Who's your hot prospect?

I thought this could be a fun thread... we all know about the Alex Gordon's, Chris B. Young's, and Carlos Quentin's... who's your under the radar spect you think is going to break out.

Mine is Corey Hart OF - Milwaukee Brewers. I've seen him go undrafted in the two league's I'm in that I wasn't present at the draft, but I've taken him in the last couple of rounds in the ones I have attended.

I could see Hart easily hitting for a .280 average with 30 homers and 75-95 rbi (depending on his position in the lineup.) Ned Yost is currently leaning towards batting him higher than originally expected (5th or 6th). So you should all run out and pick him up!

I'm interested if anyone has a hotshot young SP they think will break out this year (not a guy like Adam Wainwright that everyone is talking about!)

:D

QUOTE(Reddy @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 10:37 AM)
Alex Gordon, Chris Young, Bmac, John Maine, Mike Pelfrey, Andre Ethier... among others

Oh you stole mine :P

Well I was gonna say John Maine (sp) he did really well second half of last season and Mets lineup can put up enough offensive numbers to help him win. Definitely take him in deeper leagues. Pelfrey (sp) too but a stretch, he was called up but didnt do too hot.

I REALLY LIKE IAN KINSLER (2b), if he counts, he missed first 6 weeks of last season and can put up some big numbers with Texas if he hits towards top of the lineup.

Chris Duncan (1b, of) could do well also he only had about 400 at bats and was most in a season, he should do better the second time around and put up nice numbers batting around Pujols, rolen and edmonds in the lineup.

Those are really only players i like, not much in pitching, Broxton could be solid if Saito goes down if you need a closer, Josh Sharpless of Pitt had a nice season and might be a longshot option if Torres doesnt work out as a closer. Maybe even Humberto Sanchez of the yanks could see some action idk.

another one - watch for Oliver Perez this year, just saying.

he's got a spacious park to work in and so far in spring training he's been looking like his 2004 self. who knows - but at the end of last year and through the playoffs he was hot.

I got two more, I know its tough to find catchers well here are two solid sleepers for ya.

Chris Ianetta, Javy Lopez was cut so Ianetta will take over the starting spot, Torrealba is his only challenger but his 249 avg just aint gonna fly. Ianetta is a career .300 avg minor league hitter and hitting in Coors will help him.

Another one is Ronny Paulino of the Pirates, this kid had a nice year for his first full season. Not overwhelmingly high numbers but it was his first season and well I can expect somewhat higher numbers this year around.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 03:37 PM)
Ask Zoom, he took about all of them in our league.

ALL of them? Come on, I just got Delmon, Chris Young, Jeremy Hermida, and Jeremy Sowers. The keeper I got Delmon, Markakis, Gordon, Chris Young, Drew, Hermida, Duncan and Sowers. :P

Seriously though, Steve just came up with a good one. Mike Pelfrey apparently has a starting spot now...

Edited by ZoomSlowik

Matt Lindstrom has to be pointed out, since he's listed as the Marlins closer, and they can put ANYBODY at closer and he does well it seems like, and really you could pick any of half a dozen D-Rays in this category even after the top guys. I think Russell Martin is going to emerge as one of the best catchers in the game as well, and Kevin Kouzmanoff is going to blow up at 3B for San Diego as well as Howie Kendrick at 2b for the Angels and Edwin Encarnacion at 3B for Cincinnati.

As for pitchers....a handful and then some will emerge in this category, but who those people will be is too damn hard to guess, I gave up on young pitchers years ago.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 07:40 PM)
ALL of them? Come on, I just got Delmon, Chris Young, Jeremy Hermida, and Jeremy Sowers. The keeper I got Delmon, Markakis, Gordon, Chris Young, Drew, Hermida, Duncan and Sowers. :P

Seriously though, Steve just came up with a good one. Mike Pelfrey apparently has a starting spot now...

Didnt you get upton too?

I just remember searching all of the guys I wanted and being like......

Zoom!!!

newman1.jpg

Here are some players to watch out for

-Adam Loewen (Orioles pitcher)

-Wes Helms (could be great value late)

-Homer Bailey (Reds SP may not make splash right away, but stud potential)

-Alex Rios (all know about him, but I've been seeing him go 9th or 10th in drafts. Absolute steal)

-Josh Willingham (tremendous value potential for late in the draft)

-Taylor Tankersley (injury has slowed his rise to Marlins closere, but he's the guy to watch here)

-Jose Valverde' (I am so confident in him I ignored RPs until grabbing him in the 13th round as my first closer-I did add 3 others for depth just in case)

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 26, 2007 -> 10:36 AM)
After doing two drafts in a league of friends who know a good deal about baseball, a major sleeper is Chuck James. I got him very late in a draft I did last night, and almost know one had heard of him.

Ooooooh good call, I forgot all about him, but he's going to have a nice year.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 26, 2007 -> 10:57 AM)
Ooooooh good call, I forgot all about him, but he's going to have a nice year.

just picked him up in two leagues - even dumped buehrle for him. i figure he'll at least surpass Buehrle in strikeouts and frankly i think he'll have a lower WHIP and possibly ERA as well

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Mar 27, 2007 -> 03:16 AM)
Edwin Encarnacion

If you need a decent 3Bman, he's a guy that could put up a solid average, good power, good run production, and double digit steals. Tony has probably heard me say that a time or two.

Ha I just posted my roster with him at 3B a bit before this....I didn't give you the idea did I? ;)

Hehe.