 4th foul, and by the time he got back in, everybody on SC was out of gas and the momentum was too big a hill to climb. And that was clearly a walk IMO, even in live speed, but since I have Georgetown in the Final 4 I'll take it. G-Town and UNC should be a classic.

Memphis is my team to beat, but USC would probably be my #2. Both will depend on whether Nick Young and Chris Douglas-Roberts stay or go.

Both Memphis and USC would have ridiculous huge backcourts next year if everyone stays.

Memphis:

6'3 PG Derrick Rose

6'5 PG/SG Antonio Anderson

6'6 SG/SF Chris Douglas-Roberts

USC

6'3 PG Gabe Pruitt

6'5 PG/SG OJ Mayo

6'6 SG/SF Nick Young

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 24, 2007 -> 01:56 AM)
USC may have choked, but they are my team to beat next year. They will be 100 percent better.l

Ill probably be the first person to say it this year that I think Mayo wont mix well with this team. He will be a great player putting up about 30 a game but hes a graceless player, very selfish. From what Ive heard not exactly a team player. Better yet hes playing in hollywood territory, I guess I just dont like the mix there.

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Mar 24, 2007 -> 05:15 PM)
Ill probably be the first person to say it this year that I think Mayo wont mix well with this team. He will be a great player putting up about 30 a game but hes a graceless player, very selfish. From what Ive heard not exactly a team player. Better yet hes playing in hollywood territory, I guess I just dont like the mix there.

And that's why I expect both Pruitt/Young to test the waters. I recall an article from a month ago that said Young is almost a lock to go pro.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 24, 2007 -> 12:23 PM)
And that's why I expect both Pruitt/Young to test the waters. I recall an article from a month ago that said Young is almost a lock to go pro.

Yeah I can see Young going pro, I dont think he will be a first rounder because this draft class is looking real deep.

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Mar 24, 2007 -> 12:09 PM)
Yeah I can see Young going pro, I dont think he will be a first rounder because this draft class is looking real deep.

He's an athletic 6'6" guard that can shoot, he'll go in the first. FWIW, Chad Ford has him at #19, nbadraft.net at #9 (probably a little high :o ), and draft express has him at #17.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 01:09 AM)
He's an athletic 6'6" guard that can shoot, he'll go in the first. FWIW, Chad Ford has him at #19, nbadraft.net at #9 (probably a little high :o ), and draft express has him at #17.

He's what I call a first round lock.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 01:09 AM)

Ok, didnt really hear of him. Never thought too highly of any of USCs players because they just werent in that upper echelon of basketball power houses (schools). Till now you could say.

Thompson congrats you just gave UNC momentum with that Technical, boneheaded move.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 04:51 PM)
It's amazing the crap that Hansbrough gets away with.

Yea I don't get the love for this guy, sure hes pretty good but they are always all over his knob about how tough he is. Plus his damn lip hangs down to his knee and that just bothers me. :lolhitting

QUOTE(He_Gawn @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 04:49 PM)
Anyone else think Gtown is just getting screwed with all these fouls called? wow

Almost like a second showing of the Oregon game.

Cmon Gtown I want to see the Hibbert-Oden matchup.

QUOTE(He_Gawn @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 04:54 PM)
Yea I don't get the love for this guy, sure hes pretty good but they are always all over his knob about how tough he is. Plus his damn lip hangs down to his knee and that just bothers me. :lolhitting

Yeah, I hope this kid busts in the NBA, does he have a missing tooth or just bad dental problems? I never really figured that one.

Edited by ChWRoCk2