Kris Honel

Whitewashed in '05

Why would he be done? He is still fairly young, and could at least add depth in the minors.

Also, I hope he bounces back. My question is does he still have those wicked breaking pitches? If so, and he is healthy, watch out. I think he has tons of potential still.

I also think the Bullpen might be an option for him.

I also wish him the best of luck. I have not givin up on he and Wing. This season maybe, and definitely next season will probably be his last chance. I hope this kid can turn it around. It would be quite a story. i also wanna hear how he throws now. Eigher harder or more finese after the TJ surgery. If his secondary pitches look good/better/worse, more movement/less, etc.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 09:42 PM)
Why would he be done? He is still fairly young, and could at least add depth in the minors.

Also, I hope he bounces back. My question is does he still have those wicked breaking pitches? If so, and he is healthy, watch out. I think he has tons of potential still.

I also think the Bullpen might be an option for him.

He's 24 and and is in AA. Still trying to come back from TJ surgery and while there is a high success rate that doesn't mean he will be his old self. He might turn out to be okay with another year or two, but he will only get older which means he has less chances of succeeding.

Even if you look at it from an organizational stand point he has been passed by so many guys. Broadway, McCullough, Russel, Haeger, Sisco, Masset, Floyd, Gio and I might have missed some. This is assuming these guys have a long term plan of being starters. Even if the guys I mentioned still have a few years to go, their not as old or are recovering from injury.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 03:29 AM)
No, that's only if you remember Aaron Myette and Lorenzo Barcelo

Ah the young pups...

Anyways, it seems crazy to think that Kris is only 24. He might be an interesting candidate for a big time sleeper season, though usually it take another year for the arm to get back to full strength and capability. Even at 25, he still has a very nice shot at making something of himself.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 06:42 AM)
Ah the young pups...

Anyways, it seems crazy to think that Kris is only 24. He might be an interesting candidate for a big time sleeper season, though usually it take another year for the arm to get back to full strength and capability. Even at 25, he still has a very nice shot at making something of himself.

No kidding. How many remember when Doug Drabek was a Sox prospect?

QUOTE(ptatc @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 04:49 PM)

*shrinks back in seat slowly*

lol, I was of course making my comment in jest; if you're old if you remember Barcelo and Myette, then you are displays in a museum if you remember guys like Aparicio and Fox

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 04:41 PM)
KHINAP

Kris Honel is not a prospect.

yes he is.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 03:29 AM)
No, that's only if you remember Aaron Myette and Lorenzo Barcelo

I had such high hopes for him... :bang

What happened to Corwin Malone's bright future? Injuries, correct?

QUOTE(ptatc @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 04:49 PM)

[Raises hand]

Heck my first memories of Comiskey Park are from the year of the South Side Hitmen. Now granted that doesn't put me in YASNY, Texsox, or Flaxx territory, but sometimes it can make me feel old here. :P

QUOTE(BearSox @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 07:10 PM)
What happened to Corwin Malone's bright future? Injuries, correct?

Injuries and a complete lack of control.

I've had the pleasure of talking to Kris several times, and while I've always heard he's arrogant, he's probably been one of the nicest players I've talked to. I remembered interviewing him in 2005 late in the season where he said he felt like he was dominating again, only to reinjure himself. I really hope Kris can get a good season under his belt this year and then keep pushing for the majors next year because I couldn't think of a nicer guy for it to happen to.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 08:26 AM)
Yeah I do... :(

Oh

well, welcome to the old person club, where you play bridge and cribbage all day. Better make up some story really quick about how you had to walk 3 miles to school both ways in a blizzard.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Mar 23, 2007 -> 08:29 AM)
Oh

well, welcome to the old person club, where you play bridge and cribbage all day. Better make up some story really quick about how you had to walk 3 miles to school both ways in a blizzard.

lol im pretty sure he is only a freshmen in college if that.

cerbaho, not sure when you talked to him, but he was always beyond cocky. at least now he is coming to terms with it. when he got drafted, he had "superstar" or something along those lines painted on the side of his car. i went to hs with him and he was nice enough, but extremely cocky. there are definatly nicer people it could happen to. but i still would like to see him pitch for da sox.

QUOTE(rowand @ Mar 23, 2007 -> 06:24 PM)
cerbaho, not sure when you talked to him, but he was always beyond cocky. at least now he is coming to terms with it. when he got drafted, he had "superstar" or something along those lines painted on the side of his car. i went to hs with him and he was nice enough, but extremely cocky. there are definatly nicer people it could happen to. but i still would like to see him pitch for da sox.

well, sometimes that type of attitude for a pitcher is good. In fact, I like it. Just flat out say to the opponent, I am better then you, so try and hit my fastball, or try and strike me out.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Mar 24, 2007 -> 01:07 AM)
Ehh, Corwin seems to have started dropping off around the same time testing started beginning...

Pure coincidence. Corwin has always had a big muscular body and still does. Corwin dropped off when injuries caught up with his lack of work ethic and immaturity.

Corwin has since grown up a lot and worked very hard trying to get back. Physically he is in great shape and those I know say his approach to the game is totally different now. It's a shame that sometimes it takes a career-threatening injury to get someone headed in the right direction.